Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-06-2006, 04:51 PM   #1
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!
Default heres an interesting fact.

Now to start with i got told this today from the bloke who rebuilt my auto. he seems to know everything about every gearbox.

anyway when i picked it up he asked me if my car had a tranny cooler. i told him a had just bought one and that i was contremplating whether or not i still use the radiator aswell. heres where it gets interesting.

he said EA-ED have barely any troubles with the oil core in the radiator breaking down, where as in the EF onwards it's a big problem. he said he replaces at least 1 radiator a week in these later model cars.

then he said that the reason is because of the THERMO FANS. he was told that the electro magretic field produced by the fan motors induced a voltage into the radiator, which in turn causes electrolisys (or whatever it is) in turn breaking down the cores alot faster. then he continued to say that he had been talking to some ford dude about it and was told that 'apparently' they earth the 2 fan motors to the thermostat and this normally stops it happening.

now i don't know if it's true but it makes sense to me as i have learnt all about that electrical crap. what do yas think?

EB Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post