Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-04-2007, 06:21 PM   #1
MADED-6
MADED.6

Default tips on how to get a better 1/4 time

well i went to calder park on friday night and my best time was 15.41 at 92.28mph (i thought it was a little higher but i was wrong) i was hoping my car could run mid-low 14's
now i think it still could because on that run my times were
60ft - 2.446
660ft - 9.995 at 73.12mph
ET - 15.410 at 92.28mph
no on that run i got a fair bit of spin in 1st and 2nd gear and i am not a very fast shifter and never flat shift or anything.
i got told to flat shift 3rd to 4th and go really hard from 2nd to 3rd i dont do this beacuse i dont think i am quick enough.
i thought i was going to get a 14 but missed third because i got 1 2.2 60ft time but as i said i missed third in a bad way and thought i stuffed my gearbox.
now i am going to the aff drag day next month at heathcote and would like to get some good times there.

my car consist of a fully rebuilt bottom end with slightly higher comp acl race pistons (9.2:1) and then headwork done by swanny (trick_xd) and a dev5 cam and just paccie 4499's and 2.5inch exhaust. it is manual with a b&m short shifter and it has 3.7 diff gears. i was running 205/65r15's on the night at 27psi then i tried 20psi and still couldnt get grip. now as i said my 60ft times are getting better but still need alot of work as i am getting spin should i let th clutch out slower or wat. i am frustrated as i just spent $4,000 rebuilding the motor and it feels alot better than it used to and gives alot of cars a run for there money. i can beat my brother in his au3 xr8 by a little bit and i smoke ba's and the sort.
sorry for having such a long thread hopefully someone can help me out.
cheers josh.

MADED-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post