Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 23-10-2006, 09:55 PM   #1
zetecboy

Default Parts (or lack of)

Has any come across the the hopeless situation of waiting for parts for their focus??

I have a LS Zetec and have had to wait, at times for a week, for parts to become available. The lastest, when they replaced the CV shaft the bearing didn't come with it, and therefore didn't completely fix the problem. They placed an order with Ford for these bearings only to be told (well this is what they are telling me) they are on backorder with no definite delivery date. My dealer has placed a request with other service departments for these bearings and if none are available they will take a new focus out of the yard and take the parts from it.

zetecboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 11:15 PM   #2
mitch_lx
Candy White GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetecboy
if none are available they will take a new focus out of the yard and take the parts from it.

I find that absolutely digusting.

Good on them for wanting to help you, but i would be soo ****ed off to think that if i bought a new focus it might have had parts taken out of it to fix another focus.

That should flat out not be allowed.
Candy White, Anthracite heated Sports leather seats w/ Red stitching.Tinted Windows, Eibach Pro-Kit springs,Whiteline Front/Rear adjustable sway bars,Cupra R intake, Forge Turbo Inlet pipe,BMC panel filter, APR stage one flash,
Dunlop SP sport MAXX, Forge Polished upper front strut brace. 3'' downpipe and highflow cat

Loads of fun :
mitch_lx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 11:27 PM   #3
pertuan
Focus on my Focus

Agree with you there mitch. They shouldnt rabbit parts from a brand new Focus to fix another Focus. Unless of course they intend to use that Focus as a parts only vehicle and it will never be delivered to a customer. But we all know that won't be happening.

I would hate to think that the brand new Focus I'd just handed over 26k for had parts removed from it. Simply disgusting.

Now normally when we have these races, Jeremy goes in the car and says "Powerrr" alot.... - James speaking about Jeremy (Top Gear S7 E05)

American parts... Russian parts... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN! - Russian guy in Armegeddon
pertuan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2006, 11:35 PM   #4
Marshy79

Wait till they start swapping used oil filters and air filters when they service the car!

Haha... screw that for a thought
Marshy79 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 12:47 PM   #5
BlackLS

They almost definatly won't have the parts at the dealer, they'll need to be brought from Melbourne warehouse. If they aren't there expect at least a 6 week wait for it to come from SA/Germany
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 01:39 PM   #6
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Jeez i didnt realise that there are so many things wrong with the Focus....was it like this for the other model...i dont understand the fiesta wasnt built this bad... there are actually really nothing wrong with the fiestas....could SA build quility be that bad.....i wonder how hard it would be to get a germany plant..????

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 02:56 PM   #7
FRA
Mr Focus

There are more problems with the Focus then there is with windows xp...hahaha.
Ford Australia should build the Focus here for Australian conditions.
It's only a matter of time before the XR5 start to have same the problems.
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 04:04 PM   #8
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

mmmmmm Build it here or in Germany, and see the prices shoot through the roof!
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 04:46 PM   #9
Marshy79

FRA.... there are teething problems with the XR5's.

Mainly that under the doors were not being painted.
Looks like the current batch of cars have paint under the doors though.
apart form that... the euro guys have had te cars longer... and they are reporting various rattles and what not.

I'll be reserving judgement till stuff happens here in Aus though. Mine makes a weird rattle noise under acceleration sometimes.
Old 24-10-2006, 05:14 PM   #10
FRA
Mr Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshy79
FRA.... there are teething problems with the XR5's.
I didn't know there was any.
So is Ford going to fix the problem for you?
For the people who have to wait until next year on their back order, I would be backing out of this deal before it's too late.
I have seen the XR5 and the inside of it was crap, the only thing that entices me about the XR5 is the colour choice and the stock turbo.

In a perfect world, there should be no problems when buying a new car.
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 08:49 PM   #11
Marshy79

Ummm.... Ford has fixed the issue i had with the car.
No need to jump to crazy conclusions.
I had a weird rattle when booting it sometimes... have not had that for ages since I got Ford to look at it.

I was missing paint under my doors. They have been resprayed... and the new batches of XR5's seem to be painted now.

More so there have been more issues for the people in Euroland.
Old 24-10-2006, 11:05 PM   #12
zetecboy

Well, I got the car back this afternoon having been without it since Friday (they gave me a loan car but it doesn't replace my baby). It is now officially fixed.

They were able to secure the parts from another dealer who got them to them at 1pm today, fitted and then road tested. Speaking of the road test, because I complained they didn't road test the car adequately last time which meant the problem was still there, they road tested the car with 3 different drivers who were all satisfied the problem was fixed. I hopped in and gave it a "thrash" (not quite but it was slightly spirited) down the back road behind Ford and sure enough my baby has been cured.

Still doesn't explain the lack of parts and the wait for them though.

Only problem is it will be back there in around a week for its 30k service.
zetecboy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-10-2006, 11:08 PM   #13
Uni

should've just had them do it at the same time.. save you the trouble and hassle

oh well, next time :

Uni/.
Uni is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post