Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-08-2024, 10:15 AM   #1
onemanempire
Sharper than a marble
Donating Member3

Default Council parking fine help: word smiths NEED apply please..

Hi Guys and Girls,
A friend of mine was recently issued a ticket from the local council (Salisbury, South Australia). I parked her car there while I was working on my 2 FG II Ecoboosts in the driveway. (picture of parking offence at end of this post)
I am in the process of fighting it. I am seeking some suggestions on the wording, so I can get this waived.

All of the info below is true and correct. Here is what I have drafted so far. It needs to be dealt with before the 24th of this month.
Thanks in advance guys,

One Man.

============== begin email draft ===============

My name is Jan xxxxxx, I live at 11 xxxx Ave.

I was recently issued with an expiation notice for “Stop on a path, Dividing strip, or Nature Strip” on the 30th July 2024, Expiation notice number: P253849.

I was in hospital at the time of the offence. My date of admission to the Lyell McEwin Hospital was Friday the 5th of July 2024.
I am still in palliative care, currently residing at Lutheran Homes Group Hope Valley.

I wish to explain the circumstances of the parking offence if I may.

I was unable to drive my car at the time the notice was issued, as I was in Hospital.
I was in the process of moving the contents of my garage to my daughters house when I became ill.

My friend offered to help me finish the garage clear out and inadvertently parked my car across the road, not knowing that it was in fact a non parking zone.

There are no signs to state that you may not park on the grass. There is however, a yellow road marking line that indicates you may not park on the road itself, this is accepted as a known
road rule. To the best of my knowledge, my car was only there for a very short time, and caused no-one any interruption or inconvenience, and moreover, posed no safety concerns.

I am truly sorry that this has happened and ask to seek some leniency in this matter, due to the nature and circumstances of the offence.
I am 80 years old and a widowed pensioner, with a very limited if not meagre income. If it was not for the help of my family and friends, I would be in fulltime residential care.

Regards,
Jan.

============== end of email draft ==============