Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2011, 06:58 PM   #35
Spudz27
Call me Spud

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT_5L
I think the Police do an amazing job. If you asked me this back when i was 18 i'd have prob said that they were a bunch of *^#*$^* but after growing up i've realised just what they do. I know its a pain in the *** getting done for speeding but in all honesty the government implies speed restrictions to keep the community safe and us safe on the road, all the Police do is enforce it. I suppose when you have seen as much carnage, dead bodies etc they have you would understand why its for our own safety to do the speed limit.
I also heard an interesting statistic not sure if its true or not but apparently traffic policing is only 20% of their jobs, the rest is dealing with the scum that we have no idea about unless it has directly effected us. And to think they put their lives in harms way for the same money a plumber would make for changing a leaking tap. Well done guys!

See I gained respect for the cops at 18. I overtook an unmarked car (it was a nissan patrol ute) anyway it was an 80 zone, they caught up with headlights flashing and indicator on, as their dash was too high for me to see the light, Thinking they were someone with road rage I floored it reaching at least 130kph, they caught up again, I stuck my finger up and took off again, anyway at the T Junction they caught up to me (I would slow down after getting a gap), I pulled over got out to abuse them and saw the light on the dash. These guys were cops from Jandakot's airwing, so he asked me what I was doing, I replied being stupid, I was also on my P's. He told me a few things that could be defected on my car (XE wagon) then gave me a talking to. It ended with a written warning and a comment "I was the same at your age let this be a lesson" from then on I have respected them, even if I thought I was being picked on. The other thing to remember is show some respect and they will return it (most of the time).

Last edited by Puffin Fresh; 08-01-2011 at 07:14 PM.
Spudz27 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post