Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 26-03-2006, 04:09 PM   #1
MADED-6
MADED.6

Default chiptorque chip

i am just wondering those ppl that have brought a chiptorque chip if they have had to get them reprogramed and where did they get them done i really want to get one but am unsure as i dont no where i can get this done and if it will add much power and how it will be on fue. anyway any help would be much appreciated. cheers josh.

MADED-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 05:24 PM   #2
BABOSS

Hi,

I had to get mine re-programmed when i got it because it came with a HP4 program and had to be changed to a HP2 and was also programmed for a different ecu. I sent it to:

ChipTorque
1/50 Lawrence Drive
Nerang QLD 4211
Australia
Phone : 07 5596 4204

They re-program for around $100 and the chip is small so the postage is minimal. The code on your Ecu has to match the sticker on the chip to work properly.

Gains from chiptorque are claimed to be 5-8RWKW but i cannot confirm this myself as i have not had a dyno.

http://www.chiptorque.com.au/
BABOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 07:09 PM   #3
MADED-6
MADED.6

thanx mate im buying the chip now that i no u can get them tuned for around $100.

so thanx for that mate. and also did u feel a difference in performance or not because to me 5-8rwkw u should be able to feel the gain. anyway thanx for ur help.
Old 26-03-2006, 07:57 PM   #4
CaRtZ
Aspiring mr efxr

i dont think u would feel a 5-8rwkw gain. might notice gear changes at different revs, better response etc but when u push the loud pedal i dont think u would notice such a small ammount. 15rwkw maybe, 25 yeah.
CaRtZ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2006, 09:24 PM   #5
BABOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94EDGhia
thanx mate im buying the chip now that i no u can get them tuned for around $100.

so thanx for that mate. and also did u feel a difference in performance or not because to me 5-8rwkw u should be able to feel the gain. anyway thanx for ur help.
Buggerall difference in performance it realy depends on existing mods, mostly in the 3000+ rev range, better throttle response, i knew that it would'nt make much of a difference but i got it so that in the future when i add a nice big cam i can have it running relatively smooth on a Hp4 re-program as i don't plan on getting an aftermarket EMS. If you're getting a chiptorque HP1 or HP2 setup and not adding a cam or doing any more mods in the future it would be a waste of money IMO.
Old 26-03-2006, 09:46 PM   #6
MADED-6
MADED.6

i have a manaul with a mild cam, full exhaust and apod already and i want to get a bigger cam so i will get the chip anyway. anyway thanx.
Old 27-03-2006, 12:51 AM   #7
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here

what is a hp1, hp2 and so on program??
Old 27-03-2006, 01:06 AM   #8
BABOSS

HP1 map for little to no mods, HP2 map for Exhaust and/or intake mods, HP3 and HP4 are for Exhaust, intake and cam etc. IIRC HP1 chip is non-reprogrammable.
Old 27-03-2006, 02:14 AM   #9
2kool4u

Location: I live in my own little world, but it's alright, the people know me here

Have you noticed any changes in fuel consumption with the chip??

also can a HP2 be placed in a car with only 2.5 inch exhaust until extractors and air intake are done??