Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #61
dimka100
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Mitsubishi: Too old and too expensive

I know they are very fast, been driven in one a few times, but these days at 70K people want a bit more than just fast, and that's why they can only sell about 120 cars a year (As per the carpoint article).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockieoc
When you own one you will realise they are worth every single cent.
dimka100 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #62
Kesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic85
The Ralliart has a 6 speed DSG gearbox, not a CVT.

They have the 2.4L engine mated to manual or CVT in the Outlander and Lancer (VRX).

No turbo petrol Mitsubishi has a normal torque convertor automatic.

ASX has virtually no hard plastics. The entire dash is soft touch, quality plastic/rubber.

Please don't comment on things when you only have half the story!
Doors have some hard plastics on it, feels horrible, dash has a firm feel to it as well but it's not super hard.. Best interior material I'd say is in my dads AU..

Mum got an ASX last year, 2L Petrol with CVT, great car! CVT is annoying for me, but if you find the car underpowered, it's most likely just the wrong type of car for you (IN MOST CASES), my mum drives it at a normal speed and it never has to go too overboard in the revs.

One of the few issues is the CVT when cold is quite jerky... Still a great car for the dough.
Kesh is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2012, 01:25 AM   #63
lockieoc
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimka100
I know they are very fast, been driven in one a few times, but these days at 70K people want a bit more than just fast, and that's why they can only sell about 120 cars a year (As per the carpoint article).
Leather, heated Recaros and a Rockford Forsgate sound system. Believe me its a nice place to be when you drive one every day.
lockieoc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2012, 02:17 AM   #64
Nic85
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockieoc
Leather, heated Recaros and a Rockford Forsgate sound system. Believe me its a nice place to be when you drive one every day.
Add the fact that nothing short of a $170,000 GTR will handle anything remotely close to it.
Nic85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2012, 06:02 AM   #65
Iggypoppin'
Chasing a FORD project!

Never hated or loved the mitsu's. The 380 I acknowledge as a good car that should never have failed, alas it did and thus died a legacy.
The rest of the lineup looks alright, bit old but has all the makings of good reliable useful vehicles.
5/10 warranty? Unbeatable! Not much would sway me from the blue oval but the Pajero is a nice bit of kit if I was in the market for a tough 4wd.
Game. Reinvented.

1996 BMW 740iL V8. TV, phone, leather, sunroof, satnav, all as standard. Now with 19" TSW Brooklands, 2 1/2" stainless steel exhaust, plus more coming soon.
Iggypoppin' is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #66
FPV GT
I Like To Shake It

I recently purchased the tarted up base model Lancer Activ.

My run around car AU had way too much work needed - rust repair, new suspension rubbers etc.

My wife has 98 Lancer with over 270k and hasn’t missed a beat. So I decided to have a look.
I could not go past the Lancer. Simply what Ford had on offer, in my opinion was not good enough.
Yes, the basic shape has been around a while, but that can be said about BA-FG.
As for price, the entire range is comparable to what other manufactures have on offer, especially as your tick the options boxes.

I really do enjoy driving it, find it extremely good value for money, and that’s all that matters to me.

Regards
Paul

2016 S550 TY GT Coupe....some loud bits and some glass bits

I like My GT SHAKEN, and Blown
Happiness is a TY S550, a 1911 semi automatic, and the Lovey Lizzie by my side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Lizzie
whilst looking at man riding a pee wee 50
"That sure does nothing for his masculinity"
FPV GT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #67
Till_Lind
E-series fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesh
Doors have some hard plastics on it, feels horrible, dash has a firm feel to it as well but it's not super hard.. Best interior material I'd say is in my dads AU..
This. I've been in a few current Mitsu and ugly and crappy (to the touch) interiors. Lancer interior looks like rubbish next to a Mazda 2/3, Focus, Golf, etc.
Old 25-08-2012, 10:06 PM   #68
zoomie
Owner of "0066" F6 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Till_Lind
This. I've been in a few current Mitsu and ugly and crappy (to the touch) interiors. Lancer interior looks like rubbish next to a Mazda 2/3, Focus, Golf, etc.
I used to think that too every time i looked at the dash/door trims etc in my old EVO X, especially when it was compared to my missus SP25 mazda... But once ya planted ya *** in the super supportive recaro seats, fired up the engine and went for a quick drive thru some twisties, that was all forgotten.

I loved every minute and every km i travelled (2yrs and 30000kms) in my EVO X but it was time for me to move on and get something a bit better on fuel and with a larger boot (family on the way), so thats when i went for the F6 as the evo's replacement.

I might add that i had NO warrenty issues or any mechanical dramas with the evo in those 2 yrs, despite the car getting driven hard (it was always well maintained) and also being fairly well modded (suspension and power up mods).

If i could have kept it as a "play" car then i definately wouldve... maybe in a couple years time
Old 26-08-2012, 08:51 AM   #69
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

I think they need to freshen their current models as well as their range of available cars. They don't have something in every segment.

The old Mirage was a very good car when released. Most powerful 1.5 engine (Excel topped it when it went DOHC), and the squat stance made it handle very well. My wife still has her Mirage and enjoys driving it more than the Focus... and I tend to agree.

The Lancer is a very large 'small car'... you get a lot of metal for the money, and is very good buying IMO.

Prob would have gone the ASX over the Focus had I not bought it last year. Warranty and much lower capped price servicing that Mitsubishi offer is something Ford should be looking at.

I know of several buyers who would have liked a blue oval but went with the competition... not because it was a better / cheaper car, but because the servicing and warranty were far superior.

That new Mirage looks good as a city car. 4l per 100 is Hybrid territory, for half the price.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #70
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow_Festiva
I think they need to freshen their current models as well as their range of available cars. They don't have something in every segment.

Good possibility, Mitsubishi don't want to do this, as the market is pretty tight....They don't want to flood it more than what it is, so they just stay with a small selection, therefore able to control the quality better.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #71
pmacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic85
The Ralliart has a 6 speed DSG gearbox, not a CVT.

They have the 2.4L engine mated to manual or CVT in the Outlander and Lancer (VRX).

No turbo petrol Mitsubishi has a normal torque convertor automatic.

ASX has virtually no hard plastics. The entire dash is soft touch, quality plastic/rubber.

Please don't comment on things when you only have half the story!
1. Fario didnt know they still used the 2.4l

2. yes they have a DSG, which i think off as a normal gearbox but technically there not

3. Youve got to be kidding, ive sat and driven in and even cleaned my Aunties Aspire ASX and you can find hard plastics everywhere. the dash is hard as a rock
pmacc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-08-2012, 02:11 PM   #72
zilo
BANNED

They abandoned the Australian manufacturing worker.

Stuff them I say....buy Australian.
zilo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post