Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 14-04-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
Darkhour
Starter Motor

Default Good Mechanic in Sunbury

Just want to pop the question if anyone knows of good mechanics in Sunbury and more specifically auto transmissions?

I've got listed PC Automatics and Sunbury Automatics, any good words about any of these places or anywhere else?

Cheers

Darkhour is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-04-2008, 09:05 PM   #2
EL XR8

Yeah Paul at PC is a good bloke.
He won't do the wrong thing by you either.

A good mechanic, that i go to is Matt, at W&S Auto, who is right next door to PC Auto's.
EL XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2008, 09:00 PM   #3
EBTom
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Also had good experiences with PC Automatics on O'Shannessy St.
Went there one day as my trans was having a fit, turned out to be low on fluid but the bloke there flushed it and filled with fresh fluid for nothing.
After that I used them for a minor service and to replace a extension housing seal. They did good work and a fair price.

Former Rides:
EB1 FAIRMONT – 4.0, A4, FULL EXHAUST, WADE 1004, TIP J3, 18” BA XR8’S, SUPERLOWS, SPRINT KIT,
AU1 FAIRMONT GHIA – 5.0, A4, 3" CATBACK, 20" VERSUS WRAITH, ULTRALOWS, TICKFORD & MOMO GOODIES
EBTom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-04-2008, 11:05 PM   #4
whiteELXR6

haulett automotive (down the alley next to ford) he is a good bloke
whiteELXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2008, 02:31 AM   #5
5.0 ED
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: has helped a number of AFF members with their cars, particularly with EEC tuning Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Always willing to help out with sound technical advice. 

I sent a working auto down to sunbury automatics to have a new seal put in it, they rang back saying that it was stuff and needed rebuilding, i said well put it back together as it was, and dont worry about it, i got the auto back in a pile of bits, further more it wasn't even my auto i got back, it was a 85le, mine was a 91le. After abusing them repeatedly i gave up and got another auto from a wrecker i put in my same touque converter, and what do you know i had the same leak, turned out that the leak i was chasing wasn't a seal at all and it had a pinwhole in the touque converter. my advice stay well clear of them.

PC automatics are nice people and do a good job from what i have heard.
5.0 ED is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 16-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #6
Darkhour
Starter Motor

thanks guys for the advice.. much appreciated and hopefully it helps anyone else out as well..
Darkhour is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post