Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #31
Duke
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxm
Im hearing you. I get stones about every two years. pain is about a 12 out of 10
I agree. I get stressed out just thinking about the pain of a stone again.
I've only had one about 13 years ago. I couldn't imagine going that every 2 years. Seriously painful!

I was told that drinking coffee probably started mine so I've only had a dozen or so coffees in the past 13 years.
Old 28-06-2007, 02:00 PM   #32
carnutt

I've had a Muscle Disease (Polymyositis) since 1966 , age 12 ,which one of the symptoms is Muscle Cramps . To give you an idea how severe , I had a broken ankle in 1995 I class as a pain rating 5/10 .

Quite often I get cramps in the Chest/Back & Leg muscles 10+/10 approx 2-3 times a week The worst one lately just "won't go away" , it started about 2nd week of March in my sternum (sp) and is still there , I live on a cocktail of Panadeine Forte , Valium , Tramel & Morphine .

When I was younger it used to come & go , might get 5-6 years between bouts , but now I'm older it's pretty constant all the time .

Problem is that "there is no cure" and there's only about 8 people in Aust. with it , (have felt like "pulling the pin" a couple of times) But Hey , I'm still vertical most of the time and when I was Ok , I lived life "to the MAX" . and have done more than a lot of my healthy mates have .

Lesson learnt , "Live every day to the MAX and look at tomorrow when it gets here".

Carnutt
carnutt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 02:14 PM   #33
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

When I was 11, my brother jumped on my toe (next to the big one) and cracked it. Yeouch! Shortly afterwards when walking up the stairs, I clipped that same toe on the step and it hurt again. Eventually got it wrapped up. I was told not to run around, but as if an 11 year old kid is going to listen.

Another time I was having a bowel movement and let me say I was stretched to my limits. I almost passed out. I think I know now what mothers go through when giving birth.
uranium_death is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 02:23 PM   #34
Ringo
I see you....

XRQTOR - you are bad news to be around - get a new job and new hobbies and are not so hazardous to your health !!!!

My list in order (which is nothing compared to the other horror stories)

1 - Petrol in the armpit (car on a hoist,and taking of the fuel filter, let the petrol (premium what more) run down my arm as I was undoing the little hose clamp)...it burns like acid!!!!!! ...and water doesn't help. I was jumping around the workshop like a monkey with everyone ****ing themselves laughing at me.

2 - Inflamed disc in the back....ehhh like eveyone else

3 - crushed finger in a door hinge - I screamed at that one (I was 12....) and it ended up going black with bruising and I lost the nail for a few weeks

4 - Stretching internal stiches that I had in my radial tendon after I severed it doing home renovations.....oh boy that hurt.
Ringo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 02:28 PM   #35
Redrum
Force Fed Fords

Gall Bladder attack. Felt like someone stabbing me non stop in the back and abdomen area. There was no way to relieve pain, like moving etc. Pain lasted for a few hours and it wasn't until my fourth visit to the incompetent Geelong Hospital and my mother insisting I have a blood test that I was rightly diagnosed and not just sent home with a box of panadols. Had it ripped out at 25 years old.
Old 28-06-2007, 04:50 PM   #36
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo
XRQTOR - you are bad news to be around - get a new job and new hobbies and are not so hazardous to your health !!!!

My list in order (which is nothing compared to the other horror stories)

1 - Petrol in the armpit (car on a hoist,and taking of the fuel filter, let the petrol (premium what more) run down my arm as I was undoing the little hose clamp)...it burns like acid!!!!!! ...and water doesn't help. I was jumping around the workshop like a monkey with everyone ****ing themselves laughing at me.

2 - Inflamed disc in the back....ehhh like eveyone else

3 - crushed finger in a door hinge - I screamed at that one (I was 12....) and it ended up going black with bruising and I lost the nail for a few weeks

4 - Stretching internal stiches that I had in my radial tendon after I severed it doing home renovations.....oh boy that hurt.
Na just being stupid on the bike, flatstick in 3rd on the back wheel lol. Certainly made me wear a helmet on next time i rode, was warming the bike up and didn't even have the gear on. As far as the work accident goes, 1st time iv'e slipped in 3 years while putting pallet racking up. I'd much rather hit the beam than face plant onto the slab, another 1.5m down.

No point living life and being scared, go hard or go home besides it'll only hurt for a while.
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 05:12 PM   #37
Mikal52
WINDSOR

racing motox in QLD january this year, was landed on by another motobike straight on my back. luckily no broken bones but ended up with 2 dislocated shoulders and burns on my back from the other bike lying on top of me. the most painful part was laying there with a 90kg bike on my back not able to move at all.... docs rekon they never seen both shoulders so badly dislocated at the same time.

Now my shoulders come out when rolling over in bed and i go through about 15m of strapping tape a week from riding my moto.

Cheers
Michael
Mikal52 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 05:17 PM   #38
wheels260

The worst pain i have ever felt was when i was playing school yard footy, went up for a mark got pushed in the back and landed on my ankle all wrong! Ended up cleanly breaking my tibia and fibia (spelling?) in half just above my ankle and messing up everything around it. 5 days later out of hospital with 2 plates in my ankle with 9 bolts and 21 staples on the outside holding my skin together were they had cut and unknown amount on the inside! Plus the doc told me they would be disolvable stitches, my *** they where as soon as the nurse went to take them out i almost fainted haha. The assistant principle who was supporting my ankle once i had done it told me when i got back to school 5 weeks later that all he could feel was my bones mushing and crunching around inside of me! :
wheels260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 05:22 PM   #39
RG
Back to Le Frenchy

Worst pain I've had was 30% of my right lung collapsing. That hurt enough but on top of that they used a bloody great syringe to get the air out from between my lung and chest wall. 600ml of air it was using a 100ml syringe that wouldn't look at all out of place in a horse vets hands all under local anesthetic.
07 Renault Sport Megane F1 Team R26 #1397
RG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 05:25 PM   #40
MR_LON
ORSMT5

whilst drilling a piece of stainless pipe about 6mm in from the fresh cut end to put a pin in it the drill bit broke & my finger caught the end of the pipe on the way down, it cut into my fingernail at the cutical end & tore the whole nail off except for a small piece of skin that was holding it to the tip of my finger
or
a few weeks ago i ended up with a large cyst on my back right on my spine, i couldn't sit down in any chair & any movement that stretched the skin hurt like hell, i was on antibiotics & they wern't working so the doc gave me 2 local anaesthetics so he could cut it & try to squeeze it out but i could still feel it, even taking 4 15mg codine tablets didnt help, ended up in hospital the next day & they put me out so they could cut it out, i felt 200% better even with a 40mm open cut in my back
MR_LON is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 05:27 PM   #41
lukey
www.lukehimself.net

Not me, but recently a family member had an operation to cut something off his back and the anesthetic wore off (it was only meant to take half an hour but ended up taking over an hour) and he had to sit there while his back was being cut into and could feel it fully. They couldn't give any more anesthetic (something to do with the operation) and he doesn't want to go back into the room of the operation cos of the memory of the pain :S
Old 28-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #42
apolloxbgt
cross breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXR347
Worst pain I've had was 30% of my right lung collapsing. That hurt enough but on top of that they used a bloody great syringe to get the air out from between my lung and chest wall. 600ml of air it was using a 100ml syringe that wouldn't look at all out of place in a horse vets hands all under local anesthetic.
My right lung has collasped 100% twice.

When it goes down all the way the stick a chest tube (small plastic hose a little smaller than your little finger)through the ribs and hook it up to suction ( a week both times) to hold the lung out.
When the surgen was about to do it the first time he told me he'd never had patient that hadn't screamed when he did it,I didn't break his run.......
Old 28-06-2007, 05:28 PM   #43
sfr rob
○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ ○○○○○

oh, some of this stuff is freakin bad, especially the torn retina and old fella swabbing! LOL

Worst pain i had was after i had my appendix removed in Jan last year, ended up being emergency surgery cause it was about to blow. A month later i sat down on a step for a photo with the family, i bent further to do my shoelace up and pulled broke the stiches from inside behind the incision. THAT was the worst pain EVER.
I have piercings and a full sleeve of tattoo's to put in in perspective.

My brother fell off my motorbike the other month and completely busted his collar bone in half, I had to drive him to hospital in my car (slammed) and they didnt operate till 3 days later, he couldn't breath, move cough sneeze crap, nothing without being in tears. ended up with an awesome scar, poor bastard has had his thyroids removed as well.. same deal.
sfr rob is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 05:29 PM   #44
Miller
It's Millertime!

Got my leg caught under the near axle of a gokart and it dragged my foot along bitchumen for a good meter or two, that one hurt like hell.

Also just started going to the gym again yesterday after no exercise for a year or two, and now I can hardly move =\
Old 28-06-2007, 05:32 PM   #45
Pedro
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Being bitten on the second smallest toe by a Tamborine Mountain Jumping Ant.
I've been bitten by some nasty critters in my life, but nothing beats one of these mongrels. The pain lasts for a long time and the area bitten has pins and needles for days. And unlike other insects, these thing are aggressive and will chase you across the lawn in a series of 60mm jumps to get at you.
Where's Deildren when you need it?
Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 05:37 PM   #46
XR-351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

we were doing some self defence crap at school one day and we were doing scisor kicks or something anyway i did mine landed wrong and dislocated my knee, my knee car ended up on the oposite side of my leg then the instructor strid to put in back in place which then cracked my knee cap bone, i now have a peice missing from the knee cap also had all the tendons lilgiment wrecked aswell, then i had to hop 300 mtrs to my mums car...

also had a couple of broken ribs, hurt me ankle and back (motor bikes lol)

but the knee was definently the most painfull thing ever and it was infront of class but even thinking about it makes me feel ill....
XR-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 05:43 PM   #47
DayTE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfpv
3 of the worst pains i've experianced were . split cornea , after a doctor at sydney eye hospital was looking for something in my eye and couldnt see it he gave me an eye ball pressure test . which split my retina , he then sent me home, driving home i went temporarily blind in that eye , and the pain was screamlike . i pulled over in a servo, and created a new dance, promting the servo bloke to call an ambulance . for 2 days i couldnt move my eyeball without agony, that meant 10 second sleeping intervals , as REM sets in what a barstard .

the 2nd was i bent over at work and couldnt stand up. went to hospital , and got a gay doctor , who thought i had a sexual disease, he pushed a cotton stick down the old fella ( sharpest instant pain ever) of course therewas nothing wrong there , the doc was just a gay weirdo, the GP DIAGNOSED A HERNIA . and couldn't believe the hospital test i had .

the worst though was umbilical hernia surgery. when i woke up the said to me hows the pain, i said 5 out of 10, wait 6 , 7 , 10, 11 , then screamed give me some farken drugs, i remember wishing i was dead , the pain was that bad. they gave me 3 doses and maxxed me out with some drug , and said they couldnt give me anymore , they were telling me to stop rocking, otherwise i'd tear the stitches open, i remember when the drugs hit me , i couldnt move , but the pain was still there , as bad as ever, but my mind kind of didn't give a rats .
later i told a nurse, no one informed me it was gonna be that bad , her reply was it's tohard to tell someone the truth with that, umbilical hernia surgury is very painfull . then i asked is it worse than a cessarian . and the nurse replied . no . ohhh
i think women are special when it comes to pain thresh hold.
OWWWWWW. The first two just make me squirm, well the second one makes me double over!

The worst I've felt was a virus thingy that I somehow contracted. My epydidimus (sp?) had swollen up to about 6-7 inches long. I couldn't sit cause it hurt, I couldn't stand cause it hurt, even lying down was very uncomfortable. And walking made me look as though I'd spent the last 20 years on a horse. Lasted about a week and a half. For those that are unsure of the epydidmus, it's what attaches your "pipes" to your testes! And it's not an STD!!!
Old 28-06-2007, 05:46 PM   #48
WPN XR6T
Useless

3 cracked vertibre and 5 disks. 13t of armored vehicle droped out from under me and rapidly came back up when I drove it into an (unseen) hole. No pain killers just incase I had to be airlifted.

1 year later on Crew commanders cse for same type of veh., another unseen obsticle (this time I wasn't driving), 3 busted ribs, almost a flail chest, but 1 rib was still attached to the sternum.

Some one telling me I should leave Buckets alone?

Happiness is owning more Fords. Bliss is owning more XR's!

- 2005 BA II XR8 "The Dino"
- 2005 BA II XR6T "The T"
- 2008 WQ XR4 "The Fez"
WPN XR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 05:48 PM   #49
Chris
AFF.com.au

had a nice burn once. burns rock on the pain scale!!
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 05:52 PM   #50
vandrsxr6
Force Fed Fords

Reading all these post is becoming extremely painfull, i can feel every blow.

I've been pretty lucky with injuries(touchwood), losing the top of my nucle on my index finger hurt a bit, but not as the stuff above me.

310rwkw and always chasing more

Now with 6th Gear

RAPID PERFORMANCE

ORSM FORD CRUISER
vandrsxr6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 06:10 PM   #51
Falcon Coupe
Clevo Mafia Inc.

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: The exceptional contribution made to AFF over an extended period of time. Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Your tireless efforts behind the scenes in keeping AFF the place it is. 

Riding a 500cc air cooled Yamaha trail bike at age 16 (wearing shorts), i crashed and the bike was on top of me, when a mate helped lift it off the skin on the inside of my knee stuck to the engine's cooling fins, it looked like opening a grilled cheese sandwich.
I have broken 3 bones, the associated pain doesn't even come close to a nasty burn.
Falcon Coupe is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 06:15 PM   #52
XRQTOR
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Coupe
Riding a 500cc air cooled Yamaha trail bike at age 16 (wearing shorts), i crashed and the bike was on top of me, when a mate helped lift it off the skin on the inside of my knee stuck to the engine's cooling fins, it looked like opening a grilled cheese sandwich.
I have broken 3 bones, the associated pain doesn't even come close to a nasty burn.
Burns arn't that bad, iv'e still got a 4"x2" scar from when i was 17, me and my mate were at his dads beach house down the coast and took the ride on mower down the shops. I slipped and got my arm caught between the exhaust and mower, i didn't say anything about being burnt till 3 days later when it got infected. Didn't want to get in trouble for taxing the mower and going down the shops seeing we got our ***** kicked for it the day before as it ran out of fuel on the way to the shops lol. Nothing else smells as bad as burning/melting flesh....
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 06:18 PM   #53
smiley

When I was a kid, I had my makeshift slingshot at full extension and the wood broke, came back and hit me in the eye. Couldn't see out of it and blood was pouring out. After a while, it got better and the next day I could see again but my left eye would take about 6 seconds to focus on something. Then I started getting headaches and went to the doctor. He said there was a piece of splinter still in my eyelid so (without any anesthetic) he uses twesers to pull out the splinter and put 2 stitches in my eyelid. I was very lucky by a couple of mm not to have permanently blinded my left eye.
2.5" Redback, high flow cat, Pacemaker headers

178.3rwkw
15.18 @ 95.72 MPH
smiley is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 06:31 PM   #54
Mikey
Typhoon Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro
Being bitten on the second smallest toe by a Tamborine Mountain Jumping Ant.
I've been bitten by some nasty critters in my life, but nothing beats one of these mongrels. The pain lasts for a long time and the area bitten has pins and needles for days. And unlike other insects, these thing are aggressive and will chase you across the lawn in a series of 60mm jumps to get at you.
Where's Deildren when you need it?
You think thats bad! Passed out in the carpark on the grass under a tree of a Briso pub after a big Uni Sports day. Completely blind drunk. Woke up about 4am no bus to take me back home to the Gold Coast. Everyone bloody gone. After 10 mins of getting my bearings realised i had been bitten by the same fargon ants on my hand, arm, leg, face. Each bite had blown up the area twice the size. Caught cab all the way home in burning hell pain. Oh and tried to do a runner on the cabbie when he pulled up but i just feel out of the cab and turned and gave him the money. It was hard being a Uni student. Cab fare was $100. back then!
Mikey is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 06:32 PM   #55
NC 5ltr
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Few months ago i went to nelson bay to see a mates new boat.on the back of his boat there were 2 plastic portholes that were screwed and glued into the boat,anyway boat is rocking back and forward so i jump and go straight through the porthole with my shin catching the leading edge of the hard plastic at a nice angle to rip the flesh off my shin so i could see the bone.

3 months later i have a nice scar.

QUOTE What makes you think I'm going to park behind a VE? I don't even attend the Sydney Gay Mardi Gras! QUOTE
NC 5ltr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 06:35 PM   #56
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

worst pain for me was when i fell out of a car window when it was going ~40kph (dont ask).. the actual landing and sliding along the bitumen didn't hurt too much as i was superman for long enough to get some addrenalin (sp?) pumping.. when i went to the hospital they wrapped me in this tape/sticky bandage stuff and sent me on my way with a info sheet on how to get it off..

my mum being a nurse din bother with no instructions and tried to change them after a week without using enough vegie oil or whatever it was yuo needed to coat them into get them to dislodge them from the scabs/skin. i had gravel rash all down my lhs (seriously the whole way down, angle to hand) and mum just started yanking the tape stuff off with my scabs etc in tow. took 30 mins to get the whole lot off and i've never since felt pain like that..

haha funny side note, while i was flying through the air i was thinkin 'rossi tries to roll to avoid serious injury so i'll do that'.. bad idea, ended up having 2 lots of scars 2cm apart from bouncing then sliding some more hahaha
Old 28-06-2007, 06:39 PM   #57
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Good God....... Reading some of these is painul enough.

My worst was returning home from Europe with the worst cold / flu you could ever imagine. No amount of TNT would have cleared my sinuses.....

Boarded the plane then developed a splitting headache, the type you can feel pulsating with your heart beat against your skull.

As we went up the pressure increased and my head, due to being so stuffed wouldnt equalize... the pain from the pressure must have been touching a nerve as it was unbearable.

13 hour flight from hell.

Now whenever I fly I take a course of antibiotics and the strongest decongestant tablets there are with me just in case.
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 06:59 PM   #58
Falc'man
You dig, we stick!

Sliding down a 10m blade and using balls as brakes... just kidding.

I'd have to say it was when my right olecranon (tip of the elbow) broke off. I also have to agree with burns.... they get a good reaction from me.
Old 28-06-2007, 07:17 PM   #59
Action Cheese
Standby for Action!

I tore all my lower back muscles one day at work, and it sounds silly, but I had an ant bite me on my eye it really hurt
Action Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 09:10 PM   #60
Jestr75
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My worst was when nursing my baby girl with no shirt on and she kicked her leg and her toe got caught in my nipple ring. The more i tried to release her toe the more she kicked and thought it was a game and the more it hurt.

Also broke jaw in two places and needed a few plates.

When you are dead, You don't know that you are dead
Only those around you know you are dead.
It's the same when you are STUPID!!!
Jestr75 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post