Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 07-11-2020, 06:16 PM   #1
aussiblue
FG XR6 Ute & Sedan
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Has been floating around the oze tech section for a long time and is always there to give advice when people have an issue. 
Default Re: Fuel Sender Ohm Convertor

I just remembered I also have this that I haven't used for decades (well at least many years before I passed the EH Holden Panel Van that I inherited from my grandfather via my father) onto my nephew. It is in a Litchfield Tool Labelled Cardboard Box but Googling it today by the tag on the Box suggests https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/ndQAA...ttA/s-l400.jpg it is an OTC tool sold by John Deere but perhaps like John Deere Litchfield also sold it. The plastic Case has a "Serviceguard" Label on the front and what looks like a thermal printed label "JT01633". Very similar to the VDO tester. It could also be used to work out what the value of and additional resister connected in series would need to be to make a gauge work correctly. I know it is going a bit off topic but I thought I would post as it might be helpful for anyone with similar issues to the original OP.

BTW I had to add an inline resistor to the temperature sender in my NB Fairlane as being a prototype with a unique prototye dash cluster and temp sender, I could not get a replacements sender that would work with the gauge so it was a matter of playing with a laser thermometer and my resistance wheel to get it all working; I could have perhaps also have similarly used the Serviceguard calibrator if I had thought of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GaugeTester2small.jpg (40.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg gaugetester6small.jpg (37.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg GaugeTester3small.jpg (29.9 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg gaugetester5small.jpg (38.2 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Gaugetester4small.jpg (44.4 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by aussiblue; 07-11-2020 at 06:39 PM.
aussiblue is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: