Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-11-2005, 02:54 AM   #181
DOC
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falchoon
Maybe you could start off with a "virtual" store and start off selling via the internet for a few months until business grows. Much cheaper and easier to build an internet store rather than a bricks and mortar one!
Falchoon, a very good read, and i will put my hand up and say i also thought that what you have said was a cheaper option and to some degree it is, but after now a few months going down this road, i can say ( and so can my bank account ) that there are no shortcuts to getting a business up and running and even though it may appear cheaper to establish online it is not, if anything the challenges are greater, and before spending one red cent either online or in a store set-up, people must be sure they have plenty of funds, and a very clear vision of what it is they want to achieve.
DOC is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2006, 09:06 AM   #182
snortycorty

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_pete
oh man, theres some whingers on here.

roll with the punches i say, what do you expect from these teenage no nothings working at these stores....
Hey, I just read that and I hope that wasn't meant for everyone.
I've worked there since I was 16, (I'm now 19) and I'm damn good at what I do, and I work hard because working there I learn something new everyday. I can just imagine what sort of customer you'd be if you came into the store to see me or the other young kid working there.
snortycorty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 01:31 AM   #183
RegSpec
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Its not just parts stores that do themselves out of business by having a bad attitude either.
12mths ago I went shopping for my XR8 and walked into 4 different dealers one at Sutherland,one at Rockdale,one at Greenacre and one at Liverpool...
My requirements.... MK11 XR8 sedan, must be Shockwave,must be 6spd man,with less than 20000kms....basic stuff that I thought would not be that hard to find.
Sutherland... woman tries to hard to sell me a new one for only $50+ grand or whatever... told her I didnt want a new one cause I know I can get a demo for under 40 with only 10_15000ks on it but she still didnt get it an I ended up telling her Id changed my mind on a car just to stop the harrasment. :
Greenacre... tries to sell me white ones,purple ones, red ones and all autos..
: What part of SHOCKWAVE dont you understand,its only one of Fords most popular colours, and it must have THREE pedals allright :yeees:
Liverpool... OK... so when I drove into the dealers there it was close to knock off time and the guy just dismissed me out of hand,Youll never get one of them he says, not in that colour and manual, they just dont come in, what about this red auto one he says in a real smartass pommy type accent.
He then watched a 40000grand sale walk out the door....
I didnt need to be sold a car, I had made up my mind to buy one anyway,all I needed was to find the right car and give someone a cheque.. like it was a guaranteed sale!!! and they just didnt want to know. :gren:
Rockdale... wife and I walked in and honestly, the guy bent over backwards to help us, took him a few weeks to track one down but he didnt insult us by trying to sell us what we didnt want,even searched interstate and found it in Melbourne shipped it up for me and we couldnt be happier..
Now proud owners of Shockwave XR8,manual,park sensors,side airbags,prem sound and Sat nav. with 20000ks for $37000 drive away :eclipsee_
A week later I drove into the Liverpool dealer and asked for the sales manager pointed to my new pride and joy as I told him the story of how I had been treated several weeks before, of course he was all apologetic and so on but at the end of the day I reckon he pretty ****ed at one of his guys letting a guaranteed sale walk out the door.
All because of a bad attitude.
New ride....07' RSpec manual Typhoon in Winter White....factory sunroof, Premium sound, Process West intercooler, upsized tubing, valve springs, 1000cc injectors, Delphi intank pump,*modified turbo, 4" dump, 5" cat, dual 2 1/2" Xforce exhaust, Mal Wood Opt 5 clutch, Herrod shifter, Ozrace coilovers with adj. Whiteline bars, 6 spot Brembos,
Edit by Crescent Motorsport.....382rwkws @ 1150nms on E85....
RegSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 02:02 PM   #185
Scott

Geez Blue, if I had of known you were looking I know of a great White, Auto Navara Ute you could have bought for $55k.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-10-2006, 06:09 PM   #186
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBAXR8
Its not just parts stores that do themselves out of business by having a bad attitude either.
12mths ago I went shopping for my XR8 and walked into 4 different dealers one at Sutherland,one at Rockdale,one at Greenacre and one at Liverpool...
My requirements.... MK11 XR8 sedan, must be Shockwave,must be 6spd man,with less than 20000kms....basic stuff that I thought would not be that hard to find.
Sutherland... woman tries to hard to sell me a new one for only $50+ grand or whatever... told her I didnt want a new one cause I know I can get a demo for under 40 with only 10_15000ks on it but she still didnt get it an I ended up telling her Id changed my mind on a car just to stop the harrasment. :
Greenacre... tries to sell me white ones,purple ones, red ones and all autos..
: What part of SHOCKWAVE dont you understand,its only one of Fords most popular colours, and it must have THREE pedals allright :yeees:
Liverpool... OK... so when I drove into the dealers there it was close to knock off time and the guy just dismissed me out of hand,Youll never get one of them he says, not in that colour and manual, they just dont come in, what about this red auto one he says in a real smartass pommy type accent.
He then watched a 40000grand sale walk out the door....
I didnt need to be sold a car, I had made up my mind to buy one anyway,all I needed was to find the right car and give someone a cheque.. like it was a guaranteed sale!!! and they just didnt want to know. :gren:
Rockdale... wife and I walked in and honestly, the guy bent over backwards to help us, took him a few weeks to track one down but he didnt insult us by trying to sell us what we didnt want,even searched interstate and found it in Melbourne shipped it up for me and we couldnt be happier..
Now proud owners of Shockwave XR8,manual,park sensors,side airbags,prem sound and Sat nav. with 20000ks for $37000 drive away :eclipsee_
A week later I drove into the Liverpool dealer and asked for the sales manager pointed to my new pride and joy as I told him the story of how I had been treated several weeks before, of course he was all apologetic and so on but at the end of the day I reckon he pretty ****ed at one of his guys letting a guaranteed sale walk out the door.
All because of a bad attitude.
I wonder is the sales person at liverpool still works there glad you got wat u wanted, looks like you got more with the extras on ur car well done
- Twin 2.5" Stainless Exhaust
- Antz Turboside Intake
- CCForged Phatlux wheels
- Tuned by LS Tuning and Performance
DJM83 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post