Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > MotorSport > Drag Racing

Drag Racing Discuss Drag Racing here be it dirt or tarmac. Sponsored by Sydney Dragway.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-05-2011, 12:26 AM   #1
drcoupe
1975 XB Falcon 500 Coupe

Default Traction XB Coupe

G'Day

I am a drag racing novice about to go down and give it a crack but I am struggling to get the power down with my current street tyres (295/60/15). I have decided to buy some Mickey Thompson ET Streets to help out either 275/60/15 or 315/60/15, I have an XB coupe so I have a bit of room however the 315's may be tight and it would probably be easier just to go the 275's. Does anyone know what benefits there will be persisting with the 315's over the 275's or will the difference be negligible? Also are there any tyre pressure recommendations and as I am buying a couple of new 15 x 10 rims for the M/T's does it matter what rims I buy ie: is there any benefit buying a particular rim type? Lastly I have GTHO springs on the back and Koni adjustable shocks should I be aiming to soften the shocks to assist with traction?

Thanks for your help.

DR

drcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post