Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 11-12-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
Gear

Default XR5 @ QR Sprints

some incar video of my XR5 going around QR at the 9th Dec sprints.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9h12a1xIz8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_JxgxsPaBk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWbVSlKRhSk

I've gotten the car down to a 64.57sec, next year i'm going all out with slicks and mods

Jeff

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SAS_QR_9th_Dec_06_200.jpg (21.7 KB, 52 views)
Gear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 03:58 PM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

hey Gear. hows the XR5 going..... good by the looks of it...

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 06:21 PM   #3
Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
hey Gear. hows the XR5 going..... good by the looks of it...

still loving it ;)
Old 12-12-2006, 10:47 AM   #4
photn
AFF Post NAZI

kool...well i hope you enjoy it.......

Hey does any1 know what the sale life expenctancy of the LS focus is.....and if the next model is brought in will they immediately release the new XR5T?

Old 12-12-2006, 11:11 AM   #5
Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
kool...well i hope you enjoy it.......

Hey does any1 know what the sale life expenctancy of the LS focus is.....and if the next model is brought in will they immediately release the new XR5T?

wasn't the last model(shape) around for 8 years?
Old 12-12-2006, 11:45 AM   #6
photn
AFF Post NAZI

lol the LR was not around for 8 years unfortunately. i know its normally about a 5 year run for a series/model........i know zetec will know.... lol...whenever he pops in ..........

EDIT: seems i may have been mistaken on one part.. the LR was not around for 8 years in AUST but was released in 1998-1999 and finnished in 2005. wow. thats long... and the LS has onlly been out for like 1 year so far. wow this is good. we already got the ST within the YEar....

Last edited by photn; 12-12-2006 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:54 PM   #7
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Mk I Focus was released in Europe in 1998, Mk 1.5 in 2002 - which came to Oz in September 2002 and was called the LR Focus in Australia.

Mk II Focus was released in Europe at the end of 2005, which came to Oz and was called the LS. So we only ever received the Mk 1.5 Focus from just after launch and never saw (thankfully) the Mk I which just wasn't as pretty, it had black plastic around the lower parts and the bumpers weren't as tidy.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #8
Lagom

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Mk II Focus was released in Europe at the end of 2005, which came to Oz and was called the LS.
Went on sale in Europe in January 2005, Australia got it in June 2005. Not too bad lag wise.
Lagom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 03:24 PM   #9
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Congrats Jeff,

That time indicates the XR5 Turbo certainly isn't "hanging around". As a comparison I looked at BEST Racing's times they did in their ST170 Production Car during the CAMS National Racing Series meeting up there last September and the Natsoft website said their Best (pardon the pun) time in Qualifying was a 1.33.7 and in Race 3 their fastest lap was 1.32.08.

BTW is the circuit reconfigured for your time that you put down? Or is it the same circuit used for all competition?

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-12-2006, 03:40 PM   #10
Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Eddie
Congrats Jeff,

That time indicates the XR5 Turbo certainly isn't "hanging around". As a comparison I looked at BEST Racing's times they did in their ST170 Production Car during the CAMS National Racing Series meeting up there last September and the Natsoft website said their Best (pardon the pun) time in Qualifying was a 1.33.7 and in Race 3 their fastest lap was 1.32.08.

BTW is the circuit reconfigured for your time that you put down? Or is it the same circuit used for all competition?

That looks more like a NATIONAL circuit time. On the Sat we run the SPRINT circuit.

on the Natsoft website under the topgear meets you should see times othr cars are doing on the sprint track.

also on www.queenslandraceway.com.au are the results from this year.

Jeff
Old 14-12-2006, 04:24 PM   #11
Fast Eddie
Motorsport Guru

Thanks Jeff. I'll check out this info. Pardon my ignorance but I've yet to get up to Q.R. so wasn't aware that they reconfigure the Circuit. But I have it pencilled in for next year's CAMS National Racing Series where, hopefully, BEST Racing will be entered once again.

Exterior Enhancements: ST170 Wheels, Richbrook Shorty Aerial, Euro-Spec Hatch Handle.

Performance Enhancements: Ate Callipers/EBC Rotors/EBC Greens Stuff Pads, ST170 Suspension, Herrod's Custom Tune, Ford Racing Coated Exhaust Manifold & Bespoke 2.25in Exhaust.

Awards: AFD '07 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '09 EFOC Best Focus, SFS '10 RSOC O/all Best Focus, AFD '10 CFC O/all Best Focus.
Fast Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post