Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 26-12-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
spi1
Starter Motor

Default Ford Focus 2006 LS satrtup probs.

It's an South African Built April 2006 Ford Focus(LS) only 30000Km.It's been at the local mechanics for 3 days.The first guy to check it from RACV road side assist checked the battery, starter etc. He couldn't hear the fuel pump wizzing, before the start.He jiggled the fuel pump relay. The car started then I drove to the mechanics. They put in a new fuel pump relay and started once, twice and then nothing. That mechanic is looking at the fuel pump.He suspects that it's this.He's checked the realy wiring.He even thought the car didn't have petrol as it wasn't sucking up the fuel.Anyway, I have to wait until he returns from his christams break to see if he's right.

If it is the fuel pump, how could it go so quick? If it's still not the fuel pump what else could it be?

Thanks

spi1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #2
819_FLY

Alot of fuel pump's use the fuel to lubricate, if they fitted the fuel pump without priming the lines, turning the ignition on letting the fuel pump operate without adequate fuel running through it would have worn it out. Did you run out of fuel at any point recently??

Check out 819FLY!!
819_FLY is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-12-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
spi1
Starter Motor

I usually fill up when the gauge is at the bottom at 1/4 or when the computer says
90 km to go! I was thinking maybe just bad fuel. I usually alter between octane 91 and 95.
Old 26-12-2009, 10:52 PM   #4
casabonka
You can call me Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by spi1
I usually fill up when the gauge is at the bottom at 1/4 or when the computer says
90 km to go! I was thinking maybe just bad fuel. I usually alter between octane 91 and 95.
Dont know if this is the issue, but the LX is supposed to run on 95ULP
-Rear Whiteline swaybay
-Lenso 18's w/Kumho rubber
-Tinted Windows
casabonka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #5
20focus05
I wanna XR5

ours has a prob of not starting now and then. been doing it since new, had reflashes but nothing has fixed it.
if you hold the accel flat to the floor it puts the engine management into anti-flood mode.
If our does not start I do this and it starts, just make sure you lift off the accel as soon as it starts.

Fuel pumps can be funny, I fitted a new one to a car at it did not work! So sometimes things have failures for no good reason.

Also from the LS onwards it is recommended that 95 or higher be used. Ours will ping on 98 at times.

Ex Ford owner and member of this great site for ages.

South Australia, where the RIGHT hand lane is the NEW LEFT lane??????!!! %&#@*
20focus05 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #6
spi1
Starter Motor

Someone mentioned a fuel cut off switch. But the car started and after a new relay was inserted it started then no start after that?