Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

Default Do you think its blown??

Well this is my old clutch.

I have had many people say it is the worst blown clutch they have ever seen.
The ford service place said that it wasn't covered by warranty and they wanted to charge me $4000 for replacement parts alone. I told them I was going to go elsewhere as that is a rip off and to cut a long story short I landed up getting a textralia clutch through Craig at ACE and it costed me $2200 fully installed including all the towing of the car back and forth.
I am never taking my car back to that certain ford dealership ever again as they left dirty hand marks all over the car, scratched the car and just did a horrid job of touching it up (probably hoping we wouldn't notice), refused to fix certain warranty issues as they say all BAs are like that (does everyone else have wobbly right front side indicators), left dirty screws on my leather seats, after the clutch was fixed they said it was all wrong due to the shudder, the reverse lights weren't working and they wouldn't fix it cause they said it was due to the gearbox being put back in (which wasn't done by the ford service department) and then when we got the reverse lights fixed the mechanic said there was a broken wire from when the gearbox was dropped out (which was done by the ford service department). There is plenty more to add to this list too.
:jab: :