Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-10-2021, 07:48 PM   #10
Ben73
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Is this for regional NSW? Commonwealth opened up an extra 100 GPs to administer pfizer during the sydney outbreak in the hot spot areas, and had to re-route supplies from the regionals. Which is why regionals are running "behind". There have been people from regional NSW coming out and saying their appointments were abruptly cancelled during that period.
I live in the Hunter New England health district so I have been paying a lot of attention to this area.
I know a few months ago people who had their covid vaccine appointments booked were contacted and told their appointment is canceled and postponed due to their vaccine being rerouted to Sydney so HSC students could get a priority.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-...hool/100329316

So HNE district is about 1/8 of the NSW population, but now is about 1/5 of daily Covid cases.
So now we have quite high covid cases and also more unvaxxed and single vaxxed people in lockdown due to vaccines being rerouted. Then you have people on here saying "ShOuLd HaVe BoOkEd EaRlIeR"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsnake View Post
Why not tell everyone what your DTP means, I have not got the slightest idea that I have had or need boosting with a vaccine I never knew I had or needed, assuming D = diphtheria would T = tetanus and P?...and I could google but I want you to tell me and others who don't really know what it is, and, why without it I and others cannot participate in society!

Pertussis. It's whopping cough.

I picked that vaccine because I know you should get booster shots even though many people don't.

Right now you could get the booster shot within a week if you wanted. I got mine early this year with very little notice.

However if there was a breakout suddenly everyone would want a booster shot and no doubt everywhere would be booked out for weeks or months.
Would it be ok for the government to say
"Oh well you can't go anywhere now until you get it, you should have got it before the breakout when it was just recommended but not compulsory to live a normal life"

As I have said, I'm not anti vax, I just think everyone should be treated equally. Restrictions for vaccinated should only be lifted when everyone has had an equal opportunity. Even though NSW as whole is approaching 80% vaccinated, in some regional areas they are only approaching 60% vaccinated.

What has also double down my position of treating everyone equally is the rising cases of vaccine elitists online.
My cousin just received her second covid dose a couple of weeks ago and she was straight online with her holier than thou attitude bagging out everyone who wasn't vaccinated like they are low life scum even though she was one of them up until recently. Unfortunately this attitude has become more common recently.
Hence my post about DTP vaccines. Personally I'm good, screw everyone else right?
That's how we act now I believe?