Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-04-2006, 08:17 PM   #1
ON_DUBS
[ON DUBS]

Default the "ridiculous things ppl have told you" thread

allow me..

i was at a caryard today checking out an AU Forte with a nice bodykit on it.

salesman claimed it was the bodykit from the "GT"

i couldve said to him, excuse me, you are indeed a moron arent you. but i didnt. lol

Old 24-04-2006, 08:24 PM   #2
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

A chic once told me I was up myself... lol, what do they know, I'm perfect!e

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 08:34 PM   #3
Scott

When I bought my Pursuit, the guy I bought it off told me that he worked for FoMoCo when they bought out the new V6 in the AU's and that they were crap.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 09:14 PM   #4
aimzes
...fairly odd

two guys came round to check out a mates VH commo which was for sale. they pulled up in a mid 90s supra. after they checked out the vh we started to have a bit of a chat about cars in general.

anyway the bloke who owned the supra knew everything about them. aparently they (94 toyota supra) were sooo much better than old commos. which im not doubting at all. the reason was that the supra had a V6 and the old commo had a I6.
aimzes is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #5
Falcon_Phill
1967 XR Falcon

A guy at TAFE talking about his mates ford commodore, no ИИИИ. ИИИИin moron.
Old 24-04-2006, 09:31 PM   #6
Dav0
"Saddam your sooo emo"-JH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon_Phill
A guy at TAFE talking about his mates ford commodore, no ИИИИ. ИИИИin moron.
like the toyota falcon power by a 350 chev :
Dav0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 10:08 PM   #7
Gilesie
You gotta pay to play

The XW gt that the sales guy swore was ridgey didge
I was just surprised that it started out life as a 6 seater.

2003 Mazda Bravo (work truck)

1979 F100 Ambo
Gilesie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 10:09 PM   #8
HLC
Audi S3

a friend of mine (well he isnt really my friend, but says he is) claimed his VT Berlina with the FACTORY holden supercharged 3.8 V6 would slay my dads XR8 :| he also said it had custom metallic paint and 20 inch chromies. and 200kays on the clock cause it was a show car. he sent a pic and it was standard paint and standard rims :|
Old 24-04-2006, 10:23 PM   #9
ef_classic
Banned

A mate at school was telling me about the all new Ford Commodore coming out...lol
ef_classic is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 10:26 PM   #10
Scott

I was pretty sure VTII had factory supercharged as an option??
Old 24-04-2006, 10:30 PM   #11
Dav0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH8TR
this might be the case but im almost 200% sure they didnt come out with "20 inch chromies" :MrT_anim:
Old 24-04-2006, 10:32 PM   #12
EF302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMH8TR
yes, but he said it would beat HLC's dads ba xr8
EF302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 10:43 PM   #13
Scott

^^ Ok, so I read it with the wrong inflection. I spose everyone reads all the words too.
Old 24-04-2006, 10:58 PM   #14
F6T
Has V8 envy

A client of mine tried to tell me that his V8 BA falcon one tonner (with flat tray) ran an 11 second 1/4 mile - the only mod he had was an ss induction cai.

I'd only just been to the drags that weekend on a nissan vs. subaru day (we all hired the strip for the day) and the quickest car there was an R32 with launch control running 12.5 sec 1/4.

I couldn't help myself - told him he was outright lying and completely full of sh*t but he said that he could produce the strip time print out and all - he wouldn't back down even after being completely called out on it!! what a tool. just made him look even worse......
F6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 22-10-2006, 05:57 PM   #15
XR8-260
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by madxh96
A client of mine tried to tell me that his V8 BA falcon one tonner (with flat tray) ran an 11 second 1/4 mile - the only mod he had was an ss induction cai.

I'd only just been to the drags that weekend on a nissan vs. subaru day (we all hired the strip for the day) and the quickest car there was an R32 with launch control running 12.5 sec 1/4.

I couldn't help myself - told him he was outright lying and completely full of ***** but he said that he could produce the strip time print out and all - he wouldn't back down even after being completely called out on it!! what a tool. just made him look even worse......
He may have a chance if his 'one tonner' actually weighed one ton...
XR8-260 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 11:07 PM   #16
FGX-351
Supercharged Mang-mobile

i have a friend well not really(the daewoo guy if anyone remembers that controversial thread) but he thinks hes gonna turbo his vr acclaim v6 auto and put a massive intercooler and all the other talk these types come out with and his car is magically gonna have 750kw now dont get me wrong this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
09/00 VX HSV XU6 Build #0001 of 0171
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread....09#post5571209
-- Best E/T: |14.982 @92.12mph | R/T:0.013 | 60' 2.213| 330: 6.283 | 1/8: 9.624 @ 73.17mph | 1000: 12.529 | 25Deg, N/A Hum, 1010mb | Willowbank Raceway 7/12/16

Tickford EL Falcon XR6 RIP
-- Factory Manual
-- Best E/T: |14.991 @ 92.71mph | R/T: 0.607 | 60': 2.215 | 660': 9.665 |13Deg, 86%H, 1024mb, 184RA @ Willowbank Raceway
FGX-351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 11:15 PM   #17
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-ShowStoPPa
this 3.8v6 is pretty special, it does come with the popular shake rattle and roll option and the auto compliments this with the ever popular snap crackle and pop feature
Could be a new sig for someone in that one!
Old 24-04-2006, 11:22 PM   #18
AMT
Come fly with P.S.I...

A bloke i work with after buying a second hand stock VTss 5.7 Auto said he got it dynoed and it had 255 Kw @ the rear wheels and one other thing that was strange was that the build plate on the firewall was upside down, he said it was done from factory but myself and the boys reckon that its being stacked in the frontend bad and the panel shop put it on that way by mistake..
Old 24-04-2006, 11:29 PM   #19
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Oh where do I start

The idiots that think the Commodore is an Australian designed car

The brainless gits calling the Convertable Capri Japanese, yep the same ones that confuse it with the original english Capri and rave about the original V8's in them (very few of which were ever put in there by Ford)

The diesel pundits claiming their beasts are eco friendly oil burners

School mums telling me how much safer they are in thier top heavy 4x4's that they can not even see little johny on the crossing for the shinny bull bar.

Fuel companies telling us they are not profiteering.

Govt's that tell us they can not do any thing about the fuel prices and still take their 50c per litre.

Govt's telling me there is not enough money in the coffiers for road and health funding.

Safety pundits telling us how the speed cameras will save lives

RACQ telling me they are still representing drivers

Inexperienced / over confident drivers who belive speeding does not contrubute to the severety of an accident.
Old 24-04-2006, 11:46 PM   #20
Mrs Coyote
Phantom XR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyote

School mums telling me how much safer they are in thier top heavy 4x4's that they can not even see little johny on the crossing for the shinny bull bar.
Please remember what our other car is honey!
Mrs Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 11:47 PM   #21
wild6
wild6

someone i know has a neighbour who has a vt gts one of the 220 aussie 5.7 litre storker motors. this bloke i know claims it is a highway pursuit limited edition model which he apparently witnessed run an 8 second quarter mile at calder park. and heres the kick the car is dead stock doesnt even have a loud exhaust or anything. i would have thought to run an 8 second quarter youd need a full tubbed chassis and a seriously loud lumpy motor underneath u
what the worst part of all this is, is the fact that this bloke who toldme this actually is a ford lover.
wild6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 11:47 PM   #22
Mrs Coyote
Phantom XR6

[QUOTE=coyote]

QUOTE]

Just remember what our other car is honey! (100 series Landcruiser)
Oh that's right you painted the back of the bullbar black so the bullbar would not reflect.
Mrs Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 12:00 PM   #23
LUXO_8
windsor user

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Coyote
Just remember what our other car is honey! (100 series Landcruiser)
Oh that's right you painted the back of the bullbar black so the bullbar would not reflect.
bwahaha, owned by your other half
LUXO_8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 12:16 PM   #24
xbcool
dazed&confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADNC_8
bwahaha, owned by your other half

glad Im not : or : .

oops! gotta go and finish the ironing :
xbcool is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 11:51 PM   #25
Dav0

Quote:
Fuel companies telling us they are not profiteering.
i mean when you think about it the purpose of a bussiness is to make money and lots of it......does this mean the oil giants arent actually a bussinesses......guess its lucky they didnt make 500 billion plus profit :monkes:
Old 25-04-2006, 01:42 AM   #26
ronwest
All Bran = Regular Member

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav0
i mean when you think about it the purpose of a bussiness is to make money and lots of it......does this mean the oil giants arent actually a bussinesses......guess its lucky they didnt make 500 billion plus profit :monkes:
Actually I agree with the first part of your comment.

Companies should not be burdened with the hardship of having to balance the drive for profits against social conscience. I think we expect too much from them.

Let them go as hard as they like to maximise profits and satisfy their shareholders.

Let a strong regulator look after our interests and pull them into line.
ronwest is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-04-2006, 04:23 PM   #27
coyote
Paint Repairs Spoilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav0
The comment I made was profiteering not that they make a profit.

Any Business large enough to control the market has a responsibility that smaller companies don't, purely by the fact the market principles are being skewed by their dominance. Cartels such as that in the oil industry have us by the short and curlies and there is nothing we can do about it so long as we wish to use their products. That does not mean however we should be happy to line their pockets. Further to this domination they are shoring up the next generation by their envolvement in the solar industry buying up patents and sitting on them.
Old 01-11-2006, 08:32 PM   #28
XR_Lightning
Riding The Lightning

was at a maccas one night and this hot looking NU Fairlane with 20" cromies rocked up, a guy near me and my mates said 'whats that car' his mate replied, 'its the Ford Statesman'
Old 01-11-2006, 08:59 PM   #29
pecker73
Falcon Addict

Default Diet-What The ?

My Mum told us kids that 'Tim Tams' where diet biscuits. :

Naturally we wouldn't touch them. Instead we would kill each other to get the last 'Tic Toc'. :hihi: :hihi:

Arrgghh..... the good old day's... What a sucker....

I am making up for it now though....

DAILY-2006 BF Falcon XR6 Turbo Sedan. 6 Speed Auto.

1/4 Mile......13.84sec/103.38Mph BF XR6T with an official 211.0 rwkw :
pecker73 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-04-2006, 11:53 PM   #30
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

lol. When I was at collage, this kid, who I'll call Ross (because thats his name), had a factory white Daihatsu Charade. He said it was N/A, had light weight racing mags (had mags, but not LWR) and he was planning on putting a turbo in it soon....but as it was, he said it ran a 4 second 1/4 - HAHAHA. When I said, ok, I'll drag you in my Barina, he said, Nah man, I can't. I got a letter the other day from the cops warning me about street racing, and if I do it again.... blah blah blah.... I kinda didn't listen to the rest - F*** he was funny. He now works at Bunnings and says he is saving for a Skyline GTR R33! bwhahahaha

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post