Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 10-07-2007, 12:22 AM   #1
csv8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Question FOCUS WRC-S and its not coming here.!!

Ford has announced a new special-edition Focus exclusive to the Spanish market called the WRC-S. Despite the fancy name, it's mechanically identical to the existing Focus 2.0 TDCi. The 136-horsepower WRC-S is limited to 666 units, each of which sports the Focus ST's bodywork, is painted white, and wears the graphics package you see above, combining a checkered-flag motif, the WRC logo, and each car's serial number. 10-spoke 18" wheels round out the external features.

Inside, the black seats are trimmed with Alcantara and feature white piping and contrast stitching. Bluetooth, dual-zone climate control, and a leather-wrapped wheel are also standard, and each car is signed by BP-Ford World Rally Team driver Marcus Grönholm, which certainly adds some interest and collector's appeal to what is otherwise an appearance package. The price is set at €23,895.

Last edited by csv8; 10-07-2007 at 12:25 AM. Reason: add foto
csv8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-07-2007, 09:23 AM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

unfortunately id only tap that if it had the XR5T engine in it... the TDCI seems to be a bit of a let down with such a sporty car.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2007, 04:52 PM   #3
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
unfortunately id only tap that if it had the XR5T engine in it... the TDCI seems to be a bit of a let down with such a sporty car.
Just drive one before you pass judgement...
Old 11-07-2007, 11:02 PM   #4
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetec
Just drive one before you pass judgement...
:P bahumbug rofl.

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 12:50 PM   #5
Funky
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by photn
+1. I don't see how they can make up the extra 65-odd KW that they are giving up to the XR5, but I s'pose it depends on what thay price converts to. Personally, I'll still keep my XR5
Funky is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 01:05 PM   #6
BlackLS

It produces the same amount of torque as the XR5, and if you had a 24 hour endurance race I recon it may be able to hold its own with the XR5, it'll need half the fuel stops
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 04:16 PM   #7
bman

Ford wont bring this here as the XR5 didnt sell all that great. Why would a company who is desperatly trying to keep it's head above water bring a car into this country that looks like another car that didnt sell very well......

- 17 x Ford Falcon XT BF - Within my Fleet -
- 4 x Ford Falcon XR6 BF - Within my Fleet -
- 110 x Mitsubishi Express - Within my Fleet -
- 2 x Hyundai iLoad - Within my Fleet -
bman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 04:56 PM   #8
tabac
Starter Motor

Last time I heard Ford sold every xr5 they bring in
tabac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2007, 05:33 PM   #9
FRA
Mr Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman
Ford wont bring this here as the XR5 didnt sell all that great. Why would a company who is desperatly trying to keep it's head above water bring a car into this country that looks like another car that didnt sell very well......
Your kidding US all in here aren't you
You couldn't get your hands on a XR5 for like 6 month+
You must be thinking about the ST170.
Cosworth: 2.5" high flow exhaust system, piston & rod 8.5.1 Ford Racing: Tail lights, engine cover, racing wing, cnc'd head, manifold, 70mm tb. Lentech: Torque Convertors with 23 spline input shaft, valvebody
Oz racing: WRC OBX: 4-2-1 race header
SCT: xcal3, dash scan.
FRA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2007, 04:34 PM   #10
bman

Ford are having trouble selling them. They moved like hot cakes in the first few months but now demand has dropped away big time.

FRA I could have gotten you an XR5 brand new from a dealer in a flash......

The best way to make people want something is to tell them they can not have it. It worked well for ford australia.....makes people value the car more. I know for a fact that this is the angle the marketing company took. They wanted a rare car, something that would make people say "what is that? is that a Ford?" and in truth it worked. But for the past 6 months dealers have been stocked up and people are not buying......

- 17 x Ford Falcon XT BF - Within my Fleet -
- 4 x Ford Falcon XR6 BF - Within my Fleet -
- 110 x Mitsubishi Express - Within my Fleet -
- 2 x Hyundai iLoad - Within my Fleet -
bman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2007, 06:57 PM   #11
Miyagi
fordxr5turbo.com

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman
Ford are having trouble selling them. They moved like hot cakes in the first few months but now demand has dropped away big time.

FRA I could have gotten you an XR5 brand new from a dealer in a flash......

The best way to make people want something is to tell them they can not have it. It worked well for ford australia.....makes people value the car more. I know for a fact that this is the angle the marketing company took. They wanted a rare car, something that would make people say "what is that? is that a Ford?" and in truth it worked. But for the past 6 months dealers have been stocked up and people are not buying......
The XR5T exists in a VERY competitive segment so it was always going to be a given that once the supply issues were sorted the majority of buyers (rather than early adopters) would review all their options.

You also need to consider the car has been released in AU for over a year so naturally interest / media coverage has reduced... enter Ford now doing more advertising on the car itself.