Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-02-2016, 05:13 PM   #11
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: New to cycling

these things happen mate, all par for the course Shav , we take in stride (cry out of sight when no ones looking )
on a brighter note , what a magnificent day for getting out on the bike today , i try and not go the same routes every day , and best of intentions try and do 20 + k`s every time i go out, i dont always manage to to do it, just dont feel up to it sometimes,

lately my average has probably been about 17 + , but the last few days ive cracked it for low twentys , did 27 ish k`s today , average speed 20.2 kph , a little better than my usual.

As i mentioned not going the same way , i tried a different route today that took me from reservoir north to , jacana, glenroy, north coburg, east reservoir, thomastown , then back to reservoir north with some different roads and bike paths , and at the end of it while feeling a little puffed i actually felt like i could have gone another 10 or 15 k`s , so i think my fitness level is coming up , i can even notice the hills are disappearing with a bit more speed, so im pretty happy all around at the moment .
I think my bike is set up pretty good now as well which no doubt is helping,
i bought some nice alloy mountain bike down hill pedals the other day as the cheapie 10 dollar made in china oem ones where clicking and grinding annoyingly.
im pretty happy with the new big pedals, they suit my size 14 boot, and have nice pins to stop feet slipping off, they look like they are serviceable too,
but im not sure on that one,
Pinner dh flat pedal 362 if any one is interested in a nice big flat pedal with no bells and whistles, a little on the pricey side though $129 i paid..
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post: