Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-06-2005, 09:08 PM   #1
Aussie Pete

Default Some of The Turbo Brigade Are Feeding Pure Lies

Okay, I'm going to stir up a hornets nest but something has to be said.

I'm really struggling to understand how some of the turbo runners are claiming 10.xx or 11.xx ETs for their cars when in fact the truth is that a stock XF carby auto GL pack would actually beat them to the finish line.

What do I mean?

Well, these cars sit on the line in stage and wait for the green light. then when it turns green most cars launch and do their run. No, not these guys. That's their signal to try and get their turbos spooled up (sometimes for ten seconds or more) on boost and get the engine ready for a run. Then, when they're fit and ready they launch.

This is quite simply not what drag racing is about. it's also a blatant lie about what the cars are capable of because any such setup is going to be blown away in real life. And I'm kind of tired of seeing ads for fastest cars when in fact the things are undriveable anywhere except on a strip.

I think the two second rule should apply. two seconds after the green if you're not off the line then no time.

And as for timeslip records, how about also posting your stage time before you ran your hollow ET.

Using the above premise, I wonder whether a V8 running twin turbos is actually the lesser car versus some of the TQEs that are supposedly faster.

Let the flaming begin but facts are facts. Tell the truth and the whole truth or keep your times and your claims to yourself. :
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post