2011 A New Fresh Start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
"Please enter your username and password to log in."
sorry here is the the story

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoOZ

OK i have something to vent here...

Out here where i live (Whyalla, SA) it is pretty much commodore country. And for the many years i have lived here i have had to put up with everybody loving these cars and even my mates giving me **** about my love for Japanese cars but i have taken it in my stride knowing that one day when i get my "rice burner" i will show them what is what Razz

Now the thing that ****es me off the most is the die hard commodore lovers. Now to them the Commodore SS is the king of the road. Nothing can compare to them and as soon as you mention HSV they all go wild about how the new v8 does this and that and nothing ever can stand up to it blah blah blah...

Now that i have had my Evo 8 for a few months i have been waitign to see what they say about it. The other day a mate came up to me and he starts of by saying "Oh i see you've got one of those Mitsubishi rice burners. I hear they go alright. How do you reckon it would go up against Dougie's (a mate) SS? I reckon it would beat it off the line but as soon as you get up to about 60 - 70 the SS would cain past it"
Now after hearing this i nearly fainted with disbelief at how someone can be so confident in the good old SS 'caining' the Evo Confused

Well a few nights ago i put all their hopes down the drain of seeing their precious SS 'cain' my Evo. Here i was at the local drag strip lined up next to my mates SS. Now as soon as my mate in the middle of the strip dropped his arms signaling to go we both dropped the clutch and i just got nothign btu grip and tore off down the strip. He got a bit of wheelspin btu manged to keep most of it under control and started to take of. Now i jsut kept pulling and pulling away from him and by the end of the strip he was pretty much in shock over what just happened.

Now the thing that made me **** myself laughing was that after this display of Evo power i was bragging to them about drilling the SS hwo good my car was and how good i was and all that. One of my mates was getting a bit ****ed off and in an attempt to knock me off my perch he said to me "well maby we shoudl jsut take it to a track and then see whos laughing".............................. Yes that is what he said!!!!! I still cant get over it and i dont think im ever gonna let him forget what he said because i think it was th emost stupidest thing i have heard yet the funniest thing i have ever heard. I seriously can't believe that he said that :?

Now everytime i pull up at the lights and see a commodore rock up next me me revving up to give me a drag i crack up lauging at what my mate said.... After i smoke them accross the lights

/me ends rant and laughs at mates comment
once i read this i couldn't believe it myself go the evo's

Last edited by Ralliart; 11-03-2007 at 05:42 PM.
Ralliart is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 05:59 PM   #62
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Ok, bottom line is... any car can beat any car easily depending on how much money you've spent on it.

Lets just compare a stock VZ SS against a stock Evolution VII. Right, on a straight line both cars are as quick as the other... but the Lancer just have too much cornering ability for the VZ SS.

There's no way in hell a VZ SS can blow the Lancer out of the water. Let alone a VZ SS ute. Nuh-uh.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 08:52 PM   #63
ThoR_
Holdens Fall Apart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
A few years ago I saw a gear locker. It could be used for autos or manuals. It was a very neatly made unit from South Africa and fitted over your gear stick. Once in position and locked with a key it made it impossible to move out of Park or first gear, so that would rule out pushing your car away.
Yeh but you can change gears from under the car to. Also a winch of a flat bed truck could drag a car up it wether its wheels are rolling or not
Old 11-03-2007, 08:57 PM   #64
nugget378
Weezland

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to impart knowledge in the technical areas. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
HA! you're hilarious.
Its funny coz its true...:hihi:
nugget378 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 09:42 PM   #65
Christina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart
if u think an vz ss v8 is better than evo look at this thread

http://www.evolutionoz.net/forum/php...pic.php?t=1236
i never said it was, mate. when i say "ricer or not" i am not always talking about SPEED. man, you males always think about power and speed... im referring to looks, interior, design, newer model, younger car.

im saying, compared to the Evolution, this VZ has shitload more accessories, then just a turbo and 4wd, i never referred to it, "CHOMPING" an evo.

i couldnt care less about speed, power, etc.

its better looking, bigger engine, clean interior, etc, that evo was a driving timebomb for theft.
lock up your car good.

btw, my dad wants to get those secura-posts.

you need a good solid garage/poles/tracking everything on those jap things, i'm just happy he has moved on and grown up from those cars. i was talking to someone who had their skyline with thousands of dollars of security stolen from outside their work......
Old 12-03-2007, 11:05 AM   #66
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christina
i never said it was, mate. when i say "ricer or not" i am not always talking about SPEED. man, you males always think about power and speed... im referring to looks, interior, design, newer model, younger car.
Performance is measurable and actually has units for it to be measured in, whereas looks, interior, design car arent.

Newer model and younger car doesnt mean better.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:30 PM   #67
Bucknaked
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Holden Bogans think nothing can waste their precious LS1's.
Bucknaked is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #68
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Bogan V8 owners in general think that though :
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 02:26 PM   #69
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlin
I'd bet money that they had a flatbed truck round the corner. Sounds like a professional gang - car is long gone sorry.
Or junkies, shunting car's has been happening for years its nothing new.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 02:46 PM   #70
mattri

so sorry to hear

i had a 2000 model rex with over 30k worth of gear stolen from parramatta during the day on thew main road. IT was towed, the thing is they wanted my car so bad they stole the car behind my car also. I had alot of rare stuff on mine also with Sparco seats and so one, the car ran a 10.9 at the creek the week before. I reckon it was rebirthed or shipped out somehwere. I got insurance but no where near what it was worth

good luck
mattri is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 04:49 PM   #71
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucknaked
Umm... 2 letters and 1 number.... LS2 better yet... LS7.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:12 PM   #72
xalent
Red Eye Racing

Holden Bogans can think?????
xalent is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post