Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-02-2007, 02:57 PM   #31
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLC
i got my radiator replaced under extended warranty, a 6 stacker, soon to be 2 as well.

my mums car has had 2 faulty heater boxes (incl labour- removing the interior of the car TWICE), a few 6 stackers, and other various bits and pieces

ALL done under extended warranty, depends on the dealer and how well you know your service guys i guess ;)
Faulty heater boxes? How long do you reckon an XC one lasts. Mine was made in 1978 and is still good.
My stacker is 1997 I pulled it apart and greased it last week as it kept jamming.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-02-2007, 07:15 PM   #32
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002auxr6
i guess the moral of the story is that your a ******** who doesnt read into things, i work for probally one of the biggest warranty companys in aus and its ******** customers like you that give extened warranty companys, insuranse companys a bad name, read what ur getting ur self into first!
Look you tool squeezer, the dealership was the problem not the warranty. I read right through the warranty and at no time did it state that repairs had to be approved prior to being carried out. There is a reason that insurance companies have a bad name and that is because many give themselves one. Insurance is a gamble, you are willing to provide me with coverage because there is a good chance I won't have to claim but trying to weazle out of it when I do have to claim and then blaming the customer (and yes people who buy insurance policies are your customers) when something goes wrong is a display of just how pathetic some organisations and individuals (like yourself) can be.
RIPGMH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #33
2002auxr6
Drunk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPGMH
Look you tool squeezer, the dealership was the problem not the warranty. I read right through the warranty and at no time did it state that repairs had to be approved prior to being carried out. There is a reason that insurance companies have a bad name and that is because many give themselves one. Insurance is a gamble, you are willing to provide me with coverage because there is a good chance I won't have to claim but trying to weazle out of it when I do have to claim and then blaming the customer (and yes people who buy insurance policies are your customers) when something goes wrong is a display of just how pathetic some organisations and individuals (like yourself) can be.

wow thanks for the kind hearted words, you are right with some things you say but in regards to it not saying that work had to be approved prior to work being carried out i find that hard to belive i have warranty books here from all sort of insurance comapanys from RACV to FORD warrantys and they all read the same thing, so all i can suggest is that you read through it again
regards
shane
Old 24-02-2007, 03:00 PM   #34
TUF514
Banned

Quote:
I'm half tempted to take the BA down and tell them there is a noise under the bonnet
Haha. The engine sounds funny..... I think its stock! :

I dont take warranties on anything now.

AWN ARE SCUM!!! I tried to make a claim to AWN and they wouldnt know me.

IMO they arent worth the paper they're written on.

If something goes wrong, ill pay for it.
TUF514 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 03:01 PM   #35
TUF514
Banned

BTW, what warranty company do you work for 2002auxr6?
TUF514 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #36
scoob010
Starter Motor

If you told them to fix it regardless of approval then they should have. They could have charged your account and then you could have gone through the same process and got it credited when it was approved.
However, it seems like your saying you were not aware they wouldn't fix it before
it was approved? (account aside)
Tell me I'm wrong because that's just silly.
scoob010 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-02-2007, 05:01 PM   #37
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I expected to drive away in a safe car, regardless of if I had to pay for it or not.
Old 24-02-2007, 05:22 PM   #38
scoob010
Starter Motor

And that's fair enough.
I was leaning more towards the little spat you and 2002auxr6 were having.
Thought you were making the argument that they should fix it, then try and
get warranty approval. Nothing to do with your particular situation.
Old 24-02-2007, 05:23 PM   #39
scoob010
Starter Motor

Quote:
I read right through the warranty and at no time did it state that repairs had to be approved prior to being carried out..
That bit.
Old 24-02-2007, 10:13 PM   #40
RIPGMH
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Thats right, with the original warranty they would just fix it and if Ford rejected the repair I would be issued with a bill through my account. Ford was exceptional in its customer service, it was the dealership that was the issue. At no time did I feel as though they gave a ****, the way they were talking it was like they were doing me a real favour by even submitting a warranty claim.
Old 25-02-2007, 12:37 AM   #41
elusiverunner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002auxr6
i guess the moral of the story is that your a ******** who doesnt read into things, i work for probally one of the biggest warranty companys in aus and its ******** customers like you that give extened warranty companys, insuranse companys a bad name, read what ur getting ur self into first!
Well lets not be "rude" to the people who pay your salary. Shall we be honest and say that it is you ******** insurance companies and extended warranty companies that should write policies, in a format that people can understand. I don't normally have a "fit" about posts, but when it comes to attacks on people that buy your products and then you big multi million dollar profit companies don't come to the party to repair warranty items - that really pi$$es me off.
Bolle Window Tint - fitted by Tint a Car
PWR Heat Exchanger, PWR Auto Transmission Oil Cooler - No milkshakes in this car.

After market DRL.
Custom fitted gauge holder with three gauges - Stav of Stingray Car Security.
elusiverunner is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post