XWildGT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default D-day for hrt

found this on tonights nines news page internet skafie has till tomorrow to pro

NEWS HOME > SPORTS NEWS
Sunday Mar 11 21:21 AEDT

Decision-Day for Skaife and HRT
Sunday Mar 11 20:46 AEDT
Monday is D-Day for Mark Skaife and the Holden Racing Team.

The Touring Car Entrants Group (TEGA), the governing body for the V8 Supercar Championship teams, will announce by 5pm whether Skaife has satisfactorily proven he is the sole owner and controller of HRT.

If TEGA is not satisfied, HRT will be booted from the championship.

It's black and white.

Last month TEGA threatened to revoke the licences of HRT - featuring drivers Skaife and Todd Kelly - and HSV Dealer Team - boasting reigning champion Rick Kelly and Garth Tander - if requests for clarification of ownership and control were not met.

HSV Dealer owners John and Margaret Kelly - the parents of drivers Todd and Rick - were able to prove compliance before the February deadline.

Skaife failed but was handed a two-week reprieve which enabled he and team-mate Todd Kelly to contest the season opening Clipsal 500 in Adelaide last weekend.

Todd Kelly came out of the weekend leading the championship, with younger brother Rick second.

TEGA have been concerned about cooperation between HRT and HSV Dealer, as well as the involvement of the previous owner of both teams Tom Walkinshaw.

One person cannot own two teams.

Skaife has come under fire from fellow drivers and team owners throughout the saga, most notably with Ford's WPS Racing boss Craig Gore threatening to pull his team out of V8 Supercars while calling for Skaife's resignation as a TEGA director.

Gore, who owns businesses around the world, blasted Skaife for wasting time, saying it should take no more than 24 hours to prove you own something.

"It's not hard to prove the contractual purchase or ownership of an asset," Gore said.

"I think it's a lot easier to prove ownership of something than a requirement to need 14 days - I can prove I own this team this afternoon.

"Considering the effort that I had to go to get my licence and the scrutiny I was put under ... I'm astounded that we haven't been able to clear this up very, very quickly."

©AAP 2007
9 NEWSWATCH

XWildGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 09:37 PM   #2
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Well tomorrow is D-Day......

D for 'dey got off' ?
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #3
XWildGT
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

of course they will but what a joke
XWildGT is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 10:22 PM   #4
gsr freak
Starter Motor

yeh just watch them weasel out of the do do pile they are in
gsr freak is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-03-2007, 10:24 PM   #5
StookEB

How can they have been aloud to be at Clipsal and still not have settled it. what a bloody joke. There are plenty of teams out there, prove it or lose it. It's simple.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:37 PM   #6
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I hope wps and more teams pull out if HRT get off. Maybe that will send the message to tega that they are too soft. Oh how I would love to see HRT out. Then the fans will boycott and you won't have all those bogans in red at the races lol
Old 11-03-2007, 11:09 PM   #7
Miller
It's Millertime!

Even if they do get off, their reputation will still be tainted.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:17 PM   #8
Jeeepers
Merry Xmas To All

At the very least it's making headlines.... And that sells.
Jeeepers is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 12:31 PM   #9
The G6ET Spot
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller
Even if they do get off, their reputation will still be tainted.
No it won't,cause the bogans will love them even more.As they beat the establishment
The G6ET Spot is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 01:32 PM   #10
Tiapan
XF 393 3v CHI heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPID XR8
No it won't,cause the bogans will love them even more.As they beat the establishment
ROFL
yep and the bogans take up 90% of the holden fans
Old 12-03-2007, 12:11 AM   #11
FPV8U
BOSS 5.4L Enthusiast

They will get off...

And you can forget other teams protesting, the penalty for not attending a round is like 150K per franchise or something!
FPV8U is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 12:23 AM   #12
starkersEB
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This whole situation is beyond a joke, everyone knows what the outcome will be. They will get off scott free and nothing will be done about the love triangle of ****inshaw?HRT/HSV all because its the "big boys". If this was WPS, GRM they wouldnt have even been at Clipsal.

Its just going to be like having a dog you let them on the couch once they know they can do it again and again, so these guys will just continue to do whatever the hell they want cos TEGA are spineless!!
starkersEB is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 12:47 AM   #13
bonspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well if the kellys own toll racing this means wilkinshaw doesn't own both teams and isn't that what this is all about.
bonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 01:14 AM   #14
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonspeed
Well if the kellys own toll racing this means wilkinshaw doesn't own both teams and isn't that what this is all about.

You make a very good point but I think they are concerned that Walkinshaw is actually in control of both companies. Although the kelly's proved to be owners, it will be abit sus that skaife can't prove he is owner. Even if he does he should be penalised for taking so long. A month is too long to show a few documents stating you are in control of a business. It is so obvious that Walkinshaw is working with both teams.

When Skaife and Tander's car at bathursth failed, Walkinshaw and hrt were saying they will do everything to help the kellys and toll hsv. Through out the rest of the season the drivers were all saying they will do whatever it takes to get rick the championship. It was known from last year. Only now has tega began to ask questions and they are just empty threats. Tega are cowards and Hrt will get off scott free. Hrt's rep hasn't been tarnished because the majority of holden fans wouldn't care aslong as their heroes are racing
Old 12-03-2007, 01:25 AM   #15
bonspeed
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Boy
You make a very good point but I think they are concerned that Walkinshaw is actually in control of both companies. Although the kelly's proved to be owners, it will be abit sus that skaife can't prove he is owner. Even if he does he should be penalised for taking so long. A month is too long to show a few documents stating you are in control of a business. It is so obvious that Walkinshaw is working with both teams.

When Skaife and Tander's car at bathursth failed, Walkinshaw and hrt were saying they will do everything to help the kellys and toll hsv. Through out the rest of the season the drivers were all saying they will do whatever it takes to get rick the championship. It was known from last year. Only now has tega began to ask questions and they are just empty threats. Tega are cowards and Hrt will get off scott free. Hrt's rep hasn't been tarnished because the majority of holden fans wouldn't care aslong as their heroes are racing

I think you are correct here its blatantly obvious that wilkinshaw has some sort of control over both teams, I also agree that they will get off, I mean come on its H.ormone R.eplacement T.heropy we are talking about here, Could you imagine the uproar if they were booted out? I for one want them in the championship so that when they do get beaten us ford guys can stand tall and say, beat them even though they cheated, I personally would find this more satisfying.
bonspeed is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 02:16 AM   #16
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I think you are correct here its blatantly obvious that wilkinshaw has some sort of control over both teams, I also agree that they will get off, I mean come on its H.ormone R.eplacement T.heropy we are talking about here, Could you imagine the uproar if they were booted out? I for one want them in the championship so that when they do get beaten us ford guys can stand tall and say, beat them even though they cheated, I personally would find this more satisfying.

I'd love for ford to smash them but life isn't a fairy tale, we all saw what happend to Craig at Philip Island. I was very thrilled but when Craig won Bathurst. That was my number 1 favourite V8 moment. Yeah lifes not a fairy tale but good things happen. I really hope its great things for all the ford teams this year. I have no respect for HRT, TOLL and especially P.rick.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:35 PM   #17
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Not totally.
Part of it is about the possible transfer of ownership and control of HRT to Walkinshaw. Licensees have to go through a rigorous approval process and that hasn't happened.
Another part of it is, even if Skaife is seen to "own" the team on paper, who has "effective control" of HRT.
Bill_R is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 10:54 AM   #18
brodfloyd
Hmmmm

This thing with skaife isnt about TWR.
They got off the whole Walkinshaw thing. Pure bullshit, but they got off. This is how,
Walkinshaw owns the cars, and leases them to HRT(skaife sports) and HSVDT, he is also contracted to both teams in some kind of role, but as we all know he basically calls all the shots as far as every single aspect of the cars engineering and operation goes.
but it isnt written down anywhere and he just gets paid to be a "consultant" or similar.

The kelly's were able to prove that they had bought the licence for HSVDT from holden after the balls up last time. and they are only called the HSVDT cos they are sponsored by them, not owned.

Again bullshit, thats exactly why it was called the HDT in the 70's, to get around the Factory ownership clauses in the rules.

So basically, kelly and HRT got off the walkinsh|t by some tricky contract writing and generally just being aunts starting with C.

This is a whole other issue.

The problem that big nose has is that he cant prove that he owns the HRT, cos he doesnt, and really if you were Holden, what kind of a price would u put on HRT??? That thing is evil, but its massively evil. They do not just wanna sell it for nothing to some bozzo with a big nose. that and the big nose doesnt have enough money to buy it for a proper price.

skaife owns skaife sports, which somehow owns but doesnt own HRT but sorta does, its all very complicated. He owns skaife sports, which controls hrt, which leases its cars from TWR.

eg starwars, the emperor (Holden) owns the empire, but he's not stupid enough to just give it to darth vader (skaife)

Holden wants to own hrt, but it cant own it on paper. its too valuable to sell cheap to keep the rulemakers happy and after all it is the factory team. skaife wants to own it without paying actual money for it, there is much conjecture behind the scenes about this. if holden give complete control to skaife, he can do whatever he wants with it, (even change the licences to ford, unlikely, but i'd gladly donate all my money to see it happen) a scary proposition for holden not to be calling the shots.

AVESCO/TEGA/V8Supercars have given them chance upon chance to prove that someone other than Holden owns it, but every proposal that holden brings back has been given the ***, holden was mainly trying to shuffle its ownership around satelite companies that it controls and owns.

Just like most parts of society, no longer is it about justice, its about the letter of the law.

AVESCO/TEGA/V8Supercars do this;

"No holden, thats a bad holden, we are going to make u pay now, yes, pay u will, we will only give u another 2 months, HAHAHA, how do u like that holden?, yeah not so smart now"

But they will do nothing, holden will get off. v8 supercars work on one simple notion, that holden fans keep the sport affloat by spending my hard earned taxes on caps and jackets and are dumb enough to believe that its 'racing' and not 'entertainment.'

change its name to 'world v8supercar entertainment'

:

i'll be quiet now

Last edited by brodfloyd; 12-03-2007 at 11:13 AM.
brodfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 10:57 AM   #19
Melz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

My main question is we have all thought Walkinshaw has been running (or similiar) with both these teams for a while... why has it taken the governing bodies so long to say something?
Melz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 11:34 AM   #20
Bossxr8
Peter Car

There's no doubt they will get let off. TEGA don't have the balls.
Bossxr8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 11:41 AM   #21
82XD393.3v
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melz
My main question is we have all thought Walkinshaw has been running (or similiar) with both these teams for a while... why has it taken the governing bodies so long to say something?
they had to wait till holden won the championship before they did

FG F6 Manual 366RWKW tuned by BLUE POWER

82XD393.3v is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 11:41 AM   #22
Ford_Boy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So when is the ruling?
Old 12-03-2007, 12:28 PM   #23
Nostalgia
LOW AND SLOW

We will know by 5pm today.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 01:10 PM   #24
Grunter
Not of the Sooty variety!
Donating Member3

There's a reason why the HRT/HSV "team" did well and why they were in a position to win last years championship and that's because they have the win at all cost mentality. They will search out all avenues to do it and are willing to take the risk and bend the rules to their push their advantage.

It's no different in any serious motorsport that involves success to keep the funds flowing in.

I'm more annoyed that a couple of Ford teams haven't had the smarts to get together behind the scenes and do something similar to "share" resources on and off the track. Until they do teams like HRT/HSV will have the advantage and their chances of winning will be greater than the other teams.

At the end of the day keeping within the spirit of the rules means jack when winning and losing can mean the difference between getting the millions to compete or getting thousands to be a backpacker.

Current
The Toy: 2002 AUIII TS50
The Daily and Tow Vehicle: 2016 VW Amarok
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 01:42 PM   #25
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunter
There's a reason why the HRT/HSV "team" did well and why they were in a position to win last years championship and that's because they have the win at all cost mentality. They will search out all avenues to do it and are willing to take the risk and bend the rules to their push their advantage.

It's no different in any serious motorsport that involves success to keep the funds flowing in.

I'm more annoyed that a couple of Ford teams haven't had the smarts to get together behind the scenes and do something similar to "share" resources on and off the track. Until they do teams like HRT/HSV will have the advantage and their chances of winning will be greater than the other teams.

At the end of the day keeping within the spirit of the rules means jack when winning and losing can mean the difference between getting the millions to compete or getting thousands to be a backpacker.
Ford teams *do* share to some extent. There is the alliance between 888 and SBR and other teams for engine supply and development. Costs and expertise have been shared. DJR had their chassis overhauled by 888.
Cost cutting measures mean sharing of resources is of benefit. I recall a mention that the governing bodies would even like just two car suppliers supplying identical cars.
There has to be a line drawn somewhere. It seems HRT and HSV have gone over that line by running two independent teams but effectively having a single 4 car team. I'd expect a single 4 car team to have a lower budget allocation than 2 x 2 car teams.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:09 PM   #26
MOTIV8
Just cruizin' around.....

Of course they will get off V8Supercars/AVESCO have too much too lose by booting them out. But agree with everyone else that they should not have been allowed at Clipsal until it was all sorted out........would have loved to have seen if the same scenario was given to any of the 'lower' teams such as WPS, SIRROMET, BJR, Autobarn or the likes - you could bet your bottom dollar that they would not have been there.
MOTIV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 03:24 PM   #27
DJM83
Barra Turbo > V8
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTIV8
Of course they will get off V8Supercars/AVESCO have too much too lose by booting them out. But agree with everyone else that they should not have been allowed at Clipsal until it was all sorted out........would have loved to have seen if the same scenario was given to any of the 'lower' teams such as WPS, SIRROMET, BJR, Autobarn or the likes - you could bet your bottom dollar that they would not have been there.
True they do have alot to lose if they boot HRT out but if the boot was on the other foot im sure if it were FPR/SBR or the likes there would have been no clipsal, nor any points.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:26 PM   #28
cortinagt

Can anyone remember Crompton doing a story on HRT/HSVDT sharing their testing and therefore having less testing days. Also they showed the blue network cable that enabled them to securely shared data on race days. Was that last year or 2005?
Old 12-03-2007, 03:14 PM   #29
xtremerus
FG XR6T trayback

Surely if its proved one person owns the two teams, then both teams should be penalized. That is, lose of points & prizemoney for last season when they both ran illegally.
Craig then wins the Championships.
But as you all say, it won't happen
xtremerus is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-03-2007, 05:43 PM   #30
Bill_R
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

ok, it's after 5 pm. anyone heard anything?