Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 14-03-2007, 06:29 PM   #1
Futura01
horsepower

Default a quick emission question ???

Guys , hoping any of you N/A guy's, might have info as the turbo guru's seem to know nothing about engineered turbo's????

As some of you know i am in the process of putting a turbo kit on my DEV3HL motor and want it legal .. and was wondering if 2 cats will help controlling any nox or other gas's that they look for in a emission test ????
the car is well tuned and running very very low boost of 1psi for the test, i have also thermo wrapped the hi-flow cat and now i am wondering if i should install another for the test only ???
any idea's ??? :Reverend:

Futura01 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 09:07 PM   #2
bodes-sh
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i don't think another cat is going to make any difference to be honest...what have you currently got in there? what type and brand i mean
bodes-sh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 09:46 PM   #3
Hibbz
The Mod Bug Has Hit

i would have thought a non hi flow version would be better and giving you a cleaner emission figure but im probally wrong

Jake
Old 14-03-2007, 10:03 PM   #4
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

i know little about the emission stuff but i found this little bit that might help on the day of the test.

The catalytic converter does a great job of reducing pollution, but there is room for improvement. One of the catalytic converter's biggest shortcomings is that it only works at a fairly high temperature. When you start your car cold, the catalytic converter does almost nothing to reduce the pollution in your exhaust. This is an important note when taking your car for its emissions test - make sure that it has had a good steady run to heat up the Cats to working temperature or you could fail your emissions test.
i hope that helps........... cheers mik
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-03-2007, 10:05 PM   #5
b2tf
not here much anymore

if its tuned well you should have nothing to worry about?
Old 15-03-2007, 01:29 PM   #6
superroo
You can't stop the signal

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Has done quite a few excellent write ups for au .com 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futura01
and was wondering if 2 cats will help controlling any nox or other gas's that they look for in a emission test ????
No, two cats won't reduce your emissions unless the first one is stuffed or dodgy, which is easy to tell. As has been said, tune it properly, and make sure the car is warm when tested
superroo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post