Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 14-07-2011, 01:39 AM   #10
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

Default Re: FYI: Tax rates going up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosworthfreak
In your opinion. You could not definitively say that Julia Gillard had every intention of introducing the tax when she made that statement. That's what it would need to be for her to lie. It may have been a mistake for her to make that statement, but I don't believe she lied.
Not an opinion ..... I am sorry but just cannot see the logic in that as I read it a few times trying to see it but I just cannot.

Nope .... read it again. Very hard to qualify a lie

Quote:
It appears to me that the opinions expressed in this topic are more based on hatred and emotion than on common sense, and this may well be a result of the uncertainty of how the carbon tax will affect people. It's certainly not helped by the misinformation and scare campaign being waged by the opposition.
Few points on that one .....

Scare campaign? I dont understand this either and have heard a few people say it. How is it scaring people? The facts are out ..... if they cannot be supported so be it. You can have opposing views, ask questions and if these are answered end of story .... done and dusted. But they are not being answered. Maybe they are scary questions?

Not based on hatred ..... based on a massive concern for a tax that no one understands .... even those who invented it and with an out come that is all theory, no substance and with a lot more to loose (so it seems) to what is to be gained (as it is all guess work)

Quote:
It has been very one sided, and I suspect many who don't agree with the views expressed in the first few pages of this thread (especially) would be reluctant to get involved for fear of personal attack on an alternative view, something that started to occur once some alternative views were expressed. I see that you responded sarcastically (and inappropriately for a moderator) to a previous comment, so I don't know how you haven't expressed a view either way.
For a mod>? Sorry if I cannot have an opinion and if I happen to sound or appear to be sarcastic ..... well it shows that we are human and just like you and everyone else! Now there's something that many wouldn't have realized! There are other mods and admin and if I come across as having to much excitement in a post I will be pulled up ...... just like all the others out there!

And as far as that post goes ..... What more could be said but thanks.

Quote:
The devil is in the detail, and you're correct in that how this is implemented could be a problem. It is inevitable that the cost of living will increase, but the only real fact is that this will happen regardless of a carbon tax. From what I've seen of the details of the new tax, the cost of living will not increase for alot of people, although this is being actively misreported by some sections of the media.
Yep .... devil is in the detail ..... and no one knows the detail. Even little things like ..... "Who are the secret 500?" And why is it being misreported when NO ONE knows how much this will effect everyone in the longer short term? LOTS of questions being asked and nothing being answered. Cant believe so many agree with it without questioning .......
Quote:
Sounds like something Tony Abbott has said, and I take everything he says with a bag of salt (not just a grain).
No it wasnt ...... and wasnt a politician.

But you can believe ... "There will be no carbon tax while .......... "? because it wasn't a lie .... just a mistruth?

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Auslandau; 14-07-2011 at 01:46 AM.