Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Fiesta, Festiva and Ka

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-09-2010, 01:56 AM   #1
Swordsman88
Getting it done.....

Default Wierd indicator flashing upon closing??

Hey guys

Have done a quick search but found nothing. My mum has reported an interesting feature of her WP 2005 Zetec. Upon closing of the boot sometimes the indicators will flash. Upon further questioning she has told me it appears to flash all the indicators (just like when you lock the car doors with the central locking) when you close the boot. It appears to only happen when the rest of the car is already locked (i.e seems to denote the car is now fully 'locked'). Is this a feature of the WP/WQ etc. or is really happening randomnly and just a loose wire or something?

From my experience with falcons etc. i am not aware of such a feature on any other ford products (or any other car??). Either this car is doing something wierd with its wiring or my mum is right and its a nifty little setup from the germans to denote the car is now fully 'locked' etc.....

thanks for any help guys

Now with:
Pacemaker 4499s
Lukey Catback Exhaust
Chrome BA XR-style tip
Airdam Mounted CAI with modified (bellmouth) airbox
Trip Computer install
KYB shocks
Bridgestone Adrenalin tyres

Coming Soon:
Exhaust Overhaul.....
Swordsman88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post