Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > AU Falcon.com.au

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #1
ben131185

Default what do you expect from your mechanic?

dropped off the au at the local mechanics this morning for a service.
he asked if it's running alright, i said "yep, pretty good. but sometimes a bit rough at idle, maybe its the plugs or something" he replies "we won't do that on a minor service..."

i found this to be a bit annoying...

aren't these the things that are meant to be diagnosed at a service?

i can change the oil and filter myself for $30, so why would i pay someone a couple of hundred to just do the same thing?
the reason i take it in is because i expect a workshop to have tools/equipment/more experience than i do.

we've been taking the car there for a couple of years and spent a bit of cash in there, i don't have any prob's with paying for what needs to be done, i just want to keep the car in good condition.

also in the past, this mechanic has highlighted this and that needs doing when i pick the car up at the end of the day, and said to bring it back when i want it done. mechanics i've been to in the past normally call and say "this needs doing and the cost will be $$$, do u want us to do it?".... yep get it done.
its a bit of a pain in the *** as then i have to book the car in again, find time to drop off/pick up and be without the car for another day.

should i be looking for another mechanic or am i expecting a bit much?

ben131185 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post