Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2015, 12:09 AM   #11
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FG X, The Last EVER Falcon - Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickadutd View Post
I was lucky enough to drive the upcoming 5.0 Mustang (American import LH drive) the other day at a track in Victoria. I'm happy to report that my FG X XR8 is noticeably quicker than the Stang. It wasn't timed or anything but it certainly felt quicker. The kick back on the 8 feels so much more powerful. The ride in the 8 also feels more firm than the Mustang but I'm sure the Stang will feel different with the 19s on and the lower profile tyres. The exhaust note of the Mustang is better at idle than the 8 though. So after driving the Mustang and feeling a little underwhelmed it makes me so happy to know that I have bought a car of exceptional value for the money in the XR8.
I went to Klosters Newcastle yesterday, had a LH drive mustang. Looked good on outside, internal switchgear vintage, leather seats nicer quality leather than FGX XR8. Very small inside, no rear legroom.

Opened engine, very basic engine/engineering. Engine revved, mate who was previous Mustang owner said it sounded tinny and throttled back.

Went to my FGX XR8 opened hood, mate looked in and said it looks like...money. Revved engine, he said it sounded much more aggressive with bark than the Mustang.

Based on what I heard and saw only, I am not surprised by your observations as to how the Mustang went compared to the FGX XR8, and I have no regrets buying FGX XR8 instead of going the mustang.

My mate's wife wants a mustang, my mate concluded saying he is going to get an FGX XR8.

Take a bow Ford Australia, FPV and Prodrive- you built one hell of a vehicle in the FGX XR8....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender

Last edited by asagaai; 12-07-2015 at 12:25 AM.
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
8 users like this post: