Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-11-2006, 08:42 AM   #1
ea_boss_05

Default Attention All Dirt Bike Riders - Vic

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
COUNTRY RALLY AGAINST BRACKS AND THE GREENS ..

Media Release

Nov 13, 2006 ..

Five hundred horses supporting the Mountain cattlemen, and at least a hundred tractors will protest in the streets of Melbourne on Monday 20th November as grassroots country groups accuse the Bracks Government of being out of touch with country Victoria and bending to the influence of the Greens preferences.
The protest is being coordinated by the lobby group Push for the Bush which has been involved in a series of rolling protests across country Victoria over recent weeks.
Co-ordinator of the protest, Bob Richardson said today that “The protest rally is going to warn Melbourne people that while the Greens appear plausible on the surface, their claims on the environment will close down environmentally sustainable utilization of natural resources. Even more concerning, the Greens have a hidden agenda which if implemented will affect the social and economic wellbeing of every Victorian”.

A significant recent development is that irrigators from Northern Victoria and people angry about the closure of Lake Mokoan (near Benalla) have decided to join with the Mountain Cattlemen to make their point.

There have been several recent protests in Northern Victoria by people opposed to Victorian government plans to drain Lake Mokoan and having to pay for water they do not receive. Other protests around the state have focused on widespread concern at the gradual reduction of access to public land
Next Mondays protest will be joined by beekeepers, trailbike riders, 4wdrivers and thousands of marchers alienated because access to public land is being gradually closed down.

See our website for details

Push For The Bush
Push for the Bush is sponsored by the Mountain Cattlemen's association of Victoria. The protest is the latest action by supporters of the Mountain Cattlemen who are angry at the treatment of the Mountain Cattlemen and fearful for future access to public land because of the increasing influence of the greens.

Northern Victorian Irrigators Inc and Justice for the Broken Valley

The Northern Victorian Irrigators Inc and Justice for the Broken Valley are joining Push for the Bush to protest in Melbourne on the 20th of November.

Northern Victorian Irrigators Inc
Dudley Bryant
pushforthebush@bigpond.com
phone: 0428 641 124 Justice for the Broken Valley
David Rush
e-mail: rush@benalla.net.au
phone: 0427 682 461

the final logistics have been completed with the vic police.
the starting point will be at footscray road and appleton dock road on
monday the 20th.
trailers can be parked securely on site.
we will need riders at the site by 8am this is too ensure everybody is
aware of what is required and also enable the whole parade too move
off with a minimum of fuss.
there will be some catering on site.
we need as many bikes as possible to show that we are losing access
and also suport the other groups
the route is dudley street, latrobe street, russell street, bourke
street and parliament house.
placards, banners etc bring them along we can carry them to the rally site
question: when can you ride your trail bike in melbourne?
answer: NOVEMBER 20 PUSH FOR THE BUSH RALLY!!!
anybody not wanting to ride their bike and wants to be part of the
parade a walking group will leave from the bourke street mall..
please contact me and advise of your participation and be informed of
any changes

ea_boss_05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #2
XRQTR
TBA Customs

When are these organizers going to learn that weekday protests are a waste of time, I mean all they manage to do is disrupt traffice (especially down the route they have planned) at the worst possible times. Before you say that si the point to show how much it inconveniences people, let me tell you that most people don't really give a stuff and this only works to make them angry at you and join forces with the government on the issue. I used to ride trail bikes alot but haven't for about 5 years now and I know how much it sucks having changing rules as to when and where you can ride and what permits you need.

If the organizers had half a brain they would do these things on a Saturday or better still a Sunday, less traffic means less average citizens getting ****ed off at you for blocking major acess routes into the city. Also the numbers of participators would increase dramatically and go towards proving to the government just how much support something like this can muster.

Have the organizers actually thought that it's not that easy for us 'city folk' to be able to do these things without giving up a days work, not to mention with new IR laws this may well go against the rulings on protests, even though it's not IR related people would need to take the day off to attend.

The sooner organizers grow brain the sooner these things might actually have the desired impact. :
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 09:38 AM   #3
ea_boss_05

I couldn’t agree more, when I received the email I thought what are they doing putting it on a Monday. I know a lot of people that can’t get there because of work. I guess they assume that there will be more media attention to have it during the week.
ea_boss_05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post