Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 11-09-2024, 08:02 AM   #2911
marty351
Shenanigans..............

Default Re: Why is it.................?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
I've long been a supporter of the worlds population needing a permit to breed..... but anyway....

WHY is it, that with everyone trying to tell me its just soooo easy to be a parts interpreter, that armed with literally every single bit of information at their fingertips, people still manage to order the wrong **** parts on a regular basis?
Dealing qith a fun problem atm with a BA ute where the previous owner thought he'd be smart and ordered a spare key, took it to a locksmith who then supposedly cut & programmed it for him.
Its got me buggered how it got programmed..... whilst its a tibbe key, it doesnt have a transponder chip in it!
If it's just the standard key it may have only been used as an access key.
Or there were several standard keys and a transponder chip placed within range of the reader, a common doings with taxis.
marty351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2024, 10:47 AM   #2912
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interceptor View Post
I've long been a supporter of the worlds population needing a permit to breed..... but anyway....

WHY is it, that with everyone trying to tell me its just soooo easy to be a parts interpreter, that armed with literally every single bit of information at their fingertips, people still manage to order the wrong **** parts on a regular basis?
I am in charge of purchasing 1000's of parts every week, I constantly have problems with parts suppliers who when even armed with part numbers still send the wrong parts, Euro stuff being one of the worst, Mahindra is at the top of the list of the worst as they change production methods every odd day, so its a lucky dip to what you will be supplied or if it will even fit.

I feel your pain
prktkljokr is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 11-09-2024, 02:20 PM   #2913
Interceptor
HSV - I just ate one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty351 View Post
If it's just the standard key it may have only been used as an access key.
Or there were several standard keys and a transponder chip placed within range of the reader, a common doings with taxis.
Sadly, not the case, 1 owner/driver who thought he knew better.... he didnt even know about he transponder & was shocked when I used the 2nd key, and it started then shut off immediately!
Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM   #2914
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6
Well, I haven't had a weekend off since I last took annual leave back in January.
Quote:
I know. I do defer days off into weekdays, but that doesn't always work and means I miss out on family things, events like car shows/concerts ect.

I'm actually gearing up for 3-months long service leave, I've been at the company since 2003 and have yet to take anything other than the usual 2-weeks annual leave.

Of course, this leave falling in spring (peak selling period) has me feeling guilty, but I've been waiting two years for the catalyst to this leave (a new car), if not now, then when?
Quote:
You look after your staff better than most.

I've been permanent part time since about 2005. That's the culture, work work work work is good, taking time off is an inconvenience. It's "expected" that staff take leave in February because that's the quietest month. Winter? No, because they need the manual labor. Spring? No, that's peak selling period. Christmas? No, peak selling period and the time they want to take off with their own family. Being a single male with no family, what else could I have to do outside of work, right?

I have 420 hours of annual leave owing, 120 hours of sick leave. Nearly three lots of long service leave. They all took extended leave last year jetting off to the other side of the world, leaving the staffing situation short..............then expected me to drop everything in my own business to fill that gap. Loosing me for three months in Spring.............they will have to just deal with it. ITS MY TURN. I'm just a big angry typing that.
I know I'm a broken record on this topic, so sorry to bring it up again but I have no outlet to vent this.

Shortly after I announced intention to take extended leave starting in October and hopefully lasting until mid-January, the company took on another part-time employee. I've been working closely with this person to train her to my standards and expectations. All had been going so well, it's not often a new employee shows up with a willingness to learn and work hard, as well as taking on information and putting it to use straight away with minimal input. In other words, a quick learner.

Well, today my "apprentice" announced her departure in two weeks. Not only does this hurt from the point of view that she showed exceptional potential, it has me questioning my intentions in a few weeks. Now they will be down two at staff at the busiest time of the year.

Why do I care so much about this when it's not even my business? Why do I care so much after the countless times where I have sacrificed my own business or family to their benefit. And after the last three weeks where I have been left to do a task all by myself that once took 4 to 5 people do.

I'm angry, upset, annoyed and depressed and at myself and the company I slave for.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old Today, 12:49 AM   #2915
prktkljokr
praek tih kl jo kr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFB FGXR6 View Post
I know I'm a broken record on this topic, so sorry to bring it up again but I have no outlet to vent this.

Shortly after I announced intention to take extended leave starting in October and hopefully lasting until mid-January, the company took on another part-time employee. I've been working closely with this person to train her to my standards and expectations. All had been going so well, it's not often a new employee shows up with a willingness to learn and work hard, as well as taking on information and putting it to use straight away with minimal input. In other words, a quick learner.

Well, today my "apprentice" announced her departure in two weeks. Not only does this hurt from the point of view that she showed exceptional potential, it has me questioning my intentions in a few weeks. Now they will be down two at staff at the busiest time of the year.

Why do I care so much about this when it's not even my business? Why do I care so much after the countless times where I have sacrificed my own business or family to their benefit. And after the last three weeks where I have been left to do a task all by myself that once took 4 to 5 people do.

I'm angry, upset, annoyed and depressed and at myself and the company I slave for.
Book your holiday, switch off and don't give it another thought, ( I know easier said than done ) but its not your problem its theirs, you are entitled to take holidays whenever you need them, maybe one of them will have to step up while your gone .

I just booked a month off, I know its going to turn to $#!t and I will have a mess to clean up when I'm back, but I will deal with it then and enjoy my month off.
prktkljokr is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old Today, 01:02 AM   #2916
.:4:.
Kicking back

Quote:
Originally Posted by prktkljokr View Post
Book your holiday, switch off and don't give it another thought, ( I know easier said than done ) but its not your problem its theirs, you are entitled to take holidays whenever you need them, maybe one of them will have to step up while your gone .

I just booked a month off, I know its going to turn to $#!t and I will have a mess to clean up when I'm back, but I will deal with it then and enjoy my month off.
Well, time off is an entitlement. And yes if you are the one of few who you work with who are competent, yes you do come back to a shit show. One would like to think that the employer sees that and gets up others, but from my personal experience its not the case.
Worst one for me was when i did myself in and had to take 6 weeks off. Came back with only 1 arm working properly and the office had bumped back most my jobs the whole time because they werent confident in the ability of the other guys for those jobs. **** me dead, we all have the same job description, nothing about any of these jobs was out of said job description. If you can't do a job in your job description, isnt that reason enough to not have a job???
.:4:. is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 01:22 AM   #2917
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Draw a line in the sand. Tell them to get ****ed mate.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 09:09 AM   #2918
1970XW351
Angry Dub Driver

DFB FGXR6, I can relate as I have some sort of inferiority complex that won't allow me to put in less than 100% at all times for my employer, despite the lack of accolades, remuneration or even a thanks. This, in the face of other workers who would be flat out getting out of the way of a rampaging crocodile if it wandered up to them with intent to maim while they were having a yarn.

Anyway, this is still a work in progress with me but I am finally coming around to not feeling guilty about leaving others to pick up the slack in my absence. There comes a time when you just have to bite the bullet and take some time for yourself. After all, your employers won't be there at your funeral if you work yourself to death for them. In fact, judging by your posts on the subject, they'd probably be ****ed that you took the day off!

I know it's hard to get out of the mindset, but you need to try for your own good. Who knows, they may surprise you and actually be decent about it.

Cheers, Tony
1970XW351 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old Today, 09:16 AM   #2919
onemanempire
Sharper than a marble
Donating Member3

Quote:
I know I'm a broken record on this topic, so sorry to bring it up again but I have no outlet to vent this. Shortly after I announced intention to take extended leave starting in October and hopefully lasting until mid-January, the company took on
Snipped for readability
I'm going to take a more cynical look at this situation.

Ask yourself this:

If the company goes into receivership what happens to all of your entitlements? Do they disappear like a fart in the wind? I'm not interested in hearing from you: "the company is solid blah blah blah". It does happen.

There was a computer shop in Adelaide a lot of years ago. It owed a shit tonne of $$$$ to ALOT of businesses. Instead of paying up, it closed down. Reopened under a different name, different owner etc etc etc, and happy days... for them. A whole lot of unpaid cashola, and didley squat the suppliers could do about it.
Just saying...

I'm a positive kinda guy, but at the same time, some what cynical, while being a realist.

End of the day it's your call. Feeling guilty doesn't pay your bills. Being shafted only makes you start thinking dark thoughts.

And as I said earlier, your just a cash cow, regardless of how they treat you, or don't treat you.

My grandad worked for the Royal Australian mint for 40+ years. Never had a day off. True. When he retired he got a gold watch as a thanks. Nice gesture I thought.

Imagine all that sick leave that went up in smoke. Yes as it's a government position, and as such, he was paid what was owed. My point being, there was never any doubt that he would get what was owed. No question about it.

Can you sleep easy at night also having the same security? We both know the answer to this...

You've got a tonne of mad transferable skills, and don't need the internal aggro of "doing the right thing".
I'm not suggesting that you take a flame thrower to the bridge you've so meticulously built over the years, but I am suggesting perhaps you look at it from a different perspective, the perspective of "What if?". Protect yourself.

Think it over. From what you have said, there's only one loser here.

One Man.
Old Today, 09:42 AM   #2920
onemanempire
Sharper than a marble
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970XW351 View Post
DFB FGXR6, I can relate as I have some sort of inferiority complex that won't allow me to put in less than 100% at all times for my employer, despite the lack of accolades, remuneration or even a thanks. This, in the face of other workers who would be flat out getting out of the way of a rampaging crocodile if it wandered up to them with intent to maim while they were having a yarn. snipped to save bandwidth Cheers, Tony
1000% nodding in agreement with you there Tony. I also suffer from the 100% syndrome. A lot of the people at work don't talk to me as I get a few "cream" delivery jobs. I don't ask or expect them. They just come my way. I didn't think anything like that until yesterday, when a large obese truck driver moans about having to deliver 14 pallets to 5 different places. He says "when am I going to get some cream jobs"?
I was sitting in the office waiting for the logistics coordinator to put a run together for me, and heard this. Didn't mean much at the time, but thinking about it during the 12.5 hour day I had, he was looking at me when he said the cream job comment. Boss said to me after he walked out "he's done FCK all today and expects to get the good jobs..."

I don't complain. I just do what I am asked as best as I can, in the most efficient way possible. I like to challenge myself by beating my previous delivery time, makes my day more interesting, oh, and the fact that I love a challenge helps.
I totally love my job, as this is the FIRST JOB I have ever had, where I get the most important thing to me. RESPECT.

I tell it like it is, and lick no ones a-r-s-e, EVER. If I don't like you I don't talk to you. Simple. If I do like you, I will be the nicest funniest friendly, helpful kinda human bean as I can be. Not *** licking, just respectful, and more over grateful that I have, at the moment, the bestest work environment I have eva had.
The icing on the cake is: there is no time clock, no clocking on, or clocking off. No one cares if your early, or late. It's so casual, but at the same time super busy. That's transport for you.
It's the first time in my life that I wake up happy about going to work. Maybe being sober for 5+ months has also had something to do with it.
Went from nearly a bottle of Turkey a day for 8 years to zero. 1st two weeks sucked big time. But all better now.

All the best

One Man.
Old Today, 10:45 AM   #2921
Itsme
Experienced Member

DFB FGXR6, nothing wrong venting your frustrations, go for it, I think it is about time you should sit down with your management and have a discussion on how you feel. If you are a valued employee, they should understand your concerns and be accommodating to your needs, if not then it is time to consider your future options as to whether you stay or move on.
I had to do this two times in my working career walking away from good jobs, and to be honest felt better afterwards.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old Today, 12:40 PM   #2922
ford71V8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why did the other employee hand in her notice so soon?
ford71V8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 02:02 PM   #2923
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

DFB
You’re a great employee - don’t let their business run the course of your due time off.
You’ve done that enough for years.
Remember
You work to live not live for work !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 03:43 PM   #2924
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:

I think you asked me some time ago why I didn't take on an apprentice and this here is the reason I won't.

Hope everything works out for you.

roKWiz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 03:56 PM   #2925
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roKWiz View Post
I think you asked me some time ago why I didn't take on an apprentice and this here is the reason I won't.

Hope everything works out for you.
Maybe DFB apprentice has seen through the employer's attitude towards their workers, cuts both ways imo.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 04:13 PM   #2926
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Maybe DFB apprentice has seen through the employer's attitude towards their workers, cuts both ways imo.
and maybe they haven't, deciding there's something better somewhere else.

There a lot to be said for indenturing apprentices so they can't leave.

roKWiz is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old Today, 05:14 PM   #2927
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

One of the things they teach you in the mental health first aid course is that, just like physical first aid, for you to be able to render assistance to someone else, you need to be in an OK state yourself.

For you, dfb, I see your situation the same. From what you post here, it seems to me that your allegiance to the company is partly, maybe even majorly, driven by you seeing the vulnerability of the business without you.

And that may well be the case. But if you're not giving yourself enough time to be able to maintain your well-being (mentally, physically and emotionally) then the time will come where you're not going to be in a position to help them.

I respect your allegiance and dedication, but you must put your own well being as the first and foremost priority. You need time away from the business. And the business needs to learn to survive without you there, even if it is for relatively short periods.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post