Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-05-2013, 10:49 PM   #38
69XWGT

Default Re: Ford Australia: THANK YOU

I've been a passionate fan since I saw my first Super Roo decal on an XWGT when I was 6 years old.
Watched my first Bathurst that year and was devastated when they didn't win.
The next couple of years made up for it though.
I had a dream. I wanted one of those XWGTs and I fulfilled it in 1989 and through thick and thin still have it. Will be my boys car one day
Had over a dozen Falcons over the years, plus other Fords
Never had an issue with an Australian built car. Only ever had a dud when it came from Europe.

Thank you to all the Ford staff that had the vision and passion to design and build us some truly inspiring cars.
Thank you to the staff on the factory floor bolting everything together.
Thank you to the true believers that knew what the Australian car industry was about.

I feel like I've lost a family member. I sit here crying at our loss.
I am deeply saddened and bitterly disappointed.

I'm just a fan. I can't imagine how the employees at Geelong or Broady would feel.

I think of people like Geoff Polites that bled blue and had a passion for both the company and the cars. I think what it could have been like if the Bill Bourkes and the Geoff Polites of this world were still running Ford Australia.

A big thank you to those who championed the Ford Australia cause.

and a big F you to Ford Asia Pacific, and Ford head office for betraying the very people that lived and breathed your product. A Big F you for giving us a revolving door of septic tank CEO's that knew nothing about the Australian car industry and were university graduates rather than passionate car people
Mays and Mulally can get stuffed too. You can keep your badly built Mustang and you can your dog ugly Taurus and until you start making that European garbage more suitable to Australian conditions you can keep that too.
Don't bother with your F150 F250 they're about as reliable as a Lada
69XWGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post: