Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 11-01-2007, 01:27 AM   #1
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

Default Fitting Subs and Amps

Hey all, I know custom boots have been mentioned to the shits, but i've searched everywhere and can't find what im looking for,
the two pictures are as rough as fish guts and sorry for the person whos car i used but its hte closest i could get, hope you dont mind...
I want to have 2 Type S Alpines in both corners of the boot facing on a 45 degree angle so that i can still fit my wakeboard through the ski hole, is this possible to do? how would i go about it? materials n cutting into shape, also isn't there a certain size volume and all a box needs to be effective?

I Hope you guys can help me out as this is my first car and install, thanks
- Ash

p.s the amps i want mounted onto the back seats so that ican pull em down when cruisin

Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-01-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

yes you could do it.
14-16mm MDF is your poison
you could screw them into body work as its all metal under parcel shelf
as for box size......its the most important things off all....you can have the best subs in the world but if the box isnt right, youll end up wid $20 super cheap auto subs.
from the rough pics you have shown, the resulting sound will be very poor. ill assume they are 10" subs?
if so box size would need to be 3 times what you have shown
if 12" i would say 4 times the size
if 15" i would say 8 times the size

basicly, even if you do a narrow full height & depth sub box so you can still get your wakeboard down the middle you wont end up with a very good sub sound. itll be punchy to the max. in fact it will prob draw too much power from the amps before you would get any sound. the box would rip appart probably.
you may have to do a different design. maybe a completly removable full size sub box that wing nuts to the floor so you can remove when wake boarding.

just a thought
bradman

Blue Power Airbox, Sunroof, Typhoon Wheels, Brembos, Prem Sound, Momo Chunky Wheel, Genuine FPV Gauge Holder, Whiteline Swaybars, Lowered, Tinted Windows, 60lb Injectors, Plazmaman Cooler, Hot Side & Under Battery Pipes, 4" Dump & Cat, Process West Surge Tank & Bosch 044, Turbo Inline Oil Filter
BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-01-2007, 03:02 PM   #3
Hybrid34
|AFordEd|

thanks heaps for taking the time to write that, i'll have to figure somthing out as i don't want to loose bass, I just thought i'd look good withe either sub facing outwards on a angle, as well as puttin the wakeboard in...Killing to birds with one stone i guess doesn't apply in this case
Hybrid34 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-01-2007, 10:43 PM   #4
ROOSTA
DFDFDF

hey,

Wat sort of dimensions is a wake board.. i just did a custom box for a guys vx commodore which had a 300 x 200 slot in it so he could fit his water ski's through the bodgey commo ski port..

I reckon in a falcon you could stretch it to 650 x 250 and still have room for 2 12"s either side in custom fibreglass enclosures.. i can prob make up some sketches and scan them up if ya want.. I could also make it for a price..

Cheers,
Nik
ROOSTA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post