Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Old 20-02-2007, 01:03 PM   #1
Terror6X
Formerly eawags

Default Willowbank question for tomorrow night :)

Tomorrow i will be going to the drags for the first time.

My main question is can i go around the water and not do a burn out?

Any other tips?

I have 10L spare fuel.
Tyre gauge
Helmet
Right clothes

Anything else?

Pete

Terror6X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 20-02-2007, 01:07 PM   #2
PDIDDY
Victory is Mine

Yes you can. I did on my 1st time, and it didn't worry me. Street tyres should have enough grip without doing a burnout.
Old 20-02-2007, 04:20 PM   #3
The Monty
Just slidin'

I drove around for my first seven runs on Saturday night, but on the eigth run, decided to fry them for good luck. It is really slippery in the wet area, but once you hit the dry stuff, its really grippy.

I was stalling to the max I could without breaking traction (in an auto), and when I let go of the brake, it just gripped and went.

I also ran stock pressures, I didnt see the point in dropping them if I wasnt having traction problems.

The only other things I would take is a camera and a bit of water, as you get really dry being all dressed up with the helmet on.

And of course good luck, you should come out with us when we go next time, just keep an eye in the queensland events section.

Josh
Old 21-02-2007, 01:32 PM   #4
Terror6X
Formerly eawags

Hope the rain stays off.

Thanks for that info Josh.

Just had the timing advance to 20deg. Seems to feel a quicker down low.
Terror6X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-02-2007, 11:51 PM   #5
TruBlu351
3 Pedals R Better Than 2

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has given endless help in the cleveland section over the years. Knows his stuff and happily tests on the track and gives no fuss results. 

Good luck mate!!

Yeah, street tyres don't really bennefit from warming burnouts. What ever you do, don't spin your tyres.....this kills your et.

....and nail the accelerator as soon as you see the last yellow light!! This will get you leaving as soon as the green light comes on ;)

Have fun.

TruBlu351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post