Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-11-2006, 11:23 AM   #1
MotherNatureVer2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Comparing Telcos

Seems Im not the only one to have MAJOR problems with a certain telco at the moment & I admit Im on the verge of pulling a landline, broadband & 4 3G mobile phones from that company .......

Just wondering if anyone has done a comprarison of the different companies around ???

My problem is that we are in a small rural community & the mobile service is essential .......

Let me know who your happy with & who to steer clear of ..... Yes I know of the major one to keep away from :P

MotherNatureVer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 12:00 PM   #2
GXL078
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

xxxxxx
GXL078 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-11-2006, 12:17 PM   #3
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I too am in a semi-rural area outside of Adelaide.
I have my mobile phone with Telstra, simply due to coverage. I know there are cheaper options out there, but I pay the extra premium for the increased coverage it provides. $30/month business plan. 11c / 30 seconds to other mobile phones. I don't call land lines, that is what the home phone and work phones are for.

At home, I am using Telstra for my landline. The Homeline Budget ($19.95 / month) plan.

I use Internode for my broadband. I would highly recommend them and have done so to many friends/family simply because I do not want phone calls from people saying their internet is broken. Had my first call in 3 years on the weekend and all it was that a cable hadn't been plugged back in properly when they shifted their PC!

For my phone calls at home, I user Internode's VOIP product, Nodephone. 18c untimed calls to any landline in Australia. So I can call anyone at home anywhere in Australia for 18c and talk as long as I like, or until the battery goes flat in the cordless phone, whichever occurs first.

Monthly costs:
Internet: $39.95 (512k/128k speed with 8GB downloads)
Home phone line rental: $19.95
Home phone call costs: Approx $4 - $5
Mobile Phone: $30 / month (+ stupid $26 phone repayment)

Internode
Nodephone
Telstra Homeline Budget