Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 02-07-2007, 08:46 PM   #1
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

Default Fuel Pump Choice & Where to buy ASAP

Hey all,

well both current EA fuel pump and spare backup EA fuel pump have died.

so know i need to get a new one ASAP...like tomorrow morning asap.

i have never bought a fuel pump before so what do people have and recommend?

CURRENT APPLICATION
3.9L EA MPFI ENGINE

NEAR FUTUTRE APPLICATION
4.0L AU ENGINE

FUTURE APPLICATION
4.0L AU ENGINE WITH LOW BOOST TURBO

the hope is to spend the money now (up to $300 or so) and not have to replace it for any future application.

what brand do people use?
what model do people use?
any special L/Hour i should look for?
where do you get the unit from?

thanks
brad

Blue Power Airbox, Sunroof, Typhoon Wheels, Brembos, Prem Sound, Momo Chunky Wheel, Genuine FPV Gauge Holder, Whiteline Swaybars, Lowered, Tinted Windows, 60lb Injectors, Plazmaman Cooler, Hot Side & Under Battery Pipes, 4" Dump & Cat, Process West Surge Tank & Bosch 044, Turbo Inline Oil Filter
BRADMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 09:06 PM   #2
efgiar
rofl copter

speak to maded-6 he gets 600hp walbro units for 100 bucks. ive got one in my car with no dramas

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-07-2007, 11:02 PM   #3
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

sweet as. thanks.
well a mate happened to have a working fuel pump.
we chuck it on....but still got problems.

got fuel
got spark
got starter
but no go. will have another look 2moz.

thanks
brad

Blue Power Airbox, Sunroof, Typhoon Wheels, Brembos, Prem Sound, Momo Chunky Wheel, Genuine FPV Gauge Holder, Whiteline Swaybars, Lowered, Tinted Windows, 60lb Injectors, Plazmaman Cooler, Hot Side & Under Battery Pipes, 4" Dump & Cat, Process West Surge Tank & Bosch 044, Turbo Inline Oil Filter
Old 02-07-2007, 11:38 PM   #4
efgiar
rofl copter

check ur injector pulse

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-07-2007, 11:38 AM   #5
BRADMAN
BA Mk2 XR6 Turbo

we all good now.

i replaced the coil as i wasnt happy with spark size after i got her going again.

problem must have been blockage in fuel cos after d/c fuel line and letting some fuel flow we then reconnected line and held throttle open full until she started to splatter then released and after about 5 more seconds she fired n is all good.

so new fuel filter for me.
thanks again

i have PM maded-6 so we see what price.

brad