Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 17-03-2006, 05:04 PM   #27
Quadcams
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Gecko this is in no way degrading your time just some food for thought.
Taking in mind first pass 13.66@104 (2.10 60ft)
MPH
Your first pass you do a 104mph then do a 117pmh next pass you would think alot of extra power is needed for a 13mph increase even after cooling down.
Now have a look at it (13.19 slip) from the 1000ft you take 1.990 sec from 1000ft to 1320ft(finish) the car next to you takes 1.992 (rembering his mph-112.98) therefor both cars have taken the same time to travel the same distance which is saying they should be running the same mph simple physics.
MY trapspeed correction chart came to the same conclusion, on the chart your 117 was corrected to 113.1 all other mph on both slips were correct.

ET
Then looking at the progression times 330, 660, 1000ft are the same (time between each point) very similar to times similar conditions (RA-1400ft) I have done with similar 60ft untill the 1000ft mark then things go haywire (in other words showing some sort of timing falt at the 1000ft mark onwards which was showing you were heading for a high 13.3 to low 13.4 according to your inproved 60ft (2.039).

Dont get me wrong I would be stoked and amazed to see that a unopened boss could achieve those figures.

The only way to confirm that slip and silence the critics would run it again atleast 3 passes.
If you back it up well we have a new title contender if not you know the timing boards were out.

Mate I hope you do its all good for us boss owners :sm_headba
Quadcams is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post