Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 05-11-2006, 09:31 PM   #1
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Default The First Time....

You have ever been pulled up by the police!
Happened to me last night, was driving along with my mates, music cranking. Anyway, went past a SV6 Commonwhore, thought nothing of it as it had spoiler, mags etc. Kept on driving and this car pulled out and sped up behind me and flashed his blue n reds.
I pulled up and being my first time I as shitting myself, also my mates were ****ed so that didnt help.

"Evening sir, random breath test and license check."

Got out my license and handed it to him, etc, etc.

I was stuttering "will will will my breath....ummmm thing....breath.....MINT" set the thing off?

They look at me like "The guy is *** wasted"

Anyway I blow into the thing, all good!!

Then they warned me about my music and off I went!!

I was so crapping myself!

Pots up your first fuzz experience!

1994 ED XR6T - Cobalt Blue.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Keep your stinking family to yourself god damn it.
XR6_661 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 09:34 PM   #2
Kenster

lol that nothing compare to what i got when i first got my breath done for the first time
Kenster is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 09:41 PM   #3
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Yeah,

that really explains it all.

Thanks for that.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
I couldn't give a crap how many are in their family, what gay passtimes they paticipate in, or whether they have a cat, dog or a freaken fish.

Old 05-11-2006, 09:55 PM   #4
XR8GRL
Powered by Tickford

There's nothing to panic about if you're not in the wrong.

SILHOUETTE AUII XR8
Leather, Premium sound, Momo S/wheel & gear knob, Sunroof, 20" Advanti Desires, Bulge, XR50 Front, Pacemaker extractors,
Ballistic cats, 2.5" cat back system, Rebel bar & skirts, XR scuff plates, Kings SL & SSL springs
XR8GRL is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 09:54 PM   #5
Steffo
LPG > You

Why exactly would you be scared? They're not going to eat you. Geez...
LPG Lovers Association President & Member #1.

:
Steffo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 10:05 PM   #6
XR6_661
Cane Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffo
Why exactly would you be scared? They're not going to eat you. Geez...

It's just a daunting experience for some people. I wouldn't have freaked if I was by myself, but the fact I had 3 mates in the car who were ****ed and yelling s**t at the cops.

2009 FG XR6 - Black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex

Old 05-11-2006, 09:55 PM   #7
alesia
Banned

my first time was when i was on my L's , it was the first time i had ever driven a manual . i was in a car park middle of the night and the usual place people go to learn to drive was full of cars (basketball thingy) it was good friday so everything was closed , and a undercover cop car pulls me over . i get out and they do all the checks and stuff , i was crapping myself , and i explained why i was there and they said that i was doing the right thing and that i was doing really well and that was it they left , then no more then 5 minutes later a completly different cop car pulls up and i told them that a cop had just left and hes thats ok we got a report that you alesia were driving around on your ls here and your not old enough to have them ...

i used to work part time at hungry jacks while at school and i had finished there like 2 months before the incident , and hungry jacks backs onto the carpark i was driving in , and the manager there rang the police on me , i went in there not happy to say the least and said my part fairy vocally .
alesia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 09:57 PM   #8
NC_GHIA
FirstOnRaceDay

I was the same when I got my lisence back First night back on the road and with a car load of ****ed mate's(my girlfriend,her friend(chick) my mate and his brother) anyway As I was pulling over I looked into the back seat and my mates brother didn't have his seatbelt on so hit him and he put it on just as the copper came up to my window and we have the count from 0-5 things (i wanted to blow in a bag(not that I havn't done that befor different bag thow) and I got confused and thought I had to blow in it and she said"no count" so I was stutering and **** and it beeped i **** my self and said "is that a fail" she said "NO it means your fine" I sat there while the took off. I left after 10mins and about 5smokes...

NC Fairlane GHIA
Series II
I6.
Mods. 2.5" cat back
Clarion HU
Soundstream speakers amp and subs
Lowered
DL LTD rims
: thats it!
For the moment... :
NC_GHIA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 10:10 PM   #9
MITCHAY
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have only ever been pulled over 5 times in all the time I have been driving. The first time I got pulled over was for speeding which I got off with a warning.

The 2nd time was for speeding again, and I got off with nothing again because I politely argued how he had no evidence and his estimate was way off the mark.

The rest have been RBTs.

Don't be a smartarse and you should be fine and get treated no worse than what you deserve. Of course there are exceptions to everything but its a general rule ;)
MITCHAY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 10:18 PM   #10
BlackLS

A Vid for those worried about things changing RBT reading. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Osv53--rK48

First time was an RBT - On my L's a few months into driving. Not really exciting.
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 10:41 PM   #11
Auslandau
335 - STILL THE BOSS ...

I have been pulled over randomly and yes it is bloody daunting and gets the ol' ticker going.....EVEN if you know all is OK. Seeing the blue lights in the rear view is not an enjoyable event even after 20 years + of driving. Never get used to it as it is....thankfully .... a rare occasion so dont blame you at all for being nervy! I always get out of my car to talk to them. I hate sitting in the car talking through the window.

| [/url] |

101,436 MEMBERS ......... 101,436 OPINIONS ..... What could possibly go wrong!

Clevo Mafia
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Auslandau is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 10:59 PM   #12
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good point get out of car walk and meet them before they get to your car...be confident and honest.

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 01:53 PM   #13
ltd
Force Fed Fords

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Good point get out of car walk and meet them before they get to your car...be confident and honest.
In the USA if you do that you are likely to be shot. It is one of the most threatening things you can do to a policeman as they feel your coming at them to challenge them physically, or that you may have a weapon and are about to come at them with it. I know of four cases in NSW alone where this has happened, and the people involved arrested and charged for not obeying police instructions.

Additionally, it also could be perceived that you are about to run away and resultantly is viewed by police as not the thing to do. The only thing getting out of your car will do for a policeman is create unnecessary apprehension and is more likely to lead to a fine.

I do agree with you on the confidence issue though, as that may sway the balance your way and create doubt in the officers mind, but it is all about body language and approaching an officer who isn't expecting it can really turn ugly quickly. I guess demographically it is probably more a problem in Sydney due to the ever increasing bravado of a certain community and the general anti social behaviour as well as disregard for the police. Why do they do it? Part of Gang Kultia i guess.

Quote:
Powered by GE
ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 05:34 PM   #14
BlewThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
WORST THING TO DO EVER. especially if it's traffic / highway patrol officers.
They think that you are trying to intimidate them even if you are not, best is to pull over, leave seatbelt on and keep hands on steering wheel, let them walk over and then ask if they mind if you hop out and stand outside with them...then they think you are really polite etc. I used to do the whole get out thingo, but in my fourby i had to literally hop down, had the pepper spray case and gun holster unclipped on me a couple of times, always asked why and the response was 'you got out of the car'...'what's wrong with that?' was my answer...'you seem aggrevated and intimidating' was the normal reply.

As has been stated in some previous posts, no matter how many times it happens, no matter how innocent you think you are, its still gets the adrenaline pumping. I've had more than my fair share of pull overs, tickets, arguements, and court appearances....only took me 3 years of driving and 12 months of suspensions to figure out, the cops are right so easier to just follow the rules.

That's my evangelical rant for today :
BlewThunder is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 11:22 PM   #15
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO
Now thats one thing I dont do. Not because Im scared, but because if you do that you're liable to have a gun pointed at you. Seen it happen many times, driver gets out, cops think he is coming at them or something and it goes from there.

It's not a pride thing, stay in your car and talk normally to them. They're people too.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:05 PM   #16
krt10
eskyman

i had my p's for a couple of days. i blew a fuse and my tail lights wernt working but i didnt relise ( it was at night) i got pulled over and they thaught i was a drug runner so they searched the car but found nothing. they were realyy nice bout it. as i was close to home they followed me so no one would rear end me.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:08 PM   #17
jimmy_c
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

you had me thinking for a while.... Geeze is this about some guys first time with a girl. but it was the FUZ instead.

first time. RBT and the cow who did it was a real *****.
jimmy_c is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 11:20 PM   #18
StookEB

When ever I get out of the car they tell me to get back in, they think i'm a threat for some reason.
One day we night decided to go to Forster RSL just for somewhere different (well it's about a 50minute drive one way), and they called the cops on us for not leaving or something i don't know. The security guard got in more trouble than we did for swearing at us, we were all nice to the cops so they just told us to go home, very simple.
I see atleast one Highway patrol with his camera sitting in some strange spots every time i go on the highway around here. We had the worst example of a cop here who would over take 2 or 3 cars on the main road pull over p-platers just for the sake of it.
Sorry i don't mean any offense to any police on here.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:28 PM   #19
MO
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by EArulz
When ever I get out of the car they tell me to get back in, they think i'm a threat for some reason.
One day we night decided to go to Forster RSL just for somewhere different (well it's about a 50minute drive one way), and they called the cops on us for not leaving or something i don't know. The security guard got in more trouble than we did for swearing at us, we were all nice to the cops so they just told us to go home, very simple.
I see atleast one Highway patrol with his camera sitting in some strange spots every time i go on the highway around here. We had the worst example of a cop here who would over take 2 or 3 cars on the main road pull over p-platers just for the sake of it.
Sorry i don't mean any offense to any police on here.
Well what do you expect after all you do live in ....Hoon Central...lol

The more I know ppl the more I love my DOGS.
2011 SY Territory Limited Edition TS
2000 AUII SE ute IL6
MO is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 11:31 PM   #20
Ruger
Bseries Moderator

i got pulled over for the first time on my own the other week. was giving the car a bit of a hiding and a cop followed me home asked if i lived there, looked over the car (its debadged and got a buldge bonnet) he asked if it was a v8 i just said no fibreglass does wonders. that was very daunting as driving a modified car on p's cops a big fine. lucky he didnt tell me to open the bonnet (it is a 6 but not quite taxi spec).
just said take it easy if they were highway patrol they i would have got off alot worse and especially since im a p plater im a easy target.

Only those that attempt the absurd achieve the impossible.

Serviced and maintained by Mascot Auto Repairs
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2006, 11:39 PM   #21
snortycorty

My first time was new years day a couple years ago I was driving to work with my gran in her little Apollo. I got pulled over and crapped myself cos I had actually had a couple drinks the night before, like maybe 3 beers tops! Anyways I was alright.

My second time was awful! Got pulled over in the partners car and was breatho'd, then they went over his car and defected it cos it was too low (bullcrap!) and it needed new front tyres. (Had i known the wire was hangin out there is NO way i would have been driving it!)
Then i pull out and we are heading straight to his house when I turn the corner right into a line up with flashing blue and red lights. I was breath tested AGAIN and I also had one of those drug tests!
worse thing was that my partner had to go to trade school in geelong the next day. Was lucky we knew a guy that worked at a tyre joint and got new ones put on, we were lucky considering it was a sunday!

Third time got pulled over out front of my old mans house, which was where I was heading! The copper was real nice and we had a good chat, hope he pulls me over everytime. Actually he's the third nice copper I've met here.
snortycorty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 07:11 AM   #22
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My first time getting "pulled" by the police is some RBT thing. No big deal really.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 09:16 AM   #23
juzz
T3 when im 25

The first time i got pulled over was on this backstreet and these 2 push bike cops came running out the bush's. I had to think twice about who they were because they had the really light blue uniforms on, and no reflective clothing, and it was accually quite hard to see them. Anyway i got pulled over and they gave me a random breath test and checkd my licence ect but they were all good about it.

It was lucky because my girlfriends off her P's and she had been driving my car earlier, and when we left (it was just goin around the corner when they got me) i actually stopped the car and got out and put the P plate back up. I ususally wouldnt care, but lucky because i would of got done for that!

juzz
juzz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 09:37 AM   #24
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

My 1st time was on the way to Victoria from WA, cruising along, look up see cop car, checked my speed, say to dad "Yeah were Fine"...

Lights come on, im thinking WTF,Pulled over and jumped out said G'day, "just a random breath test and licence check", had a chat to them, they loved my car, asked how it went Etc...
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 10:11 AM   #25
Full Spectrum
Only a matter of time.

First time i was 18 just got my p's felt invincible driving by myself was pulled over doing 82 in a 60. Knocked me back down too earth best thing that ever happen what a fright.
Last time i got booked for speeding right there.

One night about 5 years ago i was pulled over and questioned about stealing the car i was driving, Hard too steal it when the owner is next too you being my mother, They gave me a apology and left. Was good i thought they were going too get the phone books out got the gloves and all lets get physical:P.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:19 AM   #26
Kenaz
Donating Member
Donating Member1

My first and only time was because I failed to keep left on a one lane rd. I thought I might have copped a warning or something, but instead I got 3 points and $125. It's frustrating to drive down the same road for work everyday only to see other motorists in the wrong also :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels Nov 02
It's suave, more subtle, and yet no less stirring. In fact, the boosted Ford is more polished than any big sedan Australia has ever produced. It's just so damn good, it makes the SS feel crude... Ignore the WRX. Forget the E49. Falcon XR6 Turbo is king.
Kenaz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 12:08 PM   #27
photn
AFF Post NAZI

my first time was when i just got my L's then on the way home as i was driving (15min after i got my l's) a cop pulled me over for not having the L's in the right spot and decided to give me a breath test at the same time.... rbt's dont scare me on the side of the road. but when i got pulled over for doing 130 in an 80 zone (local area that i know well - was 3 in the morning and its rural!) on christmas eve (double demerits) i thought i was gone...i was absolutely SHITTING MYSELF.....the cop walks up to m and goes you alright mate....seemed to be gonig alittle fast there for a minute...you actually lost me throught bends...had to floor it to catch up mate....and im like well i have a headache and im tired. gave him my licence and he goes. Ahh you work with my daughter. she likes you. well keep it safe and drive carefully. btw nice car!. and im like WTF he gave me back my licence and then just drove off past me....im sittin there shaking like no tommorow.......and so i rolled home about half an hour later....

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 12:57 PM   #28
Piotr
Non-Regular Member

Ive been pulled over several times and only ever once asked for a licence. Usually I count to ten and they let me go.

When I got done for speeding the cops was surprisingly calm and asked if I had a excuse for the speed, "no i don't officer". Went back to his car and 15minutes later hands me the fine and sends me off.
Piotr is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 05:31 PM   #29
AWD Chaser
Formally Kia Chaser

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Writing tech articles 

Was driving my old Barina at night with a front (only) veilside bar and mags... and pod... and NSW rego. So I'm driving and I pass marked a cop car that then pulls a u turn.. so i stay calm and keep driving... turn a corner and then they flash the lights and pull me over - do the rego check, RBT, and then says - why weren't your lights on?
I say: They were on.
I then say: Would you like to check that they work
He aggrees and I turn them on and jump out to check myself - of course they are on - I have been driving for 3 hours up from the coast b4 they pulled me over
He then says: Either your lights weren't on or I have to lay off the LSD...

I couldn't believe my ears, but he then says ok - have a good night...

HSV Clubsport R8 VY (2003)
Black, 6sp Manual, Coulson Seats, Red on black interior, Pacemaker extractors, Twin 2.5" exhaust, Custom Red 20" VE GTS Rims, Custom Red Stitching
AWD Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2006, 01:45 PM   #30
Dazza XLT
Back in a Ford

First time I was pulled over... In Katherine NT.
Pulled out of the Ford dealership with no seatbelt. Copped the fine, no worries.
As he was writing the ticket, a uteload of natives drives past in a dual cab Hilux. The tray had a cage on the back, and they were piled in there.
Had to laugh at the time! He finished his ticket, and took off after them.

Cheers

Darran