Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 26-09-2006, 03:49 PM   #1
Grechie
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Oil Change B4 Calder?

Aii Guys,

Last time at Calder Park (28th July) that we all went to i done a oil change and put in that fully synthetic Penrite Sin 15w40, perfect stuff, no problems (motor was ran in etc), now my question is, calder was 4,900km's ago, is this oil still good for one heck of a thrashing on fri night? or should i do a oil change, i have ANOTHER full 5Litres of (fully synthetic) Penrite Sin 15w40 here, but dont no wether i should just use it for a top up or a complete oil change as i dont know if my current lot of it has just turned to **** n can possibly cause me some damage...

any thoughts guys...

thanks

- Grechie

EDIT : on that thought , my motor has had new rings n bearings pretty much 9000 kays ago and has ACL pistons, would my motor survive a fully sythentic penrite sin 10w ?

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 - 255/35/19 - 275/35/19
Shockworks Coilovers
PITLANE AUTOMOTIVE & PERFORMANCE
Grechie is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
XRQTR
TBA Customs

You should be fine champ, a decent full syn will easily go to 10K before a change. 5K changes are more important for mineral oils.
XRQTR is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 04:55 PM   #3
Stevo
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

how often do you do services ? You wouldnt NEED to change oil, but changing it every 5000 kays never hurts.
Old 26-09-2006, 05:23 PM   #4
efgiar
rofl copter

i change mine every 5k and so does niko, it just keeps the internals a bit cleaner, and after the rebuild u should go stindgy with anything :P just change the damn oil!

thats all
efgiar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-09-2006, 06:26 PM   #5
MADED-6
MADED.6

yeah i do mine every 5k but with fully sinthetic u dont really have to but u can it just depends if u can afford/be bothered doing it. and 15w/40 will be fine i am running 10w70 coz its thicker when hot so its better for older engines.
cheers josh.
MADED-6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post