Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

View Poll Results: Who is going to win game 2
QLD 29 29.29%
NSW 22 22.22%
QLD and go on and win the series 27 27.27%
NSW and go on and win the series 3 games to Nil 24 24.24%
Doesn't bother me as I Don't follow League 16 16.16%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-05-2006, 09:23 PM   #1
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Location: Under the bonnet, trying to keep as clean as above!
Default State of Origin 2

well it might be a bit early but i thought i might start it off by saying Queensland are going to dominate NSW around Suncorp Stadium. i am saying this cause i believe the 'new' Queensland team took alot more out of origin 1 compared to NSW. game 2 will see a completely different QLD team out on the field (i don't mean the players i mean style of play). so everyone place your bets!

EB Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 09:26 PM   #2
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

nah never up the mighty blues. My cousin lives in QLD he was the first person i messaged to rub it in i think it will 5 series wins in a row to nsw
Old 25-05-2006, 09:30 PM   #3
CobraLeMans
Horsepower Addict

I hope QLD wins game 2 even though im a Blues fan. That way its guaranteed an awesome final and not just a non-event.
CobraLeMans is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 09:31 PM   #4
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

just wondering if one of the moderators would be able to let me change one of the poll choices.
Old 25-05-2006, 10:39 PM   #5
EF, What else?
A Bloke

I dont mean to annoy the NSW supporters with these comments, but the ARL has to look seriously QLD's recent performances. State of Origin is about QLD winning, not my words, the words of Gus Gould. And if NSW go on to win this series, the whole concept is going to take a real battering.
Old 25-05-2006, 10:41 PM   #6
Falcon Freak
Banned

Where is the "I don't follow/don't care/hate rugby" option?

FF
Falcon Freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 10:42 PM   #7
pennybrain
Heart of Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon Freak

FF

I totally agree. Why was this option not included?
pennybrain is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 10:46 PM   #8
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Quote:

FF
I agree, add the don't support league option.

*Let's keep the discussion polite eh*

Last edited by wulos; 25-05-2006 at 11:01 PM.
EF, What else? is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #9
Bax
Projecting

Quote:

FF
Wheres the I don't care - stay out of the thread option?
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 11:16 PM   #10
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

righto i'll add that option and change the NSW option to win all three games instead of the series (cause they will win the series if they win origin 2) if one of the moderators gets back to me.
Old 25-05-2006, 11:19 PM   #11
wulos
Forum Director

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind-the-scenes effort. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: For his advice, tips/tricks in the Art and Photography section of the Forum. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB Pete
righto i'll add that option and change the NSW option to win all three games instead of the series (cause they will win the series if they win origin 2) if one of the moderators gets back to me.
Option has been added / options altered....
wulos is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 11:24 PM   #12
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

QLD

I love that ad on Foxtel though (if I remember it correctly):

"Some people think State of Origin is a matter of life and death... Nah. It's much more serious than that!"

note: it's also the most watched tv program/broadcast this year in QLD.
Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-05-2006, 11:27 PM   #13
EB Pete
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman
QLD

"Some people think State of Origin is a matter of life and death... Nah. It's much more serious than that!"
well thats goin to be my quote from now on! love the game and it's the only thing that i look forward to each year. and thanks to the mods for adding/changing the poll options.

cheers pete
Old 26-05-2006, 10:47 AM   #14
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman
QLD

note: it's also the most watched tv program/broadcast this year in QLD.
As much as I don't give a stuff about the game the above is what makes me laugh when the Blues win !!
Qldlanders hate losing and it's been a long bleeding wound hasn't it :
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2006, 11:07 PM   #15
Noddy
Mercury Silver T3

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedriver
As much as I don't give a stuff about the game the above is what makes me laugh when the Blues win !!
Qldlanders hate losing and it's been a long bleeding wound hasn't it :
Whats that Maurie, is it a touch quiet where you are? Too busy picking your jaw up from the floor.lol See you in Melbourne you Blue baggers. :

2017 Magnetic Mustang

What to hear a tuff T3?
Click here
http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y30...ent=Movie2.mp4
Noddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-05-2006, 04:17 PM   #16
4.9 EF Futura
Official AFF conservative

Not coming from a league state, i'm technically indifferent. However, close friends of mine are bannana benders so i have a sentimental spot for QLD.

Even for a non-leaguer, origin is awesome to watch just for the hit ups. Bring back the biff!!!
Old 26-05-2006, 04:20 PM   #17
TheSneakiness
Adapt or perish...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4.9 EF Futura
Even for a non-leaguer, origin is awesome to watch just for the hit ups. Bring back the biff!!!
I think they should've left Hodges and Grothe go at it for a little while. Bloody refs breaking up great parts of the game.

Hopefully QLD will beat NSW at Suncorp, but only if they pick players who know how to play particular positions. Example being Steve Bell, he should've been in the centres, not on the wing.
Old 26-05-2006, 05:15 PM   #18
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Ok, Ive made my post Origin analogy.

Bowen to the bench, while I love watching him play, I think his spark is nullified starting in origin. Use him at the back end of the game, when the forwards start to tire, he always looks dangerous then. Hunt or Slater to fullback, Hunt has really developed his partnership with Lockyer this year. Slater and Lockyer looked lethal when playing in Origin together.

Bell and Hodges in the centres. Simple as that.

Wing: Inglis was alright, now we just need someone to fill the other slot. Williams is a huge loss, maybe Brenton Bowen?

Carroll back into lock, I personally think Dallas Johnson is overrated.

The front line is fine, Petro and Price just need someone to stand up and share the workload.

The backline is not as simple, the problem is that we are struggling with depth. Some of the rookies will have to be given another chance, only to a lack of viable alternatives. I just wish that Webb would be given permission to run riot, as Ive said before, instead of having the threat of suspension hanging over his head.

Lockyer and Thurston, if they fail again, one of them has to go. Lockyer has NEVER had a good game for QLD at 5/8. And Thurston is a 5/8, not a halfback, it ****ed me off that he is continually selected out of position.

And maybe all Queenslanders need to get on their knees and pray that Webcke can come out of rep retierment, I know he wont, and credit to him for sticking to his decision last year, but we can hope! _

I know that Queensland has in the past has built their team heavily with loyality in mind, but that was when Queensland were winning, the QLD era. We have lost 3 series in a row, 4 is not acceptable. And God forbid, if we lose 5 series in a row, 2 things could happen. Origin football will collapse forever, its all about QLD winning. Or, the QRL should select a team of players from the NRL and QRL who have no problems missing a few matches, and bring back the mongrel.
Old 27-05-2006, 02:23 AM   #19
ToxikXR
you've been dubbed..

Go the blues...

But... Lockyer needs to go to fullback, prince to halfback and thurston to 5/8. bowen interchange, bell to centres..
APR Turbo Back Exhaust, APR Torque Arm Insert, APR ECU, APR Fuel Pump, Oettinger Bodykit, Oettinger Intercooler, Oettinger RXX 19x8.5 Wheels, Dbilas Cold Air Induction, Neuspeed Front & Rear Swaybars, Forge Diverter Valve
Anthracite Leather, Sat Nav, Xenons, DSG, Sunroof, 20% Tint
ToxikXR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #20
big_pete
Sublime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxikXR
Go the blues...

But... Lockyer needs to go to fullback, prince to halfback and thurston to 5/8. bowen interchange, bell to centres..
i agree 100%

cant wait for game 2, i think QLD will win.
Old 27-05-2006, 04:34 PM   #21
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxikXR
Lockyer needs to go to fullback, prince to halfback and thurston to 5/8. bowen interchange, bell to centres..
Absolutely 100% correct!
WILDTRAKPX2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 06:47 AM   #22
DA68ZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by EB Pete
well it might be a bit early but i thought i might start it off by saying Queensland are going to dominate NSW around Suncorp Stadium. i am saying this cause i believe the 'new' Queensland team took alot more out of origin 1 compared to NSW. game 2 will see a completely different QLD team out on the field (i don't mean the players i mean style of play). so everyone place your bets!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
mate LOL dreaming
DA68ZA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 09:14 AM   #23
Bax
Projecting

I don't know about Lockyer, the guy seriously hasn't done anything exciting lately. He's lost his spark that he used to have. He used to run, get some gaps, be a decent playmaker and be able to find some spots downfield.

And more importantly, as a Captain, he is hopeless, he lacks direction, he lacks leadership. There was no talk during game 1, all the QLDers were just moping around. Where are the QUEENSLANDER chants, where is the fire. It's almost as though we've forgotten why we're playing, pride for our state. The commentators talk it up, about Buderis for example... Normally a calm guy, but threw a punch because Origin had fired him up. Well, I don't see QLDers taking it that passionately anymore.

Exactly right about Bowen getting brought on late, I did think he played well, he was probably one of the people that I wanted to see with the ball, but the poor little guy needs some help.

Petro Fridgeandafreezer, If we didn't need the pack weight I'd seriously be taking him out. I can't say I paid much attention to his defence so he may have been alright there, but they've got his number every other time, he just coasts up, turns to the side and puts his shoulder in and hopes he breaks through, he doesn't have the pace, doesn't have a step. And just doesnt really get anywhere these days.

And Tate.... He needs to take his coathanger out of his shirt and tuck his chin back into his head and get moving. He used to be alot better, he just seems to be lacking lately. Understand that Lockyer had a house game, and Tate received absolutely no good balls.. But he was all over the shop..
Bax is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-05-2006, 11:49 AM   #24
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Seems their is a push for Lockyer to go to Fullback, with Prince and Thurston in the halves. I'd love to see it, but do they have the balls to do it? And also, Lockyer hasnt played there for a few years, can he do it? And when will Alfie put his hand up? :evilsasmo

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0...-32463,00.html
Old 27-05-2006, 04:37 PM   #25
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF, What else?
Seems their is a push for Lockyer to go to Fullback, with Prince and Thurston in the halves. I'd love to see it, but do they have the balls to do it? And also, Lockyer hasnt played there for a few years, can he do it?
Mate, he played a period at fullback for Australia in the recent Anzac Test and it was like watching the Lockyer of old.
Old 27-05-2006, 04:49 PM   #26
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bax
And more importantly, as a Captain, he is hopeless, he lacks direction, he lacks leadership.
I think as a football brain, he is brilliant BUT you are dead right, he is too quiet and shows NO emotion whatsoever. Remember Big Artie, Wally, Gordie and even Big Mal screaming at their team mates under the sticks if things were going wrong. Passion and mongrel are essential requirements in this game and at the moment we have nothing.
Old 27-05-2006, 05:54 PM   #27
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I'd love the see Lockyer at either 5/8 or Fullback, wouldn't worry me. And Thurston at 5/8 if Lockyer is switched.

But DON'T ruin the team with Prince!! he's useless!! He was ok last year in the Tigers with Mashall there with him, but as he's shown, without Mashall there he sucks big time. He will not cope at origin level. If Price becomes our halfback - god help us.

BTW - It's supprising that so many people seem to ignore the fact that Lockyer was still one of the best Maroons on the ground, making many try saving tackles, setting up a few, and having all round a pretty good game. Thurston didn't take control enough (which Lockyer told him to do - as he was the halfback) and the forward pack never gave them enough room to perform as halves. When they did in the second half - we out scored NSW 16-3.

Last edited by Deadman; 27-05-2006 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:03 PM   #28
WILDTRAKPX2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Now our hit man Tonie Carroll is out, replaced by Jacob Lillyman ???
Old 28-05-2006, 12:12 AM   #29
Deadman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Don't know if anyone saw the Broncos game tonight against the Bulldogs (I still have about 15mins to go - watching the replay on ch9). After the performance tonight...

State or Origin 2:

Lockyer - 5/8
Hunt - Fullback

Simple!! :P
Old 05-06-2006, 03:58 PM   #30
EF, What else?
A Bloke

Bloody idiots dropped Matty Bowen from the team altogether! Why didn't Berrigan get the chop? Bowen did nothing to lose his spot. Im fuming right now, absolutely disgusting.

Queensland: Karmichael Hunt (Brisbane Broncos), Brent Tate (Brisbane Broncos), Justin Hodges (Brisbane Broncos), Steve Bell (Manly), Greg Inglis (Melbourne), Darren Lockyer (captain, Brisbane Broncos), Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland), Petero Civoniceva (Brisbane Broncos), Cameron Smith (Melbourne), Steve Price (New Zealand Warriors), Carl Webb (North Queensland), Tonie Carroll (Brisbane Broncos), Dallas Johnson (Melbourne). Interchange: Shaun Berrigan (Brisbane Broncos), Chris Flannery (Sydney Roosters), Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos), Nate Myles (Bulldogs).