Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 05-09-2005, 08:38 PM   #1
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Ladies be cautious about unmarked police cars

This one is for all the ladies...I recieved this as an email today. I don't know if it is true or not, but in any case it sounds like good advice for the ladies....

Matt

This is fact :

This number actually exists here in Australia read this and then send it to all your friends! I never even knew about being able to dial the number 112 feature! This actually happened to someone's daughter. Lauren was 19yrs old and in university. This story takes place over the Christmas/New Year's holiday break. It was the Saturday before New Year's and it was about 1pm in the afternoon, and Lauren was driving to visit a friend. An UNMARKED police car pulled up behind her and put his lights on.

Lauren's parents have 4 children (high school and university age) and have always told them never to pull over for an unmarked car on the side of the road, but rather wait until they get to a petrol station, etc. So Lauren had actually listen to her parents' advice, and promptly phoned the number, 112 on her mobile phone to tell t he police dispatcher that she would not pull over right away. She proceeded to tell the dispatcher that there was an unmarked police car with a flashing red light on his rooftop behind her. The dispatcher checked to see if here was a police car where she was and there wasn't and he told her to keep driving, remain calm and that he had back-up already on the way. Ten minutes later 4 cop cars surrounded her and the unmarked car behind her. One policeman went to her side and the others surrounded the car behind. They pulled the guy from the car and tackled him to the ground.........the man was a convicted rapist and wanted for other crimes. I never knew that bit of advice, but especially for a woman alone in a car, you should not pull over for an unmarked car.

Apparently police have to respect your right to keep going to a "safe" place. You obviously need to make some signals that you acknowledge them i.e.,put on your hazard lights) or call No. 112 like Lauren did. Too bad the mobile phone companies don't give you this little bit of wonderful information.

112 IS THE NUMBER TO RING IF YOU CANNOT GET SERVICE ON YOUR MOBILE IT'S LIKE 000 So now it's your turn to let your friends know about No. 112.

Thought this email looked suspicious (hoax?), so I had a quick check on the internet to confirm the truth in the emergency number. Its real.

Here's the link below.

http://emergencycalls.aca.gov.au
http://emergencycalls.aca.gov.au/

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 08:43 PM   #2
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

While 112 is an internationally known emergency number, 000 is the only number to call in Australia.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 08:43 PM   #3
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Location: Wha???... There is only 2 states 2 be in.. WA or Drunk..

have read something similar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 08:44 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Remember though that even if you dont have service on your network and dial 000, it will try to jump onto another network to get you through in case of an emergency. 000 also works if you have no prepaid credit etc - is always a free call.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:44 PM   #5
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

112 service works on aussie mobiles too Peuty
Quote:
I know what lengths they go to to ensure it's more than just a Ford sticker on the part. Ford doesn't throw it's name on anything for a quick buck.
06 Turbo Terri AWD 6 sp in Neo with stuff i didnt even need, side steps,15.2 inch roof mounted DVD,Pioneer $tezza,Selby 30/18mm swaybars,debunged,100 cpsi Ballistic cat,Plazmaman under battery Cai injectors 14/lb boost,ZF tuned,Xtreme's magic. :
Old 05-09-2005, 08:44 PM   #6
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Errrrr, what's the point of that? You dial 112 to get diverted to 000?
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 08:45 PM   #7
460cixy
burn out king

its been around for a while i first thought it was someone ****ing in my pocket but it turns out fair dinkum well ile be. handy to know for sure
460cixy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 08:52 PM   #8
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Chicken
You crack me up everytime chook
Quote:
Old 05-09-2005, 09:06 PM   #9
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
A while back one of the networks could dial ooo, to connect you had to ring 112. Im not sure who it was but it was a few years back.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 09:32 PM   #10
devil cv8

Quote:
the point is if you ring 000 from a mobile it will only work if you have a valid simc ard and only for your network... you can ring 112 even if your network is not in range......... In other words, any coverage by any network will allow a 112 call....
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 09:34 PM   #11
Psycho Chicken
Banned

Fair enough, but I thought you could dial 000 with no sim card in? I'm not going to try for obvious reasons.
Psycho Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 09:35 PM   #12
RED_EL_XR8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil cv8
the point is if you ring 000 from a mobile it will only work if you have a valid simc ard and only for your network... you can ring 112 even if your network is not in range......... In other words, any coverage by any network will allow a 112 call....
So what number do you call if you do not have a phone?
RED_EL_XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 09:44 PM   #13
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED_EL_XR8
So what number do you call if you do not have a phone?
Wolf!
Old 05-09-2005, 09:54 PM   #14
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

urban legend and you do have to pull over for an unmarked car.
XA-Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 09:54 PM   #15
dinga
???

But how much would you be fined for talking on a mobile phone whilst driving, if the unmarked car was actually a highway patrol car ?????

I'm sure that would be added to your speeding bill ????
dinga is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 09:58 PM   #16
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA Coupe
If it was a single red flashing light pigs ar*e i'd pull over, esp if it were on the roof. Every unmarked car iv'e seen in syd have lights on the dash and parcel sheld in little black boxes or lights on the sun visor that they flip down. Always red and blue.

If you had a serious doubt about it being a legit cop car would you pull over to find out.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:02 PM   #17
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Not if you have reason to believe they are operating under orders from the Masons, carrying out their foul plots concocted by the Grey Aliens.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 10:09 PM   #18
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRQTOR
If it was a single red flashing light pigs ar*e i'd pull over, esp if it were on the roof. Every unmarked car iv'e seen in syd have lights on the dash and parcel sheld in little black boxes or lights on the sun visor that they flip down. Always red and blue.

If you had a serious doubt about it being a legit cop car would you pull over to find out.
calling the cops 'pigs' is a good way to get on my Hit List ( friendly reminder ) .
No police force in Aus that I am aware of uses a single red light on the roof. I would however believe the whole story implicitly .. it is on the internet so it must be true !!
Old 05-09-2005, 10:36 PM   #19
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

To XA Coupe it was I who posted the 112 thread and if in doubt about any car marked or unmarked that is trying to pull you over you have every right to proceed to the nearest Police Station for assistance.
Like you I also hate the term 'pig' after all they are ppl just like us trying to do a very difficult job...don't forget I'm a retired firie..and we're all bludgers till someones ***** catches fire and they need us to put it out.

Just to add to this 112 has saved several women from being raped/murdered by scum posing as cops.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 10:37 PM   #20
MrSparkle
An Old Boss™©
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
Not if you have reason to believe they are operating under orders from the Masons, carrying out their foul plots concocted by the Grey Aliens.
You idiot! Don't you know that if it's ONE flashing red light on the roof, it's the SCIENTOLOGISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2005, 10:45 PM   #21
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSparkle
You idiot! Don't you know that if it's ONE flashing red light on the roof, it's the SCIENTOLOGISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are spreading government disinformation!!

Scientologists dont drive, they ride Tom Cruise clones to and from work.

Amish try to pull you over from the back of their wagon with a red flashing candle and a ed musket.

Mormons dont pull you over. They spring out of the bushes dressed as Sioux warriors and shoot you down.

Masons drive black 1975 cadiallacs and run you off the road into a river.

Grey aliens prefer Hyundai compact cars.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-09-2005, 10:50 PM   #22
Kapn_Kiwi
It is hard...

Quote:
calling the cops 'pigs' is a good way to get on my Hit List ( friendly reminder ) .
No police force in Aus that I am aware of uses a single red light on the roof. I would however believe the whole story implicitly .. it is on the internet so it must be true !!
He was saying 'pigs ar*e', but that sh!ts me too. However if I saw an unmarked car and thought it was a bit suss, I'd not take chances.
Old 05-09-2005, 10:56 PM   #23
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by John McMaster
To XA Coupe it was I who posted the 112 thread and if in doubt about any car marked or unmarked that is trying to pull you over you have every right to proceed to the nearest Police Station for assistance.
Like you I also hate the term 'pig' after all they are ppl just like us trying to do a very difficult job...don't forget I'm a retired firie..and we're all bludgers till someones ***** catches fire and they need us to put it out.

Just to add to this 112 has saved several women from being raped/murdered by scum posing as cops.

You don't have the right ... but it is safe to say that if a VK commodore tried to pull you over you wouldn't do it..and if by some miracle it was a genuine police car you could be excused. However, if a VZ commodore did it you would be pretty well screwed if you didn't.... allowing for things that could reasonably be taken to mean they weren't police.
It is totally incorrect to give a blanket 'exemption' from pulling over for unmarked cars.
I think 112 should be advertised more .. but 000 will always work if they can't remember 112
Old 05-09-2005, 10:57 PM   #24
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
You are spreading government disinformation!!

Scientologists dont drive, they ride Tom Cruise clones to and from work.

Amish try to pull you over from the back of their wagon with a red flashing candle and a ed musket.

Mormons dont pull you over. They spring out of the bushes dressed as Sioux warriors and shoot you down.

Masons drive black 1975 cadiallacs and run you off the road into a river.

Grey aliens prefer Hyundai compact cars.

I think you got the reds and blues mixed up dude ..........
:
Old 05-09-2005, 10:59 PM   #25
XA-Coupe
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny_Puppy
He was saying 'pigs ar*e', but that sh!ts me too. However if I saw an unmarked car and thought it was a bit suss, I'd not take chances.
Now I re read it I get it .. I thought the auto censor was hard at work

If it's suss, proceed in a LEGAL fashion to the nearest police station... but only if you have reason.
Old 05-09-2005, 11:00 PM   #26
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

112 is international 000 is national and on some mobiles does not work where as 112 does.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 05-09-2005, 11:01 PM   #27
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Yep take the red pill
Quote:
Old 05-09-2005, 11:03 PM   #28
svo347
AFF's 1st DM.......

Hey just a Q ive read that if i was to lock my keys in the car and had a spare set at home, if you hold a mobile phone next to the car, and get the missus at home to push the keyfob, the doors would unlock...
Is this true.
Sorry bout the off topic
Quote:
Old 05-09-2005, 11:08 PM   #29
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

HHHMMMM don't think so.

2000 AUII SE ute IL6
Old 05-09-2005, 11:09 PM   #30
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

hahahahahahahah hahahahahaha ahahahaha aha ahahaha ha a ahaahahahahhahahahaah

Sorry.

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post