Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 21-02-2007, 01:13 AM   #1
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Default Alarm Systems, which ones?

Im looking into gettin an alarm system very soon, for the safety of my car, just want to know what ones are the go for the falcons? and If iwere to get a remote start, should i be bypassing it? I know its hard but who can do it:S? (I know a ****a factor), but yeah alarm is main thing

3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 01:49 PM   #2
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Although mine's an EF it runs the Ford Factory Upgrade alarm - these were produced for Ford by Vision and is fully compatible with the Smartlock system.

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 02:07 PM   #3
LTDHO
The one and only

I'd normally not use the Smartlock system (which the Ford upgrade incorporates) as it is very east to get around.

A black wire alarm that covers the usual points will do.

Remote start is good for w@nk but bad for the car!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #4
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
I'd normally not use the Smartlock system (which the Ford upgrade incorporates) as it is very east to get around.

A black wire alarm that covers the usual points will do.

Remote start is good for w@nk but bad for the car!
I've got remote start in a car I just bought, and agree 100% that it's a ****!

Just out of curiosity though, why is it bad for the car?
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 02:29 PM   #5
LTDHO
The one and only

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
I've got remote start in a car I just bought, and agree 100% that it's a ****!

Just out of curiosity though, why is it bad for the car?
Starting a car and letting it idle to correct temp will cause the bores to glaze.
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 02:51 PM   #6
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

ive got remote start...had it for like 4 years.
its very good on those cold days.....cos my car is 500m from work so i start it when coming out of work and shes warm by the time i get there.

what sort of car u wanna put alarm in?

personally i prefer chinese imports rather than off the shelf products...reason is after market ones tend to be slighty more secure....because they are so different and you cant get access to wiring diagrams easily.

as for black wiring....dont panic....all black wiring means is that all wires are the same colour...you could use pink or green or yellow...as long as each wire is identical...however i would recommend a colour that is very close to your factory wiring colour. that way crims dont see its an alarm.

ltdho - theres no difference between starting a car wid a key and starting with alarm.
the alarm integrates into all wiring from key...it turns on all circuits including heater.
could you please explain the bores galze part

i use a mannix kit....it includes a ignition imobiliser, shock sensor, bonnet sensor and all the normal things like self arming....and self locking (for the ladies) (protects them late at night....they get in shut door and stamp on break and all doors lock while they put key into barrel to start car)

it also has remote monitoring up to 1km....now they are up to 2km

hope this helps
brad

Blue Power Airbox, Sunroof, Typhoon Wheels, Brembos, Prem Sound, Momo Chunky Wheel, Genuine FPV Gauge Holder, Whiteline Swaybars, Lowered, Tinted Windows, 60lb Injectors, Plazmaman Cooler, Hot Side & Under Battery Pipes, 4" Dump & Cat, Process West Surge Tank & Bosch 044, Turbo Inline Oil Filter
BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 02:55 PM   #7
Gohan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

dont aftermarket alarms interfer with the "Dumblock"?
Gohan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 02:58 PM   #8
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

i have an EA s2....so no smartlock (dumblock)
that came in in the EBs if i remember correctly

brad

Blue Power Airbox, Sunroof, Typhoon Wheels, Brembos, Prem Sound, Momo Chunky Wheel, Genuine FPV Gauge Holder, Whiteline Swaybars, Lowered, Tinted Windows, 60lb Injectors, Plazmaman Cooler, Hot Side & Under Battery Pipes, 4" Dump & Cat, Process West Surge Tank & Bosch 044, Turbo Inline Oil Filter
BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #9
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTDHO
Starting a car and letting it idle to correct temp will cause the bores to glaze.
Ah yes of course! I thought you were going down the lines of butchered wiring etc!
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 12:00 AM   #10
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You can either go for an Upgrade alarm or an aftermarket alarm in the E-series Falcons. The Upgrade will integrate with the factory remote that you have now. They usually include black wiring, a 2 point immobiliser, door/boot/bonnet protection, shock sensor, battery back-up siren etc.

The aftermarket alarms generally tend to have a few more features and/or programming options. Personally I'd go for an insurance approved and Australian Standards approved aftermarket system. Depending on the model they will have 2-3 point immobiliser, black wiring, code hopping remotes, door/boot/bonnet protection, shock sensor, glass-break sensor, battery back-up siren etc. And they WILL work fine with Smartlock. You just discard your Ford remotes and use the new ones. Smartlock works off the key so it all stays functional.

Remote start is a **** feature and IMO is basically useless. You will get over it in no time. You will also need a Smartlock bypass module to be able to have remote start and they are a couple of hundred bucks alone.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 01:03 PM   #11
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

brad, what type of alarm do you have? and how much? yeah i know...**** factor but i still want it , I've got an ED Falcon 94 and it has smartlock:S, so what would i be looking at for alarm and i have to buy a bypasser kit????
3:4:5 LSD diff
JMM Extractors
2.5" Stainless Steel highflow cat
2.5" Exhaust
T5 transmission
Front Slotted rotors
Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryders
....and a cherry scented airfreshner

Speed determines how fast you hit the Traffic Light....Power determines how far you take it with you.
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 01:52 PM   #12
Sick EB
ORSM Ford Cruisers

if i can ask what is smartlock. i know it has got to do with the locking of your car but how does it work. does it not start if the wrong key is put in. i know it is a stupid question but people ask me and i say- it has something to do with the locking.

1993 EB2 Gli---->Build Thread
2008 FG XR8 SEDAN 300RWKW N/A

2008 FG XR6 TURBO-UTE>>> SOLD
2002 AU3 XLS UTE>>>SOLD
Sick EB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-02-2007, 11:03 PM   #13
sphell
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick EB
if i can ask what is smartlock. i know it has got to do with the locking of your car but how does it work. does it not start if the wrong key is put in. i know it is a stupid question but people ask me and i say- it has something to do with the locking.

Yeah it's an immobiliser that doesn't let your car start if someone tries to hotwire it.
sphell is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post