Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 22-07-2008, 05:22 PM   #31
Sourbastard
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke
Big ol' 2 story house to myself, with billiard table, 4 large screen tv's, 4 beds, 3 toilets, office, formal dining rooms....

Plenty of room for stay over guests - female of course :

Thanks Cam and XR06T, I'll let her know, appreciate your help.
If you have a large garage as well, I will volunteer to be the son you never wanted.

1965 XP Falcon Deluxe Sedan
1978 XC Falcon Wagon Rallypack
2003 BA Fairlane G220

Windsor Powah!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hT9dxD2hM

Sourbastard is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-07-2008, 06:02 PM   #32
Sam_Boss260
Have Boost, will use it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke
I've never done BDM before, I've always managed my own businesses, but they tell me that in this role I'll be able to use my knowledge to help other managers who may be having trouble, reading P&L's, doing business plans etc etc.... hope it's good. $65k, car, phone, laptop for starters - that'll do me if the jobs okay.

Not to get off topic but good for you Duke.... I'm also a BDM (in the IT industry) and as long as you have some integrity and passion in what you are selling / providing you will do well. This is the only secret that I can pass.
Sam_Boss260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #33
Duke
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_Boss260
Not to get off topic but good for you Duke.... I'm also a BDM (in the IT industry) and as long as you have some integrity and passion in what you are selling / providing you will do well. This is the only secret that I can pass.
Thanks Sam, I wasn't sure what the salary should be, they let me set it and they agreed with the first figure I mentioned... Of course that makes me think I went in a bit too low, but what the hell, I returned to work to try and do something good for others and to make use of my managerial skills.

I have plenty of integrity and the company is a family owned business that's been going for well over 100 years in the hardware industry so I'm sure they have a good reputation too.

Sourbastard - you can be my son if you promise to clean up your friggin' bedroom!
Old 23-07-2008, 10:39 PM   #34
pottsy44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourbastard
If you have a large garage as well, I will volunteer to be the son you never wanted.
haha

can i join? :
pottsy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post