Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-02-2023, 03:56 PM   #1
Trevor 57
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Angry Ford Ranger PXII & PXII Electric Steering

{MODS - if possible, please leave this in The Pub, I think it is beneficial for all to see}

My Sept 2016 Ford Ranger PXII has electric power steering (apparently PXI and early PXII's have hydraulic power steering), it needs a new (electric) steering rack as a result of a whoopise. A panel beater is dealing with it, he also has another PX Ranger in his workshop also needing a (electric) steering rack.

The panel beater has ordered 2 from the local Ford dealer and has been told 'they are on back-order'. So I tried for them another source, so I contacted a mate who owns a suspension store. He is able to access after-market hydraulic power steering racks, but not electric as Ford won't provide details. According to the after-market provider Ford are not manufacturing them anymore as required under law, they are required (by law) to supply parts for 10 years after manufacture of a model ceases. I am not sure when the last of the PXIII's rolled off the assembly line in Thailand, but it is not more than 10 years ago

Ford are breaking the law, I have been advised to contact the ACCC and the Ombudsman to lodge an official complaint, apparently there are hundreds of PXII's and PXIII's across Australia waiting on electric steering racks and apparently Ford don't give a shyte, all requests are being met with 'they are on back-order'.

So if you are one waiting for a steering rack or if you know someone who is waiting for a steering rack, lodge a complaint.

As a long time Ford purchaser and supporter this is very disappointing to hear.

I will post up the contact details of where to lodge a complaint

EDIT:
ACCC - https://www.accc.gov.au/contact-us/c...consumer-issue

Last edited by Trevor 57; 21-02-2023 at 04:08 PM.
2 users like this post: