Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-09-2009, 10:12 AM   #11
GT69
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrenaline
If morons like Joshua Dowling among other journos didn't contantly pan the XR8 for being slower than the I6T, it might have sold a little better.

I still remember reading the holy grail of stupidity where the XR8, XR6T and SS were tested in Drive(?) recently - the XR8 was criticised for being too slow and something along the lines of "not going as good as it sounds". The SS was praised for its V8 performance. I read this, then look down the page to see that the XR8 recorded a superior acceleration time than the SS. Absolute joke.

The media has given the XR8 such a bad name, it really is undeserved.
I remember that well, infact i was thinking at the time (but didn't want to bump the thread) People were saying it wasn't biased. The article PROTECTED both Holden cars by not bring the XR6 along, what the heck was the 6T doing there int the first place? It has no direct competitor. I believe the articlec wrote something along the lines of 'The SV6 was a few 1000 dollars cheaper than al others'....well so's the XR6.
And then stated the SS was still a better car than the XR8.

In plan english, the article reads - If you want a 6 turbo, buy the ford, if you want anything else, by the holden.

No wonder the poor XR8 is getting killed in the sales.

The 6T is a god send for journos who are holden fanboys. Because alot of people want an 8. They can openly say how fantastic the 6T is.....BUT if you WANT a V8...the SS is the ONLY option.

Even when all the fords beat the pants off the holden line up, plus ford then offer a world beating 6T as well.

I will say this though, yes the boss wasn't received as well as it should have, alittle hard when the engine wasn't up to scratch on release. Made harder by being out gunned by its stable mate. Once coyote is introduced, i believe sales of all Ford V8's will pick up. There's no price difference/license restriction differences between the 6T and a V8, and depending who your with, a minor insurance difference. I firmly believe that when the V8 is the top power option again (and i mean REAL top power, not just a badge difference of a few KW's) you will see turbo people jump back on the V8 bandwagon.

I have said before, i have a 6T, and i love the thing, I can drive it to work, home and then to the coast, its properly fast and anyone seeing the badge on the back know's it. BUT, it is my intention to keep the 6T, for work and running around, and buy a V8 for those coast trips.

hell im a bachelor, I already spend to much on cars....what do i care about a few extra litres of fuel over a few kilometres?

Current Ride - 2013 Ford Ranger, XLT 4x4, ARB kitted brick
Former Current ride - 09 XR6T in Octane, with a pinch of Sports pack
Weekender - Ford Cortina 1969 coupe
Project - 1968 Ford Cortina 4 door
GT69 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post