Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-10-2016, 11:04 PM   #1
xr8cam

Default Doesn't like superchargers

Now before you all lynch me, I LOVE superchargers nearly as much as I love V8 Falcons. Now I will probably never own a blown FG XR8 so I have been drooling over all the YouTube reviews from the usual car mags aswell as my personal favourite, the greatest driver in our land, John Bowe trying to hit 300km in a Herrod prepared Falcon. Now, one of these tools who compare the new R8 to the XR8 Sprint reckons the noise from the blower is no good and the holden is a better car. I can't believe any petrol head regardless of car brand, would say they prefer a V8 without a blower, seriously... Did this guy miss Mad Max I when he was a kid? The scene as the movie opens coming down on to the highway as the blown black coupe comes into view, the sound is one of life's pleasures.One of the reasons I love the performance Fords over the Holdens is the XR range was always unique and they all have something not on the rest of the range. The last Falcon does it again. Sticking with a great motor and developing it I prefer to just upping the capacity. Just my 2 cents. Long live the Windsor 5.0
xr8cam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post