Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 09-04-2006, 12:01 AM   #1
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Wheel adapters...

Has anyone fitted adapters so they can run AU offset rims on there E Series? I know they're illegal. The tyre store I bought my set from said they would deny selling them to me if something happened.

I was running 19's with an AU offset on my EF but removed the adapters as they came loose over time. I was thinking of lock tighting them down. Anyhow else had probs with them coming loose?

I've had trouble finding anything above 18inch in an E Series offset that I like. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough...

BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 12:13 AM   #2
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBarrel
Has anyone fitted adapters so they can run AU offset rims on there E Series? I know they're illegal. The tyre store I bought my set from said they would deny selling them to me if something happened.

I was running 19's with an AU offset on my EF but removed the adapters as they came loose over time. I was thinking of lock tighting them down. Anyhow else had probs with them coming loose?

I've had trouble finding anything above 18inch in an E Series offset that I like. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough...
Should be able to find a few sets around mate. I've never used spacers, i was thinking about it with my old corona, as i was looking for 17's for that at one point, and there were literally only 3 sets of 4 bolt 17's that would fit it without spacers. Wasn't aware at that time they were illegal to fit, good thing i didn't do it :P
Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 03:06 AM   #3
stiddy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBarrel

Cant answer your questions.. but I'd like to know where you've got your spacers.. trying to fit my AU wheels onto my sisters EF.. and its not an easy task tracking down spacers.
stiddy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 01:01 PM   #4
svy08

ive had adapters on my ed wagon 2 years now no probs. 38mm
now i got em on my el too. 25mm
try and find the 25mm ones it keeps the 19s away from the guards so there is no chance of scrub
i had the 38mm adapters on my ed with AU 18s and had to raise it from super low back up to low

[]D [] []\/[] []D []\[]
svy08 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 05:21 PM   #5
5L
[ 5L ]

everyone that i know who has put hub adapters on there car, have told me not to get them coz all of theres have come loose, all of them were put on either by a mechanic or at a tyre place and after a month or so they came loose.
[ 5L ] 2001 AU series 2 xr8, 220kw, 5speed, leather interior, premium sound, narooma blue, cat back exhaust, k&n filter,willall edit,MSD coil packs, MSD leads, monroe gt gas shocks, superlow kingsprings 187rwkw (mainline)

www.ignitionimages.com
5L is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 05:22 PM   #6
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quik Fit Tyre service sold me mine. I don't understand what they were fussing about. Its not illegal to sell them, just illegal to use them. $70 a corner if I remember rightly. I'll lock tight mine back on next time. Then they shouldn't come adrift...
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 05:47 PM   #7
John_LS1

ive had mine on for a while and mine have never come loose....
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 07:34 PM   #8
xr8svo
Sykmat

there are plenty of wheels out there but they arent cheap because of the offset change when the AU was released. any simmons wheel will fit as they are made to order. also most wheels out of the US can be made to order and fit with out spacers. In Qld they arent illegal but they arent legal either they havent decidede the last I heard but theat may have changed since.
xr8svo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 08:39 PM   #9
T_Terror
The Guy You Love To Hate

Eseries offset has ИИИИ all rim choice.

Only options for a wider choice of rims are hub adapters or AU hub and brakes conversion (i think its 2000-2500?)

Adapters are ok, legality is grey area, and they do the job fine but obviously will never be as solid as a a one piece rim.
Just tighten them real tight (not too tight!) and always use locktite.
T_Terror is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-04-2006, 08:43 PM   #10
AshMan
Girrrrr!!!

Maybe change your hubs to those on a different car??? different stud pattern etc...

like they do to get nice rims on older cars...

It's the legal way to do it, but obviously more expensive

edit : hub was the word I was lookin for ;)

Heritage green, isn't that a fence paint?
AshMan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post