Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 28-06-2007, 03:48 AM   #1
fordxrtfan

Default What is the worst pain you have experienced?

Thought I would start this thread and ask people what is the worst physical pain they have ever experienced?
I flew down to Sydney Monday morning to collect my car (had the beginnings of the flu) felt pretty crap driving home Monday night in the rain so had to stop overnight 1 1/2 hrs from home and made it home Tuesday. Washed the car and went to bed. Couldnt sleep at all as had cronic pain in head/ear. During the night after taking 4 mersyndol and 4 panadeine forte and still no sleep my left ear started to bleed so went up to the hospital yesterday to be told my eardrum and burst and had a fullon earinfection. Panadeine Forte still isnt working am taking antibiotics now but still 10/10 pain level and ear is still bleeding quitebadly.
Now i have a bad back and need disk replacement surgery, but can honestly say that this ear thing is the worst pain I have experienced
What about you (or has anyone had anything similar to my ear?)

Winter White
6 Speed Manual, Sunroof, Premium Audio System, Side Airbags, Bluetooth, DVD Satellite Navigation, Reverse Parking Sensor, Ipod/MP3 kit, Tinted windows, Brembos, Enkei RPO3 wheels
Phase 3 kit, installed & tuned by Autotech 332rwkw
!!FOR SALE!!
fordxrtfan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 03:57 AM   #2
tough_ea88
WTB cheap manual e-series

well when i was younger i was working with my dad who was a builder, we were pulling the gutters off this house in rosebud, when i fell backwards off the ladder and crushed 2 disks in my spine, which caused it to swell and constrict my nerves i couldnt move my legs for a few days and my back is still farked 2 yrs on im 18 now.

oh also seperate incedent, a nail through my head, plumber mis-fired the gun and pierced my skull, no damage luckily!
tough_ea88 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 04:05 AM   #3
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tough_ea88
well when i was younger i was working with my dad who was a builder, we were pulling the gutters off this house in rosebud, when i fell backwards off the ladder and crushed 2 disks in my spine, which caused it to swell and constrict my nerves i couldnt move my legs for a few days and my back is still farked 2 yrs on im 18 now.

oh also seperate incedent, a nail through my head, plumber mis-fired the gun and pierced my skull, no damage luckily!
That's damn lucky!

Back pain sucks ey. I'm 19 and have had a couple screwed discs for 2 or so years now. All from being stupid and not lifting heavy music equipment properly.
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 04:07 AM   #4
J.C.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tough_ea88

Nail in the head! That would not have been good for you. Back pain would have to be one of the worst pains around next to child birth I reckon (although I have never and will never experience child birth).
Little free advice. Stay out of the construction industry before you kill yourself my friend. The world is trying to tell you something.

Get yourself a desk job and get about on public transport. At least until you work through this phrase of your life.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 08:41 AM   #5
MAGPIE
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Double dose of Alveolar osteitis (dry socket) following a quadruple Wisdom Tooth extraction :
MAGPIE is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 04:03 AM   #6
Van D
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I've had broken bones and all that stuff, but honestly I think the worst pain i've experienced is a cramp. I was out camping once, went out to **** at night, tripped and slipped down a slight embankment sorta thing twisting my knee and have no idea why, but my leg cramped up really bad for soooo freakin long. It was so damn painful that I vomited a bit and almost blacked out. Couldn't walk on it the next day at all either.

Was weird, I get cramps every now and then when asleep or whatever which hurt like buggery, but nothin' like that!

Second one would probably be a handlebar going through the back of my shoulder snapping my collarbone and done some other damage. That was from a mis-judged jump (hit the lip and went over).
Van D is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 08:50 AM   #7
stiddy
Banned

dislocated shoulder which I poped back in to place myself.. and very minor cracked skull.. tripped and cracked my forehead on the corner of a marble table.. can still feel the slight gap to this day above my right eye.. and see the little scare from stitches. I was only about 5 at the time so I dont really remember that.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 08:53 AM   #8
Bosman
T Series Club Member No24

Cramp! But let me explain. I am an addicted cricketer that bowls ALOT. Anyway i got a cramp 1 night that was Hamstrings , Quad and Groin ALL AT ONCE. Now waht this means is , you cant move any way without worsening it. You just sit there and scream till it goes away 10 minutes or so. Now get it more often as i get older. Body might be tryin to tell me somethin! "YOUR TOO OLD"!!! :

FTe Venom T3TE50 No229 5.6L Manual Don't drive one! Because like so many others , including ME , you will become TOTALLY addicted.

2016 Harley Davidson Softail Heritage customized.
Dead set gorgeous!
Bosman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 10:25 AM   #9
King Nothing
He has, the Knack..

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosman
Cramp! But let me explain. I am an addicted cricketer that bowls ALOT. Anyway i got a cramp 1 night that was Hamstrings , Quad and Groin ALL AT ONCE. Now waht this means is , you cant move any way without worsening it. You just sit there and scream till it goes away 10 minutes or so. Now get it more often as i get older. Body might be tryin to tell me somethin! "YOUR TOO OLD"!!! :
Sorry mate, must of hurt like buggery, but that was so funny!

Workhorse, stock as a rock

2004 BA MKI Futura - Now the wife's

For Show: 18" Kaotic Shadow Chrome, King SL all round, Cadence Amp, Kenwood 12" Sub, JL Audio 5x7's, Scuff Plates, MP3 Connector

For Go: SVI LPG, K&N Filter, F6 CAI, XR6T snorkle, XR8 catback, Magnaflow metal cat, Pacemaker headers, Underdrive, Thermostat, Custom tune, DBA4000

Now with baby seat and toys

175.6 rwkw

www.bseries.com.au/King_Nothing
King Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 10:41 AM   #10
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

For me, injuring my back whilst playing basketball...

Went to be after the game with a bit of soreness, woke up in the morning not even able to get out of bed. Managed to roll on to the floor and crawl out of my bedroom on hands and knees. My Mum had to pick me up off the ground to get me on to the couch.
Sprained ankles from basketball is another one. Watching your foot slowly turn black and yellow from the bruising is interesting though...
Also, banging the back of your hand against the chassis of the car whilst trying to undo the oil filter can be quite painful. You always manage to hit it in the wrong spot!
Haven't broken anything yet, touch wood.
Old 28-06-2007, 11:00 AM   #11
HLC
Audi S3

these are all brutal.

probabbly the worst 2 times were late last year and early this year whenni had my eyebrow pierced.

i dropped a rowboat on my head and it impacted on the eyebrow ring. that cained.

but at the big day out just gone. watching Trivium, some guy thought it would be fun to rip it out. problem is, he didnt quite make it. he garbbed it and pulled but not fast/hard enough to rip it out completely. by then i'd smashed him in the face and he let go. but the ring was only just hanging in there. and yeah that really reallly hurt.
Old 28-06-2007, 11:07 AM   #12
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bucket to the face. I was so damn drunk and it ******* hurt like hell.

NOTE: Do not play cricket using the bucket as the ball and a fence pailing as a bat.
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 11:10 AM   #13
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Probably when I was working for bunnings.

Bunings cairns has all the whipper snippers hanging on a rail above the ground for display purposes, I was putting some stock on the shelf in behind the display whipper snippers, anyway, I bumped one that didn't have the guard on the shaft of it, anyway, it came crashing down right on my head.

I thought damn that hurt a shitload, and I was pretty dizzy and my eyes started to water, anyway, I kept on working on, until my work mate stopped me and said, "we better get you to a doctor dude"

Reason being because what I thought was sweat running down my face, was a whole lot of blood.

Ended up being a bracket type setup sticking out from the shaft collected me in the head, earnt me a trip to the doctors and 10 stitches, 5 internal to hold the tissue together, and 5 external.

AND They made me go back to friggen work the same day :@

Needless to say I left.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2008, 09:22 PM   #14
GT0132
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cramp in the calf muscle or arch of the foot while asleep....Its not a serious thing but by crikey it's bloody painful
2005 BA MK2 FPV GT - 6 SPEED MANUAL , SILHOUETTE, SWISSVAX, SUNROOF, BILSTEIN AND LOVELLS, FACTORY GENUINE 19'S, X-FORCE STAINLESS QUAD CATBACK, ADVANCE HEADERS, 200 CPSI CATS, BLUEPOWER CAI, HERROD BREATHER KIT, 4:11 DIFF RATIO, MAL WOOD OPT 3+ CLUTCH, BILLET SHIFTER, MELLINGS 10227, NOW WITH REVERSE CAMERA/SENSORS, ALPINE SPEAKERS & SUB - CUSTOM TUNED TO 275 RWKW

NOW WITH A NEW ADDITION - 2017 MUSTANG V8 GT FASTBACK - , 6 SPEED AUTO IN PLATINUM WHITE,
GT0132 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #15
IH8HSV
XR6T 400kw(well one day!)

What a good thread. There are some poor buggers on here!

First place is when i drilled my finger with a drill.

2nd place is when my sister spilt boiling water straight off the stove onto my leg ( got infected and that's when it really hurt ).

3rd place was Glandular fever in my throat.

4th - Nail through my finger with a pneumatic nail gun.

5th - Kneeling on a soldering iron.
Old 28-10-2008, 11:06 PM   #16
Jack91
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IH8HSV
What a good thread. There are some poor buggers on here!

5th - Kneeling on a soldering iron.

Had to laugh at that one, I've done it a couple of times.
Jack91 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 10:14 AM   #17
Eb Barbie
Banned

I had a spine operation a few years ago. Was sliced open like a tin can and probly had my guts spread all over the operating table while they were drilling, taking out disks and chucking metal in my to replace my spine and straghten it. I didn't feel a whole lot of pain for the first couple of days coz they had me so drugged up. But after they were wearing off, boy was I in pain!! Couldn't sit/stand independantly and even with help and breathing exercises everything still f***in hurt!! Glad its all over rover
Eb Barbie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 11:17 AM   #18
Dezza
Parts bin special

I've got really bad knees. The worst pain I've experienced was probably my first knee failure. I was in about year 10 at school, and in PE playing dodgeball. All of a sudden when I moved, I felt a sharp pain in my left knee, and I collapsed to the ground. My kneecap had dislocated, but popped back in. In doing so, it stretched all the ligaments. I managed to get back up, but it was very sore. I spent the next couple of hours in the sick bay with ice on the knee. I stupidly still played badminton that night. Adreniline took over, and I actually won my matches without much pain! After the matches, the pain kicked in though, and the knee was the size of a balloon

It took about a fortnight for it to recover, but since then, it's been weaker. So much so, I starting taking more weight off my left knee and applying it to my right knee. Sure enough, it failed too, in very similar circumstances. Both kneecaps have dislocated about half a dozen times each since that first incident. Since those ligaments are stretched, they don't seem to hurt anywhere near as much these days. What originally took about a fortnight to recover now takes a couple of hours.

Daily 2010 FG XR50T ute - Lightning Strike
6 speed manual, XR8 bonnet, hardlid, Streetfighter airbox

Previous Cars 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia - Tickford engine, 5 speed, SVO wheels, bodykit, much more
2000 AUII Fairmont - XR wheels, Ghia interior
Dezza is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-06-2007, 05:23 AM   #19
Venomous
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ea_silver_ghia
I've got really bad knees. The worst pain I've experienced was probably my first knee failure. I was in about year 10 at school, and in PE playing dodgeball. All of a sudden when I moved, I felt a sharp pain in my left knee, and I collapsed to the ground. My kneecap had dislocated, but popped back in. In doing so, it stretched all the ligaments. I managed to get back up, but it was very sore. I spent the next couple of hours in the sick bay with ice on the knee. I stupidly still played badminton that night. Adreniline took over, and I actually won my matches without much pain! After the matches, the pain kicked in though, and the knee was the size of a balloon

It took about a fortnight for it to recover, but since then, it's been weaker. So much so, I starting taking more weight off my left knee and applying it to my right knee. Sure enough, it failed too, in very similar circumstances. Both kneecaps have dislocated about half a dozen times each since that first incident. Since those ligaments are stretched, they don't seem to hurt anywhere near as much these days. What originally took about a fortnight to recover now takes a couple of hours.
That's what happened to me the other night, knee gave in, popped out and popped back in. Been resting it since saturday and it's still painful and can't move it properly.

Got a ingrown toenail cut out yesterday and the pain has only just set in, can't sleep hence why i am on here now lol
Venomous is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-06-2007, 01:04 AM   #20
Jesk
certified nutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomous
That's what happened to me the other night, knee gave in, popped out and popped back in. Been resting it since saturday and it's still painful and can't move it properly.l
yeah i tend to have that problem too, and been meant to have surgery (tendon transfer procedure its called) on it too but I hate docs and its about a 12 month rehab minimum
Jesk is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2008, 07:25 PM   #21
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezza!

Mine was similar to this. When I was in about year 10. One day every step I took my left knee would dislocate, then I straightened my leg up, it popped back in. And with every step I'd collapse on the ground. Happened all day. Ended up popping out close to what would have been about 40 times in the whole day. Was in physio for 6 months after that day, and haven't played basketball since.

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 21-10-2008, 09:38 PM   #22
TadKa
Wait? What?

Holy Thread Resurection Batman...

I've never really hurt myself. But my most scary moment was tearing my banjo string during sex... I'm sure it hurt but I was busy being terrified... I don't like blood at the best of times but it really shouldn't be squirting out of there. That'll teach me for taking a big chick home.

(Sorry big chicks. you need loving too)
TadKa is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 11:28 AM   #23
HQ2VY

Kidney stones for me!! Felt like some had kicked the crap out of the right side of back and kidney. In the end when it all passed through, i swear i passed a pineapple, cuase it ******* stung like a *****. OUCH!!
HQ2VY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #24
redxm
64 Deluxe 4 door
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HQV8
Kidney stones for me!! Felt like some had kicked the crap out of the right side of back and kidney. In the end when it all passed through, i swear i passed a pineapple, cuase it ******* stung like a *****. OUCH!!
Im hearing you. I get stones about every two years. pain is about a 12 out of 10
redxm is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 01:51 PM   #25
Duke
The Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxm
Im hearing you. I get stones about every two years. pain is about a 12 out of 10
I agree. I get stressed out just thinking about the pain of a stone again.
I've only had one about 13 years ago. I couldn't imagine going that every 2 years. Seriously painful!

I was told that drinking coffee probably started mine so I've only had a dozen or so coffees in the past 13 years.
Old 28-06-2007, 11:57 AM   #26
DivHunter
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Cracked skull.
Broken collar bone, extreme greenstick fracture almost all the way through on a 45 angle, straightened without any painkillers by a retarded nurse.
Push bike main sprocket/cog whatever run over my face snapping both front teeth.
One I don't remember, I was about 3, smashed glass milk bottle slicing open my right hand, apparently wasn't too fussed and was more interested in the doc looking for glass and then stitching it up though. Cool scar.
When I was really little had a drip in my leg for asthma, bashed my leg on the bed screaming for them to get it out, mum got me some magic orange socks though and it was all good :nutsycuck .
I also had very poor drainage from my ears and had to get a few sets of tubes put in, cronic ear infections and busted ear drums hearing not badly effected though.

The worst however was probably all four fingers of my right hand mashed in between the two sections of a heavy old sash window then the what seemed like an eternity before someone came, climbed outside and wrenched the window back up to free them. Set of scars across my knuckles from that.
DivHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 11:59 AM   #27
tim2x

Have experienced much thank god.
But a while ago me and a mate were doing some garderning and a tree branch fell on my arm ( big one ) and it tore the ligaments in my arm
tim2x is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 12:17 PM   #28
nommic
EL Monty Ghia

On holiday in Merimbula when I was younger, my brother and I were in a golf buggy, and he managed to reverse it into a ditch and flip it. I woke up in the ditch with my right arm absolutely caining, dislocated wrist.

Trip to doctor's in Merimbula, then to Bega for a specialist, then drove all the way back to Melbourne overnight to go to the Royal Children's Hospital. Then when they fixed it up and put the cast on.... it popped back out again :

All good now though, and I'm a leftie so it didn't slow me down too much.
Old 28-06-2007, 12:32 PM   #29
Outbackjack
Central to all beach's

Broken ribs...... drink a bit of Celtic Crossing to help numb the pain..... Drink a little more celtic Crossing to numb the pain...... Just one or two more Celtic Crossing and I should be OK..... Go to bed, room starts spinning, start yelling at Huey and Ralph on the big white phone...... Dont ever get drunk with broken ribs!!!

Last edited by Outbackjack; 28-06-2007 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Learn to spell
Outbackjack is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-06-2007, 12:34 PM   #30
gtfpv
GT

3 of the worst pains i've experianced were . split cornea , after a doctor at sydney eye hospital was looking for something in my eye and couldnt see it he gave me an eye ball pressure test . which split my retina , he then sent me home, driving home i went temporarily blind in that eye , and the pain was screamlike . i pulled over in a servo, and created a new dance, promting the servo bloke to call an ambulance . for 2 days i couldnt move my eyeball without agony, that meant 10 second sleeping intervals , as REM sets in what a barstard .

the 2nd was i bent over at work and couldnt stand up. went to hospital , and got a gay doctor , who thought i had a sexual disease, he pushed a cotton stick down the old fella ( sharpest instant pain ever) of course therewas nothing wrong there , the doc was just a gay weirdo, the GP DIAGNOSED A HERNIA . and couldn't believe the hospital test i had .

the worst though was umbilical hernia surgery. when i woke up the said to me hows the pain, i said 5 out of 10, wait 6 , 7 , 10, 11 , then screamed give me some farken drugs, i remember wishing i was dead , the pain was that bad. they gave me 3 doses and maxxed me out with some drug , and said they couldnt give me anymore , they were telling me to stop rocking, otherwise i'd tear the stitches open, i remember when the drugs hit me , i couldnt move , but the pain was still there , as bad as ever, but my mind kind of didn't give a rats .
later i told a nurse, no one informed me it was gonna be that bad , her reply was it's tohard to tell someone the truth with that, umbilical hernia surgury is very painfull . then i asked is it worse than a cessarian . and the nurse replied . no . ohhh
i think women are special when it comes to pain thresh hold.
gtfpv is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post