Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Old 24-05-2006, 07:07 PM   #1
anonymous1234
from melbourne

Default Should i get lubemobile?

hello, i recently bought a used car, futura 99' with really high kilometres, its service logs says it hasnt been serviced for 50,000 kilometres, last service back in 04'. I cant drive for another couple of months so i was wondering should i get this for the car ?http://www.lubemobile.com.au/bb/175-...te-Service.php
i checked the battery and the oil, they both need replacing.. just wondering since the car hasnt had a log book service since 04', should i go ahead and get a $450 service on the car, because i want to keep the car for many more years.

anonymous1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 11:34 PM   #2
GK
Walking with God

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymous1234
hello, i recently bought a used car, futura 99' with really high kilometres, its service logs says it hasnt been serviced for 50,000 kilometres, last service back in 04'. I cant drive for another couple of months so i was wondering should i get this for the car ?http://www.lubemobile.com.au/bb/175-...te-Service.php
i checked the battery and the oil, they both need replacing.. just wondering since the car hasnt had a log book service since 04', should i go ahead and get a $450 service on the car, because i want to keep the car for many more years.
How many kays has it done? If you want to spend that sort of money go on ahead, imagine how much a Ford dealer would charge you for half that.

If you've got the money go ahead! At least you get a full report.

GK

2015 Kia Sorento Platinum - Snow White Pearl

2001 Ducati Monster 900Sie - Red

Now gone!
1999 AU1 Futura Wagon - Sparkling Burgundy
On LPG

Want a Full Life? John 10:10
GK is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-05-2006, 11:45 PM   #3
GTPete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I dont think you can beat a reputable workshop. A hoist provides much better access to your car. For a basic service I think an onsite mechanic is fine but for major service like your describing Id be using a licenced workshop.
GTPete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 12:02 AM   #4
Stav
Smile

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always ready to help others over the years on AFF with advice and tips along the way 

Why dont you do it yourself ? Oil and filter $50-70. Battery around 100 dollars. At least you know what is being done.If you dont feel comfortable doing it yourself Id agree that its probably better to take to a reputable workshop.

Single din radio fascias for fg to fgx fords Australia wide .

FG 1 2 and 3 gauge holder in stock now! https://stingraycar.com.au/shop/
Site Sponsor See Sponsor Stingray Car Security 😍👌✌

AU wagon 6 14.241@96.75 1/4 mile sold.Octane fg xr6 turbo!! 12.312 112.21 mph home tune f6 injectors gone ..now in nitro fgxr6t ready to go again
Stav is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 03:21 AM   #5
anonymous1234
from melbourne

okay i reckon you guys are right, ill get someone to drive it over to ultratune instead and get them to do a complete service on the car.
Old 25-05-2006, 03:56 AM   #6
Black XR6
Formerly Black EX-R6

why not post the area your in and get someone to recommend a mechanic they use and trust.

Stinking, mongrel, dog.
Black XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 11:18 AM   #7
howesy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't do it stay away from Lube Mobile. I got them to come and do a simple job. Replace the wheel bearing hub. It involves removing wheel, 2 bolts to remove brake caliper, undo hub retaining nut and remove hub assembly. All parts were supplied by me and because he didn't have a puller (not my fault) the job took 1.5hrs start to finish. I was then charged over $200 incl gst for labour. Roughly $130 an hour. I complained to the office who asked me to send the invoice which I did and never heard from them again.
The moral is always get a firm qoute preferably in writing before a job and never use robbing bastards ever again once you identify them.
Don't do it avoid them like the plague.
howesy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 01:53 PM   #8
anonymous1234
from melbourne

im located in ringwood
Old 25-05-2006, 02:32 PM   #9
Morpheus
Take the blue pill...

i used them once and i will never use them again. they charge like wounded bulls and the bloke tried to quote me a price then charge me the gst extra. he didnt do a good job either!
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 02:36 PM   #10
XR6-VCT-2000
Fantastic Plastic

as the old saying goes , 'You get what ya pay for' , and in this case - after they drive out to you and use their fuel getting there, and with fuel prices the way they are , then your lucky if the quote will cover the fuel price for them ! - little lone the job too ! ..lol

:eclipsee_
XR6-VCT-2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post