Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-12-2006, 06:48 PM   #1
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Default Time to Vent!

Whats with drivers???? 4 times in the last 6 weeks i have had to take evasive action to stop an accident from happening! Each time i have been on the road following the rules 100% and it's been the other persons fault. What annoys me is the blatant disregard or aknowledgement when another driver is in the wrong......

Here are a few that have happened....

One lady decided to just drive straight of the driveway and onto a rd thats got a limit of 60km/h. She didnt bother looking, just casually drove out as if the road was empty. I slam the brakes and screech to about 30cm of hitting her. She just popped it in reverse and went back in....

This happened twice, the second time was a car driving out of maccas, i braked and hit the horn. The driver just stuck his finger up and yelled abuse at me. He had a car full of mates that had the look of death in their eyes so i left that one alone.....

Driving at 80km/h in the right lane, the (will not mention race) lady just decided to change lanes. no one was in front or behind either or us, she just decided she wanted to be in my lane. I was in her blind spot. She slowly drifts across the lines and i brake and slam the horn. Do you think she swerved back?? course not. she finished off the transaction and didnt even consider that she almost pushed me into the wall. I took it up with her at the lights..... she decided to abuse me back in god knows what language...

Today is what tipped me over the edge. 3 lanes, 60km/h. left lane MUST turn left, after the intersection the left lane no longer exists. im in middle lane. the lady in the left lane just drives straight through the intersection and assumes her lane automatically becomes my lane. again i swerve to avoid hitting her. She just keeps on driving with not even a sorry wave...

Whats with people??? i have an urge to buy a 1970 something tank for 500 bucks and just not giv a toss for other peoples crap driving.... that way next time this shit happens i just do what im legally allowd to do and let them face the consequences. Childish i know.......

Anyone got an old kingswood or F250 with heaps of rust and 12 months rego?? Bull Bar off a Mack truck would be great as well...

Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2006, 07:05 PM   #2
Mitch_

haha i'd just start not giving a toss! some old lady decided that she had right of way for the round about i was driving arround! $2500 later i think she's learnt her lesson! although i still need my rim repaired and a new loom for the front of the car
Mitch_ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-12-2006, 09:55 PM   #3
Sapper
Back to the AU

I've been getting frustrated with traffic lately and the best solution for me has been to get away from it completely. I do everything I can to get to the front of the queue at the lights and out in the open without anyone else around. If there are no cars around you, there's no one to have an accident with.

Another good trick is buying a late model XR6/8 that looks stock and get a job where you wear a light blue collared shirt. People tend to leave you alone then.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:11 PM   #4
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

come an live in adelaide where courtesy is contagious
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2006, 04:12 PM   #5
Mechan1k
Donating Member1

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Brings a wealth of knowledge to the forums and is frequently giving helpful advice. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with technical information. 

I live in Sydney traffic .. you have to drive for all the other's around you.

There's another thread in here about similar issues we have all faced recently ... is getting quite large as well.
Mechan1k is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2006, 04:23 PM   #6
Kryton

ive been noticing the poorer driving skills lately as well.
im at the point now where im just simply not going to stop if someone pulls out in front of me or does something stupid. (if im not at fault).
car is insured to the hilt and if its written off i should walk away with 10k in my pocket and the car paid off.
not hard to have a car written off if all 4 airbags go off.
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2006, 04:49 PM   #7
GTS_300_Coupe
Mandy Moore FTW!

The car horn is your friend. Use it.
I do, very often at people who do not follow the road rules.

I even go as far sometimes to swerve at and yell abuse and other motorists that cut me off or almost cause me to crash.
Try it sometime, you will feel alot better and maybe they will learn next time not to endanger your car or even your life in the worst case scenario.
GTS_300_Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2006, 09:40 PM   #8
chich
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hear you mate - I've had to take evasive action to avoid an accident many times before. In Melbourne the biggest problem we have is Taxi drivers that think they own the road.. they stop in the middle of the road to pick up passengers, complete U-turns in rediculous places, cut you off etc etc.

Easy solution, buy yourself a piece of crap and call peoples bluff. We have a slapper Corolla that we use as a shopping trolley and believe me not even taxi drivers dare cut me off or try squeeze into my lane. I had one guy that was being an absolute a**hole.. he backed off when i knocked his mirror off with my mirror
chich is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-12-2006, 10:34 PM   #9
WRP11
NF Fairlane ghia

I totally love this idea of buying a shit box and standing my ground... I think its a goér, I'm so sick of saying to myself... man I wish I had just slammed into their door and taught them a lesson, Im going to do this, I know its extreme, but I get sick of other people expecting me to slam the brakes on or whatever, and they don't even give the ... geeees im sorry wave, nothin... bring on the shit box lol
WRP11 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 01:16 PM   #10
PoMmYwOG

I was coming home from city on friday night and on the M5 just after the toll gates, im doing 100km/h, this truck decides just to pull out in front of me at like 60k's to over take this car, i slammed the brakes and swerved(how much i love the brakes in the XR6 compared to my holden!) and the guy kept going in my lane then when i over took him(he sat on 80 in 110 zone) he was going off at me when i went past. I dnt understand sum ppl. If i am in the wrong i would be apologetic. I would have thought u would see a red car with all lights on if u looked behind u!

After picking the car up from dealer last week, this woman was waiting to turn left onto the road i was on(80k zone), heres the stupid part she saw me coming, she looked me in the eye, i had no other cars behind me, and she proceeded to pull out in front of me?? seriously wtf? Why cant u wait for 1 car to pass with a clear road behind ??? Then when i slammed the horn she just looked at me like what did i do rong?

It sux being on p's too, cos even if im doing the speed limit sumwhere i will allways have sumbody tailgating then as soon as they get the chance they fly past and slow down to lower then the speed limit infront of me , then when i overtake going the speed limit the shake their heads or say *** p plater... cant wait to get off my p's!!!

06' Mazda SP23
5spd auto
Luxury pack
PoMmYwOG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 01:31 PM   #11
frost
Banned

Nothing as bad as almost getting all the way around the roundabout then someone pulling out in front of you.
frost is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 02:10 PM   #12
gozza

Repost
gozza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 02:26 PM   #13
LTDHO
The one and only

A friend of mine was almost killed twice within one week. Both times the other car didn't stop at a red light.

People don't care on the roads anymore, and as long as you're not speeding or hooning, then you will not get done!
Other cars include Dynamic ED Sprint, Dynamic DL LTD, Sparkling Burgundy DL LTD, Yellow, Red & Blue XB sedan & Black XB Coupe
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 03:02 PM   #14
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Turning right at the lights at one of those duel-tuning lanes.

I am in the Left lane and some guy in a old merc is in the right, as we are turning right he decides he wants to be in my lane, he is level with me at this point coming out of the turn and just starts to move over into my lane no indication nothing

I just kept my line thinking he can’t be for real, this tosser doesn’t seriously want to play chicken with me, I was in a 2ton 4WD that’s green and silver, bull bar, 2way aerials and all that stuff so not exactly a inconspicuous vehicle.

Anyway he just about makes contact with the side of my car before I am like WTF and am forced to mount one of those big nasty **** Curbs at 40km/h to avoid him hitting me. As I mount the curb witch compresses a 31-inch tyre enough for the curb to hit my rim he continues to merge and drive off as if nothing happened. :

Another good one, I was in a duel lane round about half way throe when a guy in a Commodore next to me accelerates then with no Indication swerves from the inside lane to the outside lane clipping my bull bar, which dented the side of his car and demolished his rear bumper. Damage to me A few light scratchers on one of my flairs and scrape marks on the side of my Bull bar.

I hit quickly the brakes and pulled up thinking WTF is this guy on. Then this guy gets out of his car and tries to blame me saying I Hit him. :
I am like Buddy WTF are you talking about I got a car load of people who just witnessed you side swipe me.

I Love it, LOL
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 03:33 PM   #15
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

This is what happens whan i crazed fool drives on their right hand side of a 2 lane road in a car park takes a 90 degree corner while speeding......

They smashed into me as im aproaching the same corner in the left lane..... no time to swerve, was just an instant and they were all over me....

I get out of the car and calmly ask for their insurance papers....

Their reply "Papers??? insurance??? what do you mean??? " in a "Me no english" kinda accent.....

Who they think their kidding???? i just said stay right where you are as im calling the police.... mum lives around the corner from where this happened so she came around and parked em in as their car was still drivable...

The towie was there in 5 minutes, the coppers were there in 4 hours however i wanted to make sure they got done for neg driving (and they did) The towie kept hassling me to just take it up with the coppers later... BS i didnt want these fools driving off and getting away with it on a technicallity in my statment....

Note the P plate...... And the dumb *** looks on their faces when i was walking around with my digital camera taking pics of every angle lol

The Festiva looks pretty bad as they hit me square in the middle of the bumper with the corner of their car.

Wasn't there a post on the reasons behind high insurance on a Lancer recently?? these fools helped that happen....

Damn Fools......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 03:34 PM   #16
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
Whats with drivers???? 4 times in the last 6 weeks i have had to take evasive action to stop an accident from happening! .
If only there were more of you out there mate!!! Sleep easy at night knowing you're not a part of the problem... the best one can hope for lol.
Old 11-12-2006, 03:35 PM   #17
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I think I know the guy driving, but it could be one of a number of my ex-students, lol.
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-12-2006, 03:47 PM   #18
Green X
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

“I get out of the car and calmly ask for their insurance papers....

Their reply "Papers??? insurance??? what do you mean??? " in a "Me no english" kinda accent.....”

That’s when you calmly walk to the Boot and Pull out a Sledge hammer and say No worries, will get it sorted out latter on but I am going to need some collateral which one, Left leg or right leg

LOL
Green X is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post