Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-11-2006, 11:12 PM   #1
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ebay member messaged me & asked me2?

Hi Guys

I have only used ebay a couple times to buy & sell. I just got an email from a member who asked me "what is the buy now price if I end the auction early etc" I went to respond by email saying "Assuming this is ok with ebay. I will follow this up if you like? The buy now price would be"
Tried to send this with no joy. Why cant I reply to him?

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 11:18 PM   #2
mattp
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just go to the 'Respond now' button in the actual message, which you can access through your message within 'My eBay'.
mattp is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 11:20 PM   #3
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattp
Just go to the 'Respond now' button in the actual message, which you can access through your message within 'My eBay'.
Thanks for that. Should have mentioned in my post that I did go to "Respond now" button in the actual message.

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Old 14-11-2006, 11:46 PM   #4
fmc351
let it burn

Click on the user name, then click contact user.

Ebay dont smile at selling it outside ebay if the contact came from within ebay. But they dont care when someone rips you off either. So I dont really care, just mentioning it to you.

i think you can add a buy it now price anyway

Dont send anything until cash is in your account, or hot little hands. Cheques and the like arent cash. I said cash.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 11:50 PM   #5
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmc351
Click on the user name, then click contact user.

Ebay dont smile at selling it outside ebay if the contact came from within ebay. But they dont care when someone rips you off either. So I dont really care, just mentioning it to you.

i think you can add a buy it now price anyway

Dont send anything until cash is in your account, or hot little hands. Cheques and the like arent cash. I said cash.
Thanks for the heads up mate. :king:

But I tried that & it lets me contact him & then when I go to send msg im asked to enter a verification code I do & this msg appears.

My Messages: Contact Member

Attention!
We have determined you are trying to contact an eBay member with whom you are not currently involved in an open transaction. For the protection of the eBay community, we sometimes block these types of communication. To prevent this occurrence from happening in the future, we recommend the following:

If you are a seller, respond to all bidder questions before the auction ends.

If you are trying to contact the seller of an item that has not yet ended go to the item page and click the “Ask seller a question” link.

If you are the winning buyer of an item go to your My eBay page under the items I’ve Won section. Click the action drop down menu and choose the “contact seller” action.

If you are a seller trying to contact your wining buyer, go to My eBay and under the Items I’ve Sold section, click the action drop down menu. Choose the “contact buyer” action.

Reply to seller/bidder through personal email provider (if the sender has not hidden their email address).

Thank you for your understanding.

Quote:
Old 15-11-2006, 12:16 AM   #6
fmc351
let it burn

Seems they got wise to contacting members cold.

Im surprised you cant even respond to their messages though? How do you answer their questions?
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 01:19 AM   #7
huggiebear
Mr. Multiple Projects

i have a feeling that this ebayer has been reported and have stopped people contacting him. post your number in the add so people can call you about deals ect.

also put on ALL of your add's "item listed elsewhere and i reserve the right to end the auction early" that way if you end it you can say you sold the item privately to a friend or on a forum. saves your ****.

id contact ebay through the help section in regards to you not being able to reply.
2004 Forester Turbo
2006 Corolla Wagon BLAAAAAAACK
huggiebear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #8
StorminaTcup

If this person has been reported & ebay have delisted them, then this will show against their user name. Do not recommend that you put your contact number on for all to see.
It sound like they a trying to find out the minimum you will take. Something is not sounding quite right with all this.
StorminaTcup is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 11:47 PM   #9
XD 351 Ute
Excessive Fuel Ingestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreHPformyXR6
Hi Guys

I have only used ebay a couple times to buy & sell. I just got an email from a member who asked me "what is the buy now price if I end the auction early etc" I went to respond by email saying "Assuming this is ok with ebay. I will follow this up if you like? The buy now price would be"
Not sure on the mail thing, but there must be a way to let the prospective buyer know what the price is.
I've never sold on E-Bay, only bought stuff, but if I was going to sell, I'd list a buy it now price at what I'd want for an item. You can (should) be able to get into your auction & add some detail stating what you lowest price is, but I wouldn't sell outside of E-Bay. As others have said, you may well get burnt...... Hope this makes sense!

Ed
XD 351 Ute is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-11-2006, 11:48 PM   #10
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDXR8CHICK
If this person has been reported & ebay have delisted them, then this will show against their user name. Do not recommend that you put your contact number on for all to see.
It sound like they a trying to find out the minimum you will take. Something is not sounding quite right with all this.
Exactly what I was thinking sounds like they are trying to find the minimum I would take. I agree im not putting my contact number for all to see. However I just sent the member an email responding to there question. (As ebay sent his email to me I just clicked reply it means he has my email address but thats fine by me). I did name a BUY NOW price in my email on the previso that it was ok by ebay. The buy now price was above the minimum I would take so ive got him covered (if he was trying to suss out my minimum I would take b4 placing a bid)

Quote:
Old 15-11-2006, 11:52 PM   #11
LG
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Are you sure, your getting taking to an ebay login site? It could be all fake, and they now have your login details, if you did login. And the message is setup, to make it look like it's real....
Old 16-11-2006, 02:14 AM   #12
jonk

The ebay mail sending verification is pretty random, it's blocked mail I've tried to send to legit' buyer's many times before in the past.
jonk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 09:45 AM   #13
OLDFORDNUT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

by the way what is it your selling?
OLDFORDNUT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 09:46 AM   #14
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

It's against the terms and conditions to be cutting deals outside of the auction. Lol, that goes for any auction by the by, its not how they work. I think the closest you could get would be to relist the item with a buy-it-now price.

Worst case scenario is that if the deal goes bad, ebay are going to be less interested than usual in helping you out.

+1 vote for playing by the rules here
Old 16-11-2006, 09:52 AM   #15
FPV329
Workin' for the BOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreHPformyXR6
Hi Guys

I would say that you can't reply because this is spoof email that once you click reply installs a keylogger to get personal information like internet banking logon info etc. There is a lot of this going on. I think you better virus scan real soon, also try spybot search and destroy it's free and good and adaware is also free and good.
FPV329 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-11-2006, 07:49 PM   #16
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholas
by the way what is it your selling?
A (new) Nokia Bluetooth headset

Quote:
Old 17-11-2006, 08:53 PM   #17
A300srt8

ITS A SCAM

They get your details when you log in your not logging into ebay you are logging on to there web site
A300srt8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post